5.8 IS COMING BACK!

Check out what's going on.

5.8 IS COMING BACK!

Postby Harboe » 27 Nov 2020 16:21

5.8 Reincarnated - Round 2

Gloomy times call for desperate measures, I guess. Even though I decided not to develop Not Aion any longer, I think there's still plenty enjoyment to be had with what we created together. Not Aion was from the beginning a community-centered project, taking in the creative and marvelous ideas from the players, a staff team going to great lengths to work out how to do the craziest things within the confines of the Aion universe. I think the 5.8 server that was launched in the beginning of this year before most people had even heard of a "corona virus" did a lot of things right. It also lasted a great deal longer than the previous attempts at creating something Not Aion "old school". I think it's time for round 2, just to see what will happen, and because I think the time is right.

Client download
Set yourself up to be ready for launch by downloading the Not Aion 5.8 client torrent: https://notaion.com/launcher/Not_Aion_5.8.torrent

I suggest using the qBittorrent client for downloading the client: https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php

When do we go live?
The 5.8 server will open on Sunday, November 29, 2020 - let's say around noon CEST (that's 12:00 server time in layman's terms).

Further questions?
Please see the FAQ for more information.

Best regards,
Harboe
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: 5.8 IS COMING BACK!

Postby tommika01 » 27 Nov 2020 16:46

why
tommika01

Character: Predatorslayer

Postby Phailtos » 27 Nov 2020 16:56

Some new GM will be there ? A new server it's good but without any gm online and any Event to anime this its not rly cool i guess
Phailtos

Postby Harboe » 27 Nov 2020 16:59

Phailtos wrote:Some new GM will be there ? A new server it's good but without any gm online and any Event to anime this its not rly cool i guess

Yes, there will be active (and new) staff.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Phailtos » 27 Nov 2020 17:35

Harboe wrote:
Phailtos wrote:Some new GM will be there ? A new server it's good but without any gm online and any Event to anime this its not rly cool i guess

Yes, there will be active (and new) staff.

Well its nice, i hope there will be active not like the old 5.8 with only 2 event/week and its was only KOR xd
Phailtos

Postby Sed » 27 Nov 2020 23:58

Just do an 1.9 or 2.0-2.5 server and delete the current versions.

An Classic Aion server which we must level up and farm for gear, trade items, etc. Also a few instances like dark poeta, etc etc.

One of the beautiful parts is that the PVP will be naturally..like the good old times...the essence of the game which is to explore and adventure had vanish, we miss the old times.

Do it medium rates. Not too low, not too too high. Somewhere between.

There are like 3 servers like that, ultra low rates retail like, with constantly 1000+ players online, but most of them are russians as the servers. There are many europeans and north americans, etc aswell. If you do the same type of server in EU, it will be a beast and the only one of its kind.

We know its a lot of work, but you can do it. NotAION has allways been PVP-only and in the last years was mostly dead because of that...is very boring, do the same things every single day, ppl stop playing...you need to do the last change, a big change...this would be the last chance if you guys really want to save this community and to make it way bigger.

Just create an community poll. Lets vote. Its okay if you launch it after 1 year...maybe more (we all know that is work to be done), but you will NOT regret it. The constency of the gameplay is just at another level.

If you do that, you will see the succes, mark my words.
Sed

Character: Sed

Postby Harboe » 28 Nov 2020 08:33

Sed wrote:...

Your suggestion has absolutely nothing to do with Not Aion. If that's what you're looking for, you're very welcome to go elsewhere, because it will never happen here.

I'm not developing Not Aion anymore, this is just a re-launch of existing work.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 28 Nov 2020 18:34

The 5.8 server has now LAUNCHED!

On a technical note, the 5.8 server has replaced the 7.5 server. The 7.5 server is not completely gone but "hibernating" at this point. Due note that development on the 7.5 server (such as version updates) was already stopped half a year ago.
Harboe
Founder

Postby ghzwael » 29 Nov 2020 03:21

ok im downloading the game again get bored from euroaion grind
ghzwael

Character: upsnif

Return to News