Aion 6.0 - GAME REVAMP ONCE AGAIN! ?NO MORE HIGH DAEVA?

Just discuss stuff in here.

Re: Aion 6.0 - GAME REVAMP ONCE AGAIN! ?NO MORE HIGH DAEVA?

Postby derbyy103 » 28 Jun 2018 22:12

derbyy103

Character: Derbyy

Postby Etnas » 30 Jul 2018 10:49

Good morning guys! a new update on 01/08/2018
source: https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/KR_ ... t_1st_2018
so now with transformation we can do some new skills(but most of them are only for pve/specific dungeon. I will list only the two pvp skills):
-Eternal War, deals 900 wind damage up to 6 enemies within 10m and reduces Physical and Magical Damage by 75 for 10s
-Magic Transformation Master, Deals 1,800 damage to a target 10m away, and reduces its Physical and Magic Damage by 150
Etnas

Character: Magilou

Postby lemon7 » 11 Aug 2018 11:37

Was reading through the stuff here for fun. Wanted to clear some stuff up since I have a korean account and played around a little with 6.x. First things first, I confirmed the new magical attack and physical attack skills scale the same way magic boost does now, regardless of what weapon you use, e.g. a 1000 physical attack dagger will do the same skill damage as a 1000 atk polearm (albeit at different animation speeds). The only damage that varies weapon to weapon now are their auto attack damages which is basically weapon base damage * the skill damage modifier from physical/magical attack. This means magic classes will have just as hard hitting auto attacks. Here is some of my initial testing https://www.reddit.com/r/aion/comments/7zsqbr

Now to clear up the chanter nerfs. They NEEDED it. I will still likely be maining a chanter if not ranger simply cause I enjoy the classes regardless of how strong they turn out to be but chanters were busted af. Let me put it into perspective. Of all the 2h weapons the staff has the fastest attack speed, basically the shortest animations. This is important because weapon attack doesnt matter anymore, and cause the physical attack stat is normalized to be the same throughout all the different weapon types (of the same tiers), on a side note this is why greatswords will completely outclass polearms if anybody catches this. Now for the biggest point, the most important deciding factor for damage now is.. skill base damage, since physical attack is now a multiplier of your skills like how magic boost works. Guess what? Chanter had a skill at 2.4k damage with a stun and 12s cd, then another 2.2k damage skill that stumbled on a 8s cd... We already know about the very strong heal over time skills they got too but let me put the damage skills into perspective. Neither gladiator, ranger, or templar have ANY skills that hit that hard and their closest hard hitting skills all have MUCH longer cooldowns. Take into account that these skills will likely be hitting over 10x their base value too in end game, so while chanters would be hitting around 24-22k with their best skills on a short cd, a similarly geared glad would be hitting around 19k-21k with their best skills on very long cooldowns (their hardest hitting skills have base values of 1900 and 2100) and with much slower animations. Luckily those said op chanter skills were nerfed to 1600 but theyre still very strong so dont be alarmed by these nerfs. Healers are still busted in 6.x anyways.

Ps - if there are any typos or bad english, deal with it. Its 6am here and Im writing this from a small ass phone screen.
Original Forum Account Proudly playing on notaion since 2011.
lemon7

Character: Ravenblood

Postby Etnas » 11 Aug 2018 14:17

Not forget with 6.0 they change the magic damage. I mean there aren't anymore cap so like physic damage more magic attack you have more damage you do. That help a lot classes like sorcerer and make skills who decrease physic/magic def very useful. About chanter kr people said it's the stronger class from 6.0 (i think will still be the stronger even when the patch is "complete"). Anyway the patch is not done yet..probably with 6.8 or 6.9 they will still change skills/effect so don't worry :)
Etnas

Postby Majie » 11 Aug 2018 20:53

This game will be still the same, you are naive thinking that anything is going to get more balanced
Majie

Character: Removeshock

Postby Melach » 11 Aug 2018 22:11

Well, now all classes get a chance to win in situations some might not have now. Previous patches has always lacked this type of balance, some classes have just been left completely useless in many situations, but with reduced cooldowns and the full skill revamp, it's sorta giving all classes a chance to win, no matter what matchup it is. Like glad have better chance now in longer fights. And harder to punish someone who used a long cd skill.
Melach

Character: Spinel

Postby Majie » 12 Aug 2018 18:31

"Well, now all classes get a chance to win in situations some might not have now." Is there any purpose in discussing with you?
Majie

Postby Melach » 12 Aug 2018 19:38

Nah, I'm just talking out of my ass and my english is not the best^^
Melach

Postby lemon7 » 13 Aug 2018 00:27

It's aion. It's never going to really be balanced. They've never done a good job of that. Not that I really mind. However the balance of things will change because of the huge changes all classes are getting, and I think that keeps the game interesting, even though there will definitely be classes that are much more dominant than the other. I dont think they will break balance to the point of some classes being pointless, they're all fun to play and will likely still be relevant to whatever the game content is so I dont feel any reason to complain or feel salty myself.
Original Forum Account Proudly playing on notaion since 2011.
lemon7

Character: Ravenblood

Postby Etnas » 13 Aug 2018 11:08

Of course the game will be never perfect balanced (like 100% of online games) but if every classes get high change of victory and the different from class to class become "little" that is very welcome. If they remove things like "class A. kill class B. in easy way" it's a perfect work for my opinion. With the balance of bard they have do a good work but still there is work to do for other classes. Be positive :D
Etnas

Postby Majie » 16 Aug 2018 00:14

if every class get higher Chance of victory then rly there is nothing to be hyped about.
Majie

Postby Etnas » 16 Aug 2018 10:53

Why?
Etnas

Postby Kihyun » 16 Aug 2018 21:12

Majie wrote:if every class get higher Chance of victory then rly there is nothing to be hyped about.

Perfect example of how NCSOFT could do anything for Aion, whether it's balance-wise or anything, and there's still going to be that group of people, that only look at the negative points instead of focusing on the positive aspects.
Kihyun

Character: Aquaria

Postby Imheretosayhi » 18 Aug 2018 15:38

Majie wrote:if every class get higher Chance of victory then rly there is nothing to be hyped about.

Idk why u blocked Oppai u go unblock him
Imheretosayhi

Character: Hi

Postby Melach » 18 Aug 2018 18:58

Now I understand why Majie wants this server shut down. You haven't seen a psychiatrist yet? Not just for treatment purposes, but just so we may also know what exactly this mental illness is, which's maybe a little too common here.
Melach

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion