New DDoS protected server

Check out what's going on.

New DDoS protected server

Postby Harboe » 05 Jan 2020 12:30

Hello everyone,

Due to the persistence of the recent DDoS attacks, which have been on a scale far too large for the protections of Not Aion's EU server to cope with, I have decided to get a new server with extensive DDoS protection that should (hopefully) be strong enough to withstand the attacks. I can't give any guarantees as to whether this will do the trick, but I sure hope so as I've spent a lot of time dealing with the attacks despite what some of you might think. Not Aion has quite simply never before been the target of such powerful attacks.

The new server is at a different host and is geographically located near Frankfurt, Germany. This means you will get a different ping than before. For some it may increase a bit, for others it may decrease, and others may not see much change at all. That's simply how it is. The server has been deployed by the time of this post.

There may still be some setup issues that need to be handled during the course of the next few days. So don't expect everything to just be working completely right off the bat.

Best regards,
Harboe
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: New DDoS protected server

Postby Harboe » 05 Jan 2020 12:42

In order to do a swift move to the new server, there was a small rollback of the state of the server databases. So if you did anything in the wee hours of today, such as purchase something from the shop or earn some Might, your actions have been rolled back by a few hours. Only a handful of players were affected by this.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Return to News