Unexpected downtime on February 1-2

Check out what's going on.

Unexpected downtime on February 1-2

Postby Harboe » 02 Feb 2018 07:46

Hello everyone,

We experienced an unexpected downtime on February 1 around 11 PM Central European Time until February 2 around 7:30 AM (when I kicked the server alive again).

In Not Aion standards, that's really a big window in which we were gone, so obviously, I apologise for that.

This happened due to a critical system failure on the EU server causing it to crash and reboot (the second time in just a week, actually). Until recently, the server has been solid as a rock with close to zero downtime in over a year.

Since the current EU server has crossed over 3 years in the line of duty, I will be considering whether it's time for a replacement.

Best regards,
Harboe
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: Unexpected downtime on February 1-2

Postby Brunx » 02 Feb 2018 11:28

Please let that be a good server. Preferably in Germany. So the ping could be close to perfect. Will you announce if whether you will be actually switching the host and where is it gonna be located?
Brunx

Postby Etnas » 02 Feb 2018 11:52

Sorry for my ignorance i don't know how work something like this but i am curious. Will you change the server location? or just replace the server?
Etnas

Character: Magilou

Postby Harboe » 02 Feb 2018 13:27

We're not gonna be moving anything or switching host. There is simply no better option than our current host for servicing Europe as well as internationally without moving into completely different price levels.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Return to News