The Real KOR Style Tournament

Curious if there is an event? Check it out!

The Real KOR Style Tournament

Postby Torial » 21 Apr 2014 02:08

How a real KOR tournament works, and I suggest for it to be done here !

Description :

(Skip "1" If you know KOR Style in general)

1. In a KOR Style Tournament you fight 1v1 until death, once you die the next in line steps in and fights the guy that was fighting you if he was still alive, once of them dies, again the next in line steps in and fights, the fights continue this way until one team's members are all eliminated and that will count as a win to the other team.

2. The fighting order will be decided by roll, each member of the first team will roll once, the one who rolled the highest will fight first , the second highest will fight second... and the least will fight the last one. Then the 2nd team does the same thing and each team marks their opponents fight order to remember it, and they should remember their own fight order their own way.

3. Each battle will consist of 3 rounds, ( Optional : At the beginning of each round rolling is done again ) . Winner is who wins 2 out of 3 rounds, if one team wins 2 consecutive rounds, they'll win without fighting the 3rd one.

4. Each team can consist of 3 ~ 6 members (Depending on what has been decided before the registration for the event, preferably 3 OR 5!!) Only one is allowed from each class ( Gladiator and Templar in one team = ALLOWED - 2 Gladiators in one team = NOT ALLOWED). And members of the team should be from the same race!

5. Tournament will take place either in Sanctum's Arena or Pandemonium's Arena
PRO's of these maps are : -
1. There's a place to kite, but also not forever.
2. Wide open and not full of obstacles.
3. Has on the side a place for spectators to stand (Which is PRETTY awesome if u ask me)

Rules :

1.DP Is NOT ALLOWED.
2.Foreign buffs are NOT ALLOWED.
3.Assassin Skill : Shadow Walk I , is NOT ALLOWED - however, there's no time limit on how much u can hide , or how many times, if u get the chance to do it twice by ANYWAY ( almost not possible ) then u r allowed to do it.
4.Spirit Substitution is NOT ALLOWED - however, Command : bodyguard I is Allowed.
5.Any manastone build is allowed (Reminder ! : High amounts of MR and BLOCK decreases ur healing boost, so pay attention to that. )

Other Stuff:

1. Since the non-fighting teams will be watching waiting for their turn, any attempt to ruin the roll process and confuse the players / gms will result in disqualification of said player's team, the other team will win in default and advance to next stage.

2. Absence of a 1 team member or more will result in disqualification of the whole team , the other team will win in default and advance to next stage.

3. Registration for tournament will be as following :

Team Name :
( Example: The Destroyers )

Team Race :
(Elyos / Asmodian )

Team members' Names & Classes:
1. IGN - Class
2. IGN - Class
3. IGN - Class
4. IGN - Class
5. IGN - Class
6. IGN - Class

Once 8 teams have registered, registration will be closed, and a bracket will be posted a short while later deciding how teams will fight
STREAM : http://www.twitch.tv/torial13
Stream Status : OFFLINE
Torial
Haters gonna hate

Character: Tor

Re: The Real KOR Style Tournament

Postby Ablazed » 21 Apr 2014 06:45

"Real"
Ablazed
Veteran

Character: Wander

Postby Mists » 21 Apr 2014 10:36

4. Each team can consist of 3 ~ 6 members (Depending on what has been decided before the registration for the event, preferably 3 OR 5!!) Only one is allowed from each class ( Gladiator and Templar in one team = ALLOWED

I know what does natural KOR means, but after that i stopped reading.

ranger / gunner / at
Currently in Overwatch: 3446 peak.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

Postby Torial » 21 Apr 2014 11:23

Ablazed wrote:"Real"

Yes that's how it should be done, that's how they do it in korea :P

Mists wrote:
I know what does natural KOR means, but after that i stopped reading.

ranger / gunner / at

I don't see your point, If it wasn't restricted what would change exactly ? 2 gunners and 2 AT's ? or a group full of gunners ?

Please mists.
Torial
Haters gonna hate

Postby Mists » 21 Apr 2014 11:29

imho, it would be better if no same armor type classes restrict rule would be.

and ye. Nothing in rules about AT. So our dear techs can wear mb / mres and simply faceroll even more than before :lol:

well, maybe im just a hater.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

Postby Torial » 21 Apr 2014 11:35

Mists wrote:imho, it would be better if no same armor type classes restrict rule would be.

and ye. Nothing in rules about AT. So our dear techs can wear mb / mres and simply faceroll even more than before :lol:

well, maybe im just a hater.

Maybe :\ and about armor type that would be too much of a restriction imo
Torial
Haters gonna hate

Postby Mists » 21 Apr 2014 11:38

Torial wrote:
Maybe :\ and about armor type that would be too much of a restriction imo

And sir, dont want to offend you in any way, but those rules are maden for retail right? On Not Aion more than 70% have best gear, means some rules have to be changed, otherwise some classes (including all new) will get more opportunities, and also , you may say, that not player depends on class, but class depens on player, still new classes could allow players to win easier.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

Postby Torial » 21 Apr 2014 11:41

Mists wrote:And sir, dont want to offend you in any way, but those rules are maden for retail right? On Not Aion more than 70% have best gear, means some rules have to be changed, otherwise some classes (including all new) will get more opportunities, and also , you may say, that not player depends on class, but class depens on player, still new classes could allow players to win easier.

Suggest changes.

But i'm still not with armor type restriction though.
Torial
Haters gonna hate

Postby Mists » 21 Apr 2014 11:46

for example no defensive manastones (including composites) for new classes.
no Kinetic Bulwark for AT. ATs cant use Kinetic Battery & Trauma Plate trigger at one time / vs one player.

