5.6 + Open World + EXTRA

Check out what's going on.

5.6 + Open World + EXTRA

Postby Harboe » 09 Aug 2017 09:30

Hello everyone,

5.6 has gone live on Not Aion alongside the update on EU retail. This means that you need to update your GameForge Aion client in order to log in and play. The update brings changes to the High Daeva creation/essence system including a higher cap for the High Daeva stats (60 up from 50), new formulas for stat gains from the High Daeva stats (better stats overall), new High Daeva skills for all classes and a higher cap for enchanting skills (8 up from 5). We have increased the available creation/essence points from 216 to 264.

The update also includes a great map suited for Open World PvP - more precisely the new Neviwind Canyon! Not Aion has changed the Open World PvP map to Neviwind Canyon as of today, which features a completely different take on Open World than you're used to seeing here on Not Aion.

Additionally, we have implemented custom balance changes with this update:

• Fear Shriek/Demonic Scream (only in BG): cooldown increased from 1 min to 2 min (doesn't apply to 6v6).
  • DPS Cleric buff (applies globally):
    • Sacrificial Power: Healing Boost reduction of -150 removed.
    • Call Lightning: PvP damage increased by 30%.
    • Chain of Corruption: PvP damage increased by 20%.
    • Enfeebling Burst: PvP damage increased by 20%.
    • Power Smash Strike (High Daeva skill): PvP damage increased by 20%. (disabled)
    • Thunderbolt: probability of triggering chain skill increased from 20% to 40%. (disabled)
    • Flashbolt: probability of triggering chain skill increased from 10% to 20%. (disabled)
    • Shocking Thunderbolt Strike (High Daeva skill): probability of triggering chain skill increased from 50% to 100%. (disabled)

I hope you all welcome these balance changes. The Fear Shriek nerf is meant to lower SM from its position as the best BG class (by far) to somewhere around the top classes, perhaps still staying at the top but not being as pivotal to success as earlier. The DPS Cleric buff is meant to make DPS Cleric viable again by increasing the damage output and lowering the penalty of using Sacrificial Power, which allows the Cleric to play more aggressively. On top of these buffs is the new High Daeva skill for Cleric, which is a heavily improved version Holy Servant which outdamages Summon Noble Energy.

BONUS: The Upgrade Arcade is active and scoring kills in Open World PvP or BG's will randomly award you with a Box that contains tokens that you can use to play and win rewards!

NEW COMMANDS: Added .group and .alliance commands that work similar to /invite allowing you to group up on the new Open World map (client restrictions block the usual ways of doing it).

ALSO: Fixed kisks being attackable by SM summons in neutral areas such as Recharger.

KNOWN ISSUES: The transformations when using the High Daeva versions of Mau and Slayer Form are currently disabled due to a bug. The skills work perfectly fine, however. We are working to fix the transformations asap.

Regards,
Harboe
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: 5.6 + Open World + EXTRA

Postby Harboe » 09 Aug 2017 09:30

Open World map:
Harboe
Founder

Postby Morky » 09 Aug 2017 09:34

I think i will love this map !
Morky

Character: devansyma

Postby Tyranny » 09 Aug 2017 09:41

I absolutely love these changes.
Tyranny

Postby bbjgvn » 09 Aug 2017 10:08

Hi, will the new cat (black/white) candies be added to shop? And I've seen QTPanda stream she showed that new PvE set so I wonder if that will be added too. And I'm also curious what out from the new content (items including) will or won't be added to the server.
bbjgvn

Postby Philya » 09 Aug 2017 10:16

Q: Hi, i can't use new mau form and sharpen arrow at the same time, is this working as intendeed?
Philya

Character: Azula

Postby Harboe » 09 Aug 2017 10:19

Philya wrote:Q: Hi, i can't use new mau form and sharpen arrow at the same time, is this working as intendeed?

Do you have other toggle skills enabled by any chance? It doesn't sound intended though.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Philya » 09 Aug 2017 10:23

yes, Appearently you can't have more than 2 toggled skills active, since New mau form works as a toggle skill, ranger now has 3 toggled skills: mau form, sharpen arrow, breath of nature.
So If want to use sharpen arrow and new mau form, breath of nature needs to be toggled off.
Philya

Character: Azula

Postby Voldemort » 09 Aug 2017 10:34

Custom "balance" changes. Increased shriek CD from 1 minute to 3 minutes, not to 2 minutes.. but 3. The top premade SM on the ladder who keeps changing his name every two days must really be pissing people off.. thats basically a personal nerf because some arena players prolly cried or quit cause of him. Lmao. Let me shriekt in peace in world ok? Wtf..

*edit* I just calmed my fear lockin ass down and saw its BG only. Nvm : )

*I AM CUUUTE*
Voldemort

Character: Voldemort

Postby Harboe » 09 Aug 2017 10:39

Voldemort wrote:Custom "balance" changes. Increased shriek CD from 1 minute to 3 minutes, not to 2 minutes.. but 3. The top premade SM on the ladder who keeps changing his name every two days must really be pissing people off.. thats basically a personal nerf because some arena players prolly cried or quit cause of him. Lmao. Let me shriekt in peace in world ok? Wtf..

*edit* I just calmed my fear lockin ass down and saw its BG only. Nvm : )

If you had a bit more insight, you would know that SM has been the strongest BG class for many years now, but it has evolved to the point where SM is pretty much mandatory in the composition if you want to compete at the top. It has nothing to do with a single player and this balance change was decided a whole month ago when the player you're talking about wasn't even at the top of the ladder.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Tailurr » 09 Aug 2017 11:20

DPS cleric most played class in 5.6 incoming?
Thanks for the huge buff, finally :v
Love the new update alot ;)
~fucked my way up to the top♡
Tailurr

Character: Tessi

Postby notmisogi » 09 Aug 2017 11:50

Fear Shriek/Demonic Scream (only in BG): cooldown increased from 1 min to 3 min (doesn't apply to 6v6).

nice nice, maybe u'll just delete Sm from the server?
Last edited by notmisogi on 09 Aug 2017 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
notmisogi

Character: Misogi

Postby Rizyn » 09 Aug 2017 11:54

What exactly do you mean by a different take on open world?
Last edited by Rizyn on 09 Aug 2017 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Rizyn

Character: Rizyn

Postby Harboe » 09 Aug 2017 11:54

notmisogi wrote:Fear Shriek/Demonic Scream (only in BG): cooldown increased from 1 min to 3 min (doesn't apply to 6v6).
DPS Cleric buff (applies globally)
nice nice, maybe u'll just delete Sm from the server?

Other classes have been nerfed much harder than SM in the past. If you can't deal with your class being brought into line with other classes (and SM will still remain a top class in BG's), then you are a hypocrite.

Rizyn wrote:What exactly do you mean by a different take on open world pvp?

Look at the map I posted? Log in game and try it out.
Harboe
Founder

Postby sad » 09 Aug 2017 13:35

what exatly is the sm supposed to do when fear shierk is in cd? also this isnt retail and fear is easy to avoid. the only reason because sms usually are top in ladder is because the class with who they play, like ranger-sm so sm as free shierk on sleep. and also because they play with best clerics. i dont think making sms able to do bgs is the right way to balance. u could more simply increase fear resist when target is sleep (by some sleeps like ranger's) in bg so it doesnt get feared. for me this would have been way more balanced and fair.
sad

Character: Sad

Next

Return to News