7.0 is LIVE!

Check out what's going on.

Re: 7.0 is LIVE!

Postby Harboe » 13 Jul 2019 16:51

Update notes

Elyos now have a 40 % Might bonus on all Might gains. This is a semi-permanent feature meant to create an extra incentive to play Elyos rather than going Asmodian.

NPC's in base now have tabs and items to sell as they should.

Dragon Dance has been adjusted to be slightly more difficult.

Fixed more issues related to Painter's beam skills. They are now affected by blind/evade and shields as they should. The beam that can be used on Aether bound players now ends when the target is no longer bound.

Fixed an issue with some Ranger buffs not applying Crit Strike as they should.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Zutto » 13 Jul 2019 16:53

Cool thanks!
Zutto

Character: Zutto

Postby Gameboy » 13 Jul 2019 19:28

nokia8800 wrote:SO MR stat is useless at this patch bois ?

It's useless since patchs, it got removed to get faster the stats you are looking for.
Gameboy
Officer

Character: Dawnwing

Postby Akiranx » 14 Jul 2019 11:53

Harb since damage is way higher now can you able shards to work on healing skills too like on retail?
Akiranx

Postby Harboe » 15 Jul 2019 17:57

Update notes

Cleric's vision stigmas are now correct.

Premade entry to BG's are now restricted to 1 Painter per group. This restriction does not apply to Dredgion or 6v6 (just like the Templar restriction doesn't apply to these formats either).

Painter's Paint Bomb skill now deals more appropriate (less) PvP damage, as it should be.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 16 Jul 2019 07:10

Update notes

Adjusted HP of mobs in Dredgion so it's more fitting to the current damage levels.

Adjusted damage of Paint Bomb so it deals half of its damage to players (on top of the nerf from yesterday).

Moving beyond the gate in Dredgion before the timer starts will now properly kill Painters.

Petrification is now a full-on paralyze effect.

Fixed "ghosting" appearing after usages of Paint Bomb.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 16 Jul 2019 08:54

Notice on upcoming balance adjustments

I will be reviewing the data that the server collects from PvP today in order to establish if and how much Painter needs a nerf specifically to its damage output.

At a quick glance, it is truly a glass cannon scoring tons of kills compared to other classes, but also dying a lot (more than any other class). The latter observation is probably more related to the fact that there's a ton of people just learning to play Painter these days, so they are obviously messing with the raw statistics. When I do balance assessments based on data, I only look at experienced players (as experienced as one can be after a few days), because they provide the most reliable data points, but I haven't gotten down to that just yet.

I'm pretty certain that we will be performing some kind of custom nerf(s) to Painter, be it a global damage reduction or toning down certain skills (such as beams), and possibly boosting the defense bonuses while a target is petrified (because currently it's almost nothing). But more on that later!
Harboe
Founder

Postby arcanee » 16 Jul 2019 08:59

Harboe wrote:I'm pretty certain that we will be performing some kind of custom nerf(s) to Painter, be it a global damage reduction or toning down certain skills (such as beams), and possibly boosting the defense bonuses while a target is petrified (because currently it's almost nothing). But more on that later!

that already sounds amazing
arcanee
Governor

Character: arcanee

Postby Djandru » 16 Jul 2019 09:11

We must not forget that painter is a rag, like sorcerer in his time, but sorcerer had in addition a lot of damage and tons of control. Painter has only a lot of damage, it is the number one goal, as well as SM had a lot of damage and control of 6.2 and was the number one goal, just the players didn't learn to kill painter.
Djandru

Character: Laveng

Postby Harboe » 16 Jul 2019 09:14

Djandru wrote:We must not forget that painter is a rag, like sorcerer in his time, but sorcerer had in addition a lot of damage and tons of control. Painter has only a lot of damage, it is the number one goal, as well as SM had a lot of damage and control of 6.2 and was the number one goal, just the players didn't learn to kill painter.

Petrification and root aren't control?

And nobody is forgetting that the class is a glass cannon. But right now even the worst player can instagib anyone with zero counterplay because the burst is so high. That's perhaps a bit outside of the intended scope.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Djandru » 16 Jul 2019 09:27

Of course control, but it is not necessary to compare it with the control of SM and sorcerer at the time, these classes have caused the same violent emotions that could kill a superior number of players. But time passed and people learned to live with it. The same as now, I use the beam, and people are not trying to break the distance, they're just trying to beat me on the damage, although there are already smart people quickly tearing the distance or tearing its use. Last
Djandru

Character: Laveng

Postby Lasies » 16 Jul 2019 09:38

The same as now, I use the beam, and people are not trying to break the distance, they're just trying to beat me on the damage, although there are already smart people quickly tearing the distance or tearing its use. Last

u mad?ur beam fucking 7-12k dps - 0.3 second
Lasies

Character: Etsu

Postby Lasies » 16 Jul 2019 09:39

ye go all painter cry coz 28k and 43k its bad dps and no need fixed
Lasies

Character: Etsu

Postby Harboe » 16 Jul 2019 09:41

Djandru wrote:Of course control, but it is not necessary to compare it with the control of SM and sorcerer at the time, these classes have caused the same violent emotions that could kill a superior number of players. But time passed and people learned to live with it. The same as now, I use the beam, and people are not trying to break the distance, they're just trying to beat me on the damage, although there are already smart people quickly tearing the distance or tearing its use. Last

I think the days where people just "live with" massively broken classes like how SM used to be are gone. For a number of classes there used to be unwritten rules about what skills you were allowed to use under which circumstances (and some skills you absolutely must not use if you had any honour in your life). That's never coming back, though, because the game changed and people changed with it.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Yxcvbnmnbvcxy » 16 Jul 2019 11:24

Djandru wrote:We must not forget that painter is a rag, like sorcerer in his time, but sorcerer had in addition a lot of damage and tons of control. Painter has only a lot of damage, it is the number one goal, as well as SM had a lot of damage and control of 6.2 and was the number one goal, just the players didn't learn to kill painter.

Why do you need any cc (beside root and petrification) when you can teleport 30meters every 8 seconds and therefore kite literally every available class?
Yxcvbnmnbvcxy

Character: Infidelity

PreviousNext

Return to News