Okay, im hater.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

Postby Demonicsouls » 21 Apr 2014 11:53

I would quite like to try this out one time, however the only issues i see with this style are:

- Class ratio of notaion hasn't that bigger range....the vast amount of the current community play mostly the same class (gladi/temp/sin/sorc/gunner and now at is creeping up) which means this class restriction becomes difficult to handle - however if the registration system is somewhat like a forum post where players create their team and post their details then yes i can see it working.
- Time. Time is probably going to be an issue here if there are 8teams all waiting to compete, unless a strict schedule is put is place, player will either get into something else and forget, or simply get bored of waiting and not want to compete at all.
Perhaps running multiple kors (since both arenas could be used at the same if there are enough gms/ams, even 1 to each arena might work) at the same time could reduce this issue but then again that's down to the players/gms at that point in time.
- The whole team being disqualified for the absence of 1 player seems a tad extreme(not that it is bad or anything- imo i like it) but if someone has an emergency at the last minute and cannot participate then perhaps a ''fill-in' system could be used instead, much like the '+1 to enter', to give those players with less likelihood of getting into the things a chance to get in. Imo this seems like premade kor, and well only certain amounts of players can get in and it'll be the same ones over and over, discouraging new blood.

Other than those i would really like to see this going on. (Apologies for perhaps ill-thought-through statements, if so, i can try to clarify more)
Dear conscience,

This game is full of idiots. Don't degrade yourself to their level.

Regards,
Subconscience
Demonicsouls
Dedicated

Character: Hid

Postby Torial » 21 Apr 2014 12:00

Mists wrote:for example no defensive manastones (including composites) for new classes.
no Kinetic Bulwark for AT. ATs cant use Kinetic Battery & Trauma Plate trigger at one time / vs one player.

Okay, im hater.

It seems so :P The purpose of the rules set are to allow the highest variety possible, and to avoid the possibility of dragging for cd's which is why spirit sub is prohibited along with shadow walk (but at the same time these classes weren't severely harmed since hide and bodyguard are still there ). Any other thing is ok and does not drag the fights and Isn't considered lame at all imo, you can hate on sorcs too mists and not just AT's, it's correct a good AT might not lose 1 fight, but then they become easily vulnerable, however have u ever seen how GOOD sorcs are in kors ? they literally can solo atleast 3 good ppl if they get lucky + don't make a mistake..

So basically the secret to win this is to find the right class setup for ur team, with also taking into consideration the capabilities of your team mates (f.e. glads are usually weak against clerics, but taking a pro glad with u that is PRETTY good vs clerics that he turns the tables for his side when fighting them, that would scratch the possibility to lose if by any chance the glad gets lined up against one, so no it's not really just the classes choices are what determine the winner but also the players' capabilities. )

damn that wall of text...
Torial
Haters gonna hate

Postby Torial » 21 Apr 2014 12:17

Demonicsouls wrote:I would quite like to try this out one time, however the only issues i see with this style are:

- Class ratio of notaion hasn't that bigger range....the vast amount of the current community play mostly the same class (gladi/temp/sin/sorc/gunner and now at is creeping up) which means this class restriction becomes difficult to handle - however if the registration system is somewhat like a forum post where players create their team and post their details then yes i can see it working.
- Time. Time is probably going to be an issue here if there are 8teams all waiting to compete, unless a strict schedule is put is place, player will either get into something else and forget, or simply get bored of waiting and not want to compete at all.
Perhaps running multiple kors (since both arenas could be used at the same if there are enough gms/ams, even 1 to each arena might work) at the same time could reduce this issue but then again that's down to the players/gms at that point in time.
- The whole team being disqualified for the absence of 1 player seems a tad extreme(not that it is bad or anything- imo i like it) but if someone has an emergency at the last minute and cannot participate then perhaps a ''fill-in' system could be used instead, much like the '+1 to enter', to give those players with less likelihood of getting into the things a chance to get in. Imo this seems like premade kor, and well only certain amounts of players can get in and it'll be the same ones over and over, discouraging new blood.

Other than those i would really like to see this going on. (Apologies for perhaps ill-thought-through statements, if so, i can try to clarify more)

Thanks for ur post it's really helpful.

Well im not the one who made up these rules, i've got them from a korean's post and tried to write it in my own words, so yeah about the disqualification part , a fill in can be done if a replacement is found , if not then there's nothing to do.

Time is a BIG issue, i've seen koreans stay for 3~5 long hours just waiting, however we have an advantage on our server which is cd reset. Also ur idea of using the 2 maps while cooperating with another GM was the idea i got to shorten the time, like the 4 teams on the right side of the bracket on a map, and the ones on left on the other map, once 1 team is left on each side all can be done on one map while all are watching, or as u said, schedules, with the event performed in 2 or 3 days.

And yes, this event is made mostly for pros, it's purpose is to provide quality pvp, and not a newbie-friendly event, thats why it's called a tournament and not just an "event".

At last about class ratio, u r right, that's why it's preferable to go for 4 or 5 in a team, 6 would be too much and 3 would be too low.
Torial
Haters gonna hate

Postby Dei » 21 Apr 2014 13:11

Mists wrote:for example no defensive manastones (including composites) for new classes.

Okay, im hater.

Sry, I facepalmed Mrs sub/bg user. :(
You hater.
Dei
Ancient

Postby Mists » 21 Apr 2014 13:17

Dei, do you even lift?
Bard