[Video Contest] Better than before

Curious if there is an event? Check it out!

Re: [Video Contest] Better than before

Postby Pierrealainx » 23 May 2015 05:59

Valyris wrote:Well, thanks for your assessment. I have to admit the chanter is a thing I was thinking about when editing, but its not all the time. Regarding weaving, there are some scenes I actually didn't weave, but that's mostly the case if the enemy is already destined to die or I got to use a opportunity(airbind -> final strike for example). In some scenes I even used Bow to weave. And considering your statement about slideshots, there where like 2 pretty sweet ones in the video, I hadn't had many opportunities to find better scenes since I recorded the entire video in the first 2 days I was playing on Asmodian side. And last but not least I doubt that I would simply die against "experienced players". :D

Alright, firstly I apologize if by any reason I missed any thing, such as the two wonderful slideshots you talk about, I must have been really tired.

And I doubt you would "simple die against experienced players" either, but let's say honnestly that you seem to seriously lack of tactic, gladiator is not about faceroll like even most of the best glads think Sharp Strike > ALL, when there is a loss of so many other opportunities of stigmas such as SWB and draining blow or Magical Defense, I pass about the others, and also not leaving your chanter behind and over-extend from your group for doing solo kills, when a group > individual. (I saw your stigmas and I see you dont use sharp strike, I'm so proud of you my friend.)

Taking glad vs glad for example since it's a duel I did a lot as I was myself playing glad, being able to cover lockdown + tendon and exhaust wave in da face is something I never saw or at least so rarely I can't even remember any one doing it, but maybe times have changed since the past 2 if not 3 months I havent played glad any more serious. (weave bow + shattering wave ((elyos)) + ferocious chop + tendon slide + extend weapon and SWB + lockdown + BOUM) Try it out if someday you are curious of this tactic, assure you it works ;)

Weaving is extremely important as glad, you must also think long-term action and CDs management, let's take a .1v1 for example, if you use everything on first round, we all know a gladiator is clearly weak unbuffed, condamned into waiting for UD/SW/Berserk/aerial etc to come back. Weaving is a huge example of it since it extends your DPS by a lot, and allows you to rarely if not never fall out of damage skills! Aerial lockdown being a pretty long animation, weaving final strike is clearly the best you could think of! Yourself even see DAT DMG made by this skill only! Add a critical weave before it, it could almost DOUBLE the damage of it, without any loss of animation except the time for the weave to start!

In 1v1, glad is a very complicated class and compared to most of players (haters) think, it's a very weak class that is being smashed by any good sorc if you don't play the right way and don't focus on out-smarting your opponent.

Since you only had two days to record this, I understand and will then treat you more gentle, but it doesnt mean that I still think you improved more than some other players like Vectors that I came across in FFA few times and considering her (or his :o) first video, has improved really a lot for me to reconsider voting for you^^

Maybe if you get time to change some scenes and add more interresting ones, with duels against well-known players for their in-game skills, and show how you can pull it off in FFA against geared and skilled players where you show your own individual skills and not mainly BGs or grouped action, I may seriously reconsider, that's a promise!

Until now, good luck and keep on the good work!
+ You Crossed the Line +
Pierrealainx

Character: Azeln

Postby Lavkiv » 23 May 2015 18:36

Turned off last 2 videos posted here. First one right after i'd seen 3 heals in pt >.>
Lavkiv
Officer

Character: Bardkauza

Postby Lavkiv » 27 May 2015 14:59

No more participants :O I'm out cuz of rules q.q Had to read them more carefully :x
Lavkiv
Officer

Character: Bardkauza

Postby HexHaXor » 28 May 2015 20:51

I vote for mists
She clicks her binded "r" for root ffs give her a chance i'm in love every time she uses root.
My pets after theyr prey

Former sexual abuser of the PVP balance
HexHaXor
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Character: HHx

Postby brazhnik » 29 May 2015 14:46

HexHaXor wrote:I vote for mists
She clicks her binded "r" for root ffs give her a chance i'm in love every time she uses root.

Vote for me instead. Im moar bootiful
brazhnik
Officer

Character: Vectors

Postby Mists » 29 May 2015 14:48

HexHaXor wrote:I vote for mists

I can click on you instead of R key, but with hammer ;)
Currently in Overwatch: 3446 peak.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

Postby HexHaXor » 29 May 2015 19:27

Mists wrote:I can click on you instead of R key, but with hammer ;)

beeing noticed by ma bebe the feel is good to bad i can't play aion anywyas xD
My pets after theyr prey

Former sexual abuser of the PVP balance
HexHaXor
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Character: HHx

Postby Mists » 01 Jun 2015 07:04

Accepting applications is now closed! ;)

A voting post will be bit later!
Currently in Overwatch: 3446 peak.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

Postby Yes42 » 16 Jun 2015 23:12

It's finish i know, but

Old video : (EUserver)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/v/dwjjMMM6zz8[/youtube]

New video :
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/v/PPB03GQnAFY[/youtube]

or this one, only on !Aion : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYKPJhHUVs8

I also can make a video where i compared my gameplay before and after !Aion. Tell me if you are interested.
Yes42

Character: Braax

Previous

Return to Events