Season 6 Memorial

All Ladder Top 10's are saved here.

Season 6 Memorial

Postby Harboe » 20 Mar 2014 17:07

US Ladder Season 6 Memorial

The US ladder was kept unattended for quite some time. I have finally decided to reset it, however there won't be any rewards for the top 10.

Image

Over and out ;)
User avatar
Harboe
Founder
 
Posts: 8209
Joined: 17 Mar 2011 16:09
Character: Harbkind

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Ablazed » 20 Mar 2014 19:19

Glad I was able to be the odd one out in the plate/cleric top 10.
Image
User avatar
Ablazed
Veteran
 
Posts: 272
Joined: 03 Dec 2012 14:48
Character: Wander

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Keijzor » 22 Mar 2014 03:11

So why wont there be rewards? We waited 7 months for it to be reset, it literally makes no sense that we wouldn't get rewards...
Keijzor
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 Jan 2012 01:30
Character: Mvp

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Seismik » 22 Mar 2014 16:16

Keijzor wrote:So why wont there be rewards? We waited 7 months for it to be reset, it literally makes no sense that we wouldn't get rewards...

this
User avatar
Seismik
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 29 Jan 2013 22:01
Character: Seismik

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Exhausting » 25 Mar 2014 23:20

Keijzor wrote:So why wont there be rewards? We waited 7 months for it to be reset, it literally makes no sense that we wouldn't get rewards...

I agree... 7 months and there isn't even a reward.. nothing at all..
Exhausting
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 26 Jan 2014 05:23

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby zack » 28 Mar 2014 03:17

Wow this thread is dumb. Harb you should at least give people rewards. I mean the people who are ranked at least tried pretty hard for a long time. Regardless though, you really do need to give these people rewards. I worked hard to stay on the leaderboards for a while but then i just kind of lost interest because it wasnt reset for a long time. Now, its the fact that you didnt even give these people rewards is what makes me amazed. Maybe if you reset it more often and gave less of a reward maybe people would pay more attention to it.
Image
zack
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 04 Jan 2013 04:22
Character: Doom

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Ablazed » 28 Mar 2014 04:22

It's not like it says rewards are guaranteed for top 10. No reason for you guys to act entitled to them.
Image
User avatar
Ablazed
Veteran
 
Posts: 272
Joined: 03 Dec 2012 14:48
Character: Wander

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Keijzor » 28 Mar 2014 04:30

Ablazed wrote:It's not like it says rewards are guaranteed for top 10. No reason for you guys to act entitled to them.


Why are we getting punished for his negligence though?
Keijzor
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 Jan 2012 01:30
Character: Mvp

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Ablazed » 28 Mar 2014 06:01

Keijzor wrote:Why are we getting punished for his negligence though?


You're mistaken. It's not that we're being punished, we're not being rewarded.
It states in the guide that this is Harboe's server and we are guests. Prizes like credits and masta favors are simply rewards for putting an effort into doing battlegrounds that he chooses to give out because he feels like it. We can't blame him if he doesn't want to spend his time giving them out. His only reason to do so would be to please us.

As much as I hate siding against other players, blatantly arguing, insulting, and demanding the owner of one of the best aion private servers out there is a silly thing to do...what was it "Don't bite the hand that feeds?"
Image
User avatar
Ablazed
Veteran
 
Posts: 272
Joined: 03 Dec 2012 14:48
Character: Wander

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Keijzor » 28 Mar 2014 07:46

You're mistaken. It's not that we're being punished, we're not being rewarded.
It states in the guide that this is Harboe's server and we are guests. Prizes like credits and masta favors are simply rewards for putting an effort into doing battlegrounds that he chooses to give out because he feels like it. We can't blame him if he doesn't want to spend his time giving them out. His only reason to do so would be to please us.

As much as I hate siding against other players, blatantly arguing, insulting, and demanding the owner of one of the best aion private servers out there is a silly thing to do...what was it "Don't bite the hand that feeds?"


Rewards are HEAVILY implied, considering there have been rewards for every BG ladder for the past 3 years.

There was a 5 month BG ladder for EU that had "extraordinarly spectacular" rewards, and people had less points than in this US ladder. This ladder took 7 MONTHS and literally has no rewards, how does that make any sense at all? Also, how am I insulting him? If anything, he is insulting us. I'm sure i'm not the only one who is a bit salty about this, i'm just one of the few who will say something.
Keijzor
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 17 Jan 2012 01:30
Character: Mvp

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Yes » 28 Mar 2014 09:26

You guys are lucky Harb remembers to pay the bill for the US server given how insignificant it actually is at this point
User avatar
Yes
Pro
 
Posts: 744
Joined: 02 Dec 2012 19:25

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Dei » 28 Mar 2014 09:59

Don't ever compare EU to US kids. Just don't. Rewards do also depend on how many people were competing. And as Yes said, be happy that Harboe left the US server on for the people who want decent ping from the USA even though the community is hardly paying off the Bills so he spends money of his own pocket.
Dei
Ancient
 
Posts: 6108
Joined: 13 Jun 2011 21:06

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Dei » 28 Mar 2014 10:12

Keijzor wrote:If anything, he is insulting us. I'm sure i'm not the only one who is a bit salty about this, i'm just one of the few who will say something.


And one of the few who are definitely greedy weirdos. My last post was also dedicated to you. It is not rocket science to get sky rocket high in Ladders when the server consists of a few players where you mostly either meet always the same bad opponents or when there hardly is more than 2 premades going for BGs. Then it is of course possible to go so high in rating. On EU it was much harder to reach such a rating due to the population. So your argument about those last US ladder ratings is bullshit which makes your whole arguing mostly useless. Harb monitors and knows if the US is actively BGing which was not really the case. Just a few people might have done it now and then but it is not worth rewarding the top 10 as it would just be unfair. Barely anyone competed and the pop is too small for such high generous rewards that you want. You gotta respect Harboes decision and sellte down and stop nagging around. And believe me, nobody wants to make Harboe mad, so stop the "riot".

Thanks.
Dei
Ancient
 
Posts: 6108
Joined: 13 Jun 2011 21:06

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Harboe » 28 Mar 2014 10:19

Just to clear things up before Dei starts a riot:

1) I ended the ladder because of the new BG rating system going into play.
2) I didn't know any of the players on the ladder still played.
3) When I realised some did, I just thought "what the heck? Cba now since I can't use the new reward system retroactively."

Sorry for any confusion caused.
User avatar
Harboe
Founder
 
Posts: 8209
Joined: 17 Mar 2011 16:09
Character: Harbkind

Re: Season 6 Memorial

Postby Skyro » 29 Mar 2014 19:38

I'm just happy it got reset. Now we can restart some competition in the top 10 (considering most of our 10 top didn't play anymore.)

Though, I understand MvP's point of view. Played so long for nothing, but it's not something to be upset about. As stated before, rewards are REWARDS.

Thank you Harb for supporting such a dead community . Much love sir!
Image
Best Bard NA
Skyro
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Jun 2013 21:56
Character: Skyro


Return to Ladder of Fame - US

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest