Sm worth playing??

Just discuss stuff in here.

Sm worth playing??

Postby stefyfifis1 » 13 Jun 2018 22:55

yo guys , just came back on game from a long pause . I used 2 mained sm on !aion in 4.0-4.5 or smthing like that . Wanted 2 ask if sm worth playing now in 6.8 ??? From what i've seen now is just shit without using fear and just playing sm for fear is boring as fuck
stefyfifis1

Character: Breakall

Re: Sm worth playing??

Postby HexHaXor » 14 Jun 2018 08:26

i would say enjoy fear while you can
the current patch is 5.8, 6.8 will hit when half life 3 is out.
My pets after theyr prey

Former sexual abuser of the PVP balance
HexHaXor
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Character: HHx

Postby Etnas » 14 Jun 2018 10:04

Hello, we are in 5.8 at the moment. Unfortunately without fear you can't kill any classes so you should use a full fear rotation. With fears rotation most classes can be easy killed so you don't need to worry about it. Also sm is a "magic tanker" because full buff they got something like 4000 magic suppression (mean with the right manastones you can make a defensive set with 4300 ms. This is a huge amount if you consider classes like sorcerer/bard got 3400 ms). Sm was and will be always a strong(boring so boring..) class!
Have fun and a good day! :)
Etnas

Character: Magilou

Postby Mishat » 14 Jun 2018 13:18

Etnas wrote:Hello, we are in 5.8 at the moment. Unfortunately without fear you can't kill any classes so you should use a full fear rotation. With fears rotation most classes can be easy killed so you don't need to worry about it. Also sm is a "magic tanker" because full buff they got something like 4000 magic suppression (mean with the right manastones you can make a defensive set with 4300 ms. This is a huge amount if you consider classes like sorcerer/bard got 3400 ms). Sm was and will be always a strong(boring so boring..) class!
Have fun and a good day! :)

you need full fear rotation to kill who? idk what's this logic or what bad sms you've met
sm is as op as ever, a lot of dmg since will got nerfed (if you have right skills at +8 etc), only custom change is 2m fear in bg but you should be fine with a good third
duel related, you literally need 0 fears, i mean if you fear a sorc after silence combo or a sin that's completely fine
Mishat
EU Staff

Character: Asuna

Postby Etnas » 14 Jun 2018 13:44

Honestly i am not an sm player and every single sm i meet use a full fear rotation even if i play as a chanter. Same when i watch some duels on recharger they do the same to all classes. Without fear they have no chance especially against bard/cleric so they need to fear. It's true sm damage is high but every classes make high damage with 5.8
I think they can't kill at/sin/templar/gunner without at least 1-2 fear. The only class killable without fear maybe is chanter but i am not sure. This is my opinion from my experience and as i said i am not an sm player so i could be wrong
Etnas

Character: Magilou

Postby Calomidas » 14 Jun 2018 15:22

If you have no idea, why comment? Stop excusing yourself.
Calomidas
EU Staff

Character: Know

Postby Mishat » 14 Jun 2018 15:25

You're indeed wrong, not to mention using fear vs plates/chanter would be lame as hell.

It's like people forget sms have their own BG, dispel, tanky vision for the moment BG and dispel are out (and trust me, that vision is damn op and makes sm really tanky) while still having dispels back and forth (people can barely cover their important buffs) and silence combo + blind combo if they're smart to not use both at the same time
Mishat
EU Staff

Character: Asuna

Return to General Discussion