Many QQ in a row

Just discuss stuff in here.

Many QQ in a row

Postby Yoummu » 11 Mar 2019 00:02

So many people did cry because 6.2 is different and they wanted an old patch.

Harboe did hear the cries and now we have an old patch but the people want also the implemented things of new patches (permanent recharger).

What do you think? Should Harboe try to add permanent recharger in this 4.6?

Maybe some of you will say: "better another patch, like 4.8 or 5.x, but you would say after (again): "delete bard, cancer class" and some old phrases of QQ.

Let us to know your opinion.
Yoummu

Character: Yoummu

Re: Many QQ in a row

Postby Hydro » 11 Mar 2019 00:13

Seriously? As if the shoutbox messages weren’t enough.

Edit: Don’t you think that Harb has heard this enough? People never stop complaining about .recharger or mentioning that the server is dying. Also, everyone bitched and moaned about having an older patch added to the server, and Harb has blessed our damn souls with one.

How people can’t survive without recharger? Beats me.
Hydro

Character: Today

Postby Yoummu » 11 Mar 2019 00:18

The shoutbox had both petitions and i think we can have only 1 of them, or as max 1 first and the another after.
Yoummu

Character: Yoummu

Postby Hydro » 11 Mar 2019 00:21

Yoummu wrote:The shoutbox had both petitions and i think we can have only 1 of them, or as max 1 first and the another after.

I truly doubt that a petition is going to change Harb’s mind. If he feels the need to add a .recharger command, he will.
Hydro

Postby Seoul » 11 Mar 2019 11:03

Back in my days we had to manage CDs to duel.
Seoul
The Game

Character: Vision

Postby Hydro » 11 Mar 2019 13:48

Seoul wrote:Back in my days we had to manage CDs to duel.

The good ol’ days
Hydro

Postby Shki » 11 Mar 2019 15:33

ye those days donzo tho, and these ppl wont understand it anyway.
Shki

Character: Ego

Postby Naifter » 11 Mar 2019 22:41

Imho 4.8 was funnier and gunner was less broken if i can remember well. Bard was stronger instead of 4.6, with chain dots plus instant silence and some other things.. Can't remember if AT was more balanced or even worse in 4.8 x'D Didn't even played so much the patch, but i could notice that the game was a little improved from my point of view. Hope it's not just a my idea. 4.6 it's a too unbalanced patch to be honest.. everyone plays CC classes as sorc sm or the 3 famous classes. I couldn't see any other classes most of the time.
Naifter

Postby Demonicsouls » 12 Mar 2019 00:28

Honestly would agree that 4.8 (personally) would have felt like a better choice since it was more balanced all round here - quite possibly being one of Notaion's finest eras, if I'm not mistaken. However, "too little, too late" as they say
Dear conscience,

This game is full of idiots. Don't degrade yourself to their level.

Regards,
Subconscience
Demonicsouls
Dedicated

Character: Hid

Postby mitaeshin » 13 Mar 2019 09:48

4.6 is pretty good for PvE server because of Katalams, and a lot of instances in this patch. 4.8 is pretty good for PvP server because of stigmas, and new balance where gunner/at can't kill you in 1 sec. No idea why they did 4.6.
mitaeshin

Character: ranger

Postby Harboe » 13 Mar 2019 09:53

mitaeshin wrote:No idea why they did 4.6.

Because that was the furthest back I could roll the Not Aion source code. And obviously pre 4.8 is way more nostalgic of Katalam. If you didn't notice by now, this was about feels, not balance, lol.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Crusherz » 13 Mar 2019 14:42

imo 4.6 was a very good choice (even tho the gameplay on some classes is rly slow and rewards brain afking), people just aren't interested in aion much
Crusherz

Character: Crusherz

Postby Miew » 13 Mar 2019 20:26

I think permanent recharger destroyed the gameplay lately. How many of the "top tier" players were just camping there to go BG with friend of the other fraction? Features like FFA, .1v1, .arena weren't used anymore.

Ofc, aion is dieing over and over, but imo harb was the one, who tried to bring back the game, we all loved to play.

In the end NCsoft and Gameforge ruined the game. I think they just forget, what every class was based on. In the end, SPIRITmaster wasn't played with spirit most of the time. Every class (even Nonmagical classes) were able to transform into an element. I mean, wtf? That's just one of 10000 examples. Now you choose sm and u get a sorc. If the fail starts by choosing ur class, the whole game fails furthermore. :)

For me: Thank u harb for this nostalgic month, I was very happy about it. Sad that players don't appreciate ur work anymore.

Miew Spiritmaster :3
Miew

Character: Miew

Postby Naifter » 14 Mar 2019 11:03

Crusherz wrote:imo 4.6 was a very good choice (even tho the gameplay on some classes is rly slow and rewards brain afking), people just aren't interested in aion much

It's a good patch for what? Maps, Story line? Yea maybe only that. You must count that Not Aion is based on PvP, so a more balanced patch would have lasted more, without doubts.
Naifter

Postby Crusherz » 14 Mar 2019 15:07

Naifter wrote:It's a good patch for what? Maps, Story line? Yea maybe only that. You must count that Not Aion is based on PvP, so a more balanced patch would have lasted more, without doubts.

nah, it's good in terms of balance and i'm talking about pvp of course
I wouldn't say 4.8 is more balanced, 4.8 is just the number physical classes mainers mention as the "most fair one" because it boosted most of them a lot (templars, rangers boosted, chants boosted, glads boosted in a way)
in your previous posts u also were talking about bards being weaker in 4.6 than what we're used to for years (press insta buttons to dispel of all fears sleeps cd 0 sec, got at the same time ccs, dps etc), but it isn't even normal when some class has so many tools like that; if a class is pretty obvious and easy to play (like bard in 4.6) it's not supposed to also be strong or top tier
just because the patch doesn't fit your image of aion it doesn't mean it's not balanced, of course 4.6 has its issues, the main of them is super slow and dumb gameplay being highly rewarded for some classes (like clerics), too OP gunners 123 no effort etc, but it also doesn't have a lot of unfair things we've been getting for years as chanters with 1 insta button aoe invul for every bg round + dps + heals + stuns, rangers with non removable agonising arrow + 999 instant sleeps no cd + insane dps, lumiel 123 sins killing cloth in 1.5 sec (they're still strong tho), red vision buff 5.8 immortal spiritmasters in comps with healers and so on
i'd like to know your name ing because the balance discussion implies that u have to be a top tier player of your class and have excellent game knowledge, otherwise it's pointless to discuss anything
Crusherz

Character: Crusherz

Next

Return to General Discussion