5.8 Server FAQ

Check out what's going on.

5.8 Server FAQ

Postby Harboe » 19 Jan 2020 13:50

Frequently Asked Questions
5.8 Server

Q. Will my characters and might from the 7.2 server be there on the 5.8 server?
A. No. The 5.8 server is a completely new server, so your existing characters and might will not be there. This also means that the 7.2 server is not going anywhere as it is not being replaced by the 5.8 server. It will work as 2 separate servers just like it was when we launched the 4.6 server about a year ago.

Q. Where is the new 5.8 server located?
A. The new server is located in the exact same place as the current 7.2 server. That is in Frankfurt, Germany.

Q. How can I play on the 5.8 server?
A. You must download the 5.8 Aion client through a Torrent client such as qBittorrent (download link). The 5.8 Aion client torrent which includes the launcher for Not Aion can be downloaded here: https://notaion.com/launcher/Not_Aion_5.8.torrent

Q. When is the 5.8 server opening?
A. The 5.8 server will be released on Thursday, January 23rd, 2020. Make sure to have the client downloaded before then so you are ready to play once it goes live!

Q. Do we get a 5000 Might starter bonus like we did with the 4.6 server?
A. No. New accounts will start with 250 Might, starter gear, and you will be able to use a 3-day Class Trial package which offers full shop gear for every class on your account. The gear in the package only lasts 3 days, so make sure to make the most of it while you can.

Q. What armor, weapons and manastones will be available?
A. The gear selection will be almost the same as it was back in 5.8 times with some minor changes. The exact details will have to wait until the server is released. However, the manastones available will generally be less potent than the ones at the time (we used to have +10 Archdaeva stones, etc.).

Q. What will be the Open World map and Siege map?
A. We are using the same Open World map and Siege map that was in place at the time of 5.8, that is Tiamaranta's Eye for Open World and Kaldor for the siege.

Q. Can we use .recharger on the 5.8 server?
A. Yes, you will have the same access to .recharger as you used to have back in 5.8 which is the same as it is now on the 7.2 server.

Q. How do I earn Might and gear up on the 5.8 server?
A. There has always been several ways to gear up on Not Aion. If you just want to PvP, you can go PvP and earn Might and complete the dailies. Completing a daily goal gives 100 Might + the choice between 5 Tempering Solutions or 5 Omega Enchantment Stones. If you want to PvE, then you can grind mobs in Open World or play in one of the 5 available PvE challenges (solo, duo, 4-man, 6-man and 12-man). All of them provide great challenge and rewards for the PvE fans.

Q. Will there be Keio/Luminiel's weapons like in 5.8?
A. No, we have decided not to add the +20 Keio/Luminiel's weapons to the 5.8 server.

Q. Will the nerfs to MR/Block/Strike Resist be active?
A. Yes, we will have the same nerfs in place as we used at the time. For more details, see this thread: https://forum.notaion.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9163

Q. Will Stigma Stones be +9 and unlock the additional Stigma Slot?
A. Yes! Unlike how it was back in 5.8 on Not Aion, we will be enabling the additional Stigma Slot on the 5.8 server this time around.

Q. Will the Item Shop be like last time there was an old version server (expanding categories, no gifting)?
A. Nope! This time around with the 5.8 server, you will get the full Item Shop including The Market and Plume Exchange which are quintessential to the 5.8 experience.

Q. Do I need to create a new account to play on the 5.8 server?
A. No. You can use the same account to play on the 5.8 server as well as the 7.2 server, and even better, having characters on the 7.2 server will not count against the maximum possible number of characters on the 5.8 server! So you can have 8 characters on the 7.2 server and 8 on the 5.8 server. There will be a switch on the notaion.com website that allows you to change your account between the 5.8 and 7.2 server.

Q. What kind of Archdaeva transformations will be available on the 5.8 server?
A. Just like back in 5.8, you will be able to get the 15 second duration buffs that can be used in Open World PvP, Secret Library PvE challenge, and some other places (though you can't use them in Battlegrounds). You will not be able to get the more powerful Archdaeva transformations that replace your skillbar, however.

Feel free to ask more questions. I will add the answers here.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: 5.8 Server FAQ

Postby Oiran » 19 Jan 2020 16:01

we'll have these extra slot stigma for 5.8 ?
Oiran

Character: oiran

Postby Lovecraft » 19 Jan 2020 18:28

Is there any chance to get on new server normal shop with all up th 5.8 skins, for example? I mean, same shop like it was at the main serv back then.
Lovecraft

Character: Daniel

Postby Dewae » 19 Jan 2020 22:51

How about the prices, will they be as low as the 4.6 server? (100 might each part) or normal (500 might)
Dewae

Character: Dewae

Postby sinpai » 21 Jan 2020 05:49

so if server is in germany and some na newb wants to play on wtfast so we can have low ping then what server would we use and how would we go about it to make it connect?
sinpai

Postby Zze » 21 Jan 2020 19:00

You wont have the ping you want , the best you will get it something 100-130+ , an upgrade from 200 ~ without proxy . Should work if you can connect to any German servers.
Zze
Dedicated

Character: Assassin

Postby Youmu » 21 Jan 2020 21:19

200 is the lowest ping you can get with ping reducer programs living in SA zone.
Youmu

Character: Youmu

Postby Lovecraft » 21 Jan 2020 22:02

Is Tiamaranta's eye permanent Open World location or it will be changed sometime? Cuz this concrete thing always annoys me :?
Lovecraft

Character: Daniel

Postby Oiran » 21 Jan 2020 23:54

Lovecraft wrote:Is Tiamaranta's eye permanent Open World location or it will be changed sometime? Cuz this concrete thing always annoys me :?

well first the serv must to survive, then after myb
Oiran

Character: oiran

Postby Helios » 22 Jan 2020 04:11

I get 210ms from Uruguay - Frankfurt with Exitlag or WTFast on (without it the game is actually unplayable), I can't get to be competitive with that ping though, especially against AHK + 20ms users. LOL

[Uruguay - New York = 145ms (With Exitlag or WTFast)]
[Uruguay - São Paulo = 35ms (With Exitlag or WTFast)]

I'm actually not gonna play it if it doesn't come to SA, yo. Cause even if Harboe decides to reopen the NA host, there will be no players to play with.
Helios

Character: Helios

Postby powerlarr » 22 Jan 2020 10:54

Harb , will water/fire/wind be enbabled ( like it was before ) , or they will be disabled along side terra form ?
powerlarr

Character: Fallinfate

Postby Zze » 22 Jan 2020 19:35

Cant remember if this was the patch with the armor down and full heal macro and if this fix is also enabled in 5.8.

Also whats the delay between switching sets ? Because im feeling it was to less for what those sets switching were providing back then.
Zze
Dedicated

Character: Assassin

Postby Youmu » 22 Jan 2020 20:39

In this patch it was disabled. Re-equiping gear didn't change the hp number.
Youmu

Postby Kirenne » 30 Jan 2020 12:55

Hello i have a small question, do we have to install the 5.8 file in the retail aion folder like the other clients? cuz i have it in a different space and it freezes when i select the server. Can someone help ?
Kirenne

Character: Kirenne

Postby Youmu » 30 Jan 2020 18:57

the file doesn't need to be installed. you can download it in any place of your pc.
Youmu

Next

Return to News