Automated name clearing

Check out what's going on.

Automated name clearing

Postby Harboe » 26 Jul 2015 14:01

Hello guys,

It has long been an issue that you guys want names that aren't very original, so of course, they have already been taken by someone in the past who then decided to stop playing. Up until now, players had to request a name clear through me and I had to go through the process of checking up on things manually which made it quite bothersome - and I was starting to get swamped with requests to be honest.

So I decided to make an automated name clearing system. For 500 Might you can now clear a name that belongs to an inactive account (hasn't been logged into for at least 3 months) that isn't banned (banned names stay banned - for life). It's really simple:

- Go to https://notaion.com/account-services
- Select the proper server
- Type in the desired character name
- Hit Clear name and if you're lucky, the name is now free! (at the low cost of just 500 Might)

Regards,
Harboe
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: Automated name clearing

Postby Levago » 26 Jul 2015 14:09

What happens if I login after e.g. 1 year and s.b. has taken my name?
Levago

Character: Miija

Postby Harboe » 26 Jul 2015 14:11

Levago wrote:What happens if I login after e.g. 1 year and s.b. has taken my name?

Your name will have a random letter or two attached to the end of it. It's at least better than getting some totally random Hqwejcqwel name xD
Harboe
Founder

Postby Ika » 26 Jul 2015 15:01

I like this, but may I suggest something, to reserve our main identity (who we are known by, if it's me - Ika) to have only 1 reserved char name per account for that purpose. Rest of the chars won't have this kind of "insurance", and it could even cost might to reserve the name just the same as it would to clean it (maybe to prevent people from creating accounts just to reserve names).

I know all chars names in that account are reserved for 6 months as soon as you log in, but what if you can't login during that time just to reserve the name (being recruited into military service for example )

Edit: Nvm having a random letter at end isn't so bad but I'd still rather have my original name as it is if I have to go inactive for a long period of time.
葬る!
(Eliminate)

Ika
Veteran

Postby Harboe » 26 Jul 2015 15:11

Ika wrote:I like this, but may I suggest something, to reserve our main identity (who we are known by, if it's me - Ika) to have only 1 reserved char name per account for that purpose. Rest of the chars won't have this kind of "insurance", and it could even cost might to reserve the name just the same as it would to clean it (maybe to prevent people from creating accounts just to reserve names).

I know all chars names in that account are reserved for 6 months as soon as you log in, but what if you can't login during that time just to reserve the name (being recruited into military service for example )

Edit: Nvm having a random letter at end isn't so bad but I'd still rather have my original name as it is if I have to go inactive for a long period of time.

In this specific case, simply letting me know of the situation should be enough - it's far too rare a thing for it to be worth setting up an automated system. I was getting several name clear requests every single day before I considered making this automated system.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Ika » 26 Jul 2015 15:20

Well that's fair enough =) thank you.
葬る!
(Eliminate)

Ika
Veteran

Postby Drill » 26 Jul 2015 21:01

Awesome news , thank you Harb for your great work !
Drill
Dedicated

Character: AetherTech

Postby Kya » 26 Jul 2015 21:03

Y U DO DIS AKYLISOMETHING
and what are those ips
If there was a contest to see who doesn't give a fuck the most
I wouldn't win cause I don't give a fuck about winning yo
I don't even give a fuck about not giving a fuck,
so I do give a fuck... wait, what?
Kya
Dedicated

Character: Kya

Postby computerhoofd » 26 Jul 2015 22:02

Nice update.
Support Cleric guide: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3575
Assist DPS guide: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3977&hilit
computerhoofd
Ancient

Character: Kenkou

Postby Pyre » 29 Jul 2015 13:59

Muh names :'(
Pyre
Drama queen

Postby IcaRoo » 30 Jul 2015 00:42

Good thing i took all the good names on my banned acc. Hue.
IcaRoo

Character: Ica

Postby Suoku » 30 Jul 2015 21:20

Hello,
first of all I really think this is a great thing Harb did for us.
Even tho I have to critisize something. In my opportnity I dont see a reason to take might from players, for a automatisized service, especially because the staff don't have any advantage of the taken might from the player.
This is no hate, I just dont really see the reason.
Suoku

Character: Suoku

Postby Harboe » 30 Jul 2015 21:47

Suoku wrote:Hello,
Even tho I have to critisize something. In my opportnity I dont see a reason to take might from players, for a automatisized service, especially because the staff don't have any advantage of the taken might from the player.

It's a very special service and you are taking the name from someone else (even though this player is inactive and may have quit entirely) so I think it warrants a fee. Not because it's costly to do, but similarly to our remodel system, it's a very special service and therefore it should have a cost.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Daveolf » 31 Jul 2015 16:21

Suoku wrote:Hello,

And also 500might is not that terrible, even new player can have it in 1hour...
*don't worry if you see shit posts from me, I play drunk sometimes... anyone DF btw?

Daveolf

Character: Davegun

Postby Suoku » 31 Jul 2015 23:24

Hello again :D
Since I'm kinda frustrated now I would like to share an idea of mine.
Me and a friend wanted to take duo names and because I don't want to annoy and wait for Harb all the time to ask if they are inactive, I think it would be really good to know, whether a name is active befor you pay the fee of 500 mights. I know some people say it's "just" 500 might but I still don't want to waste many hours and might just to notice that one of the two names are occupied.
Suoku

Character: Suoku

Next

Return to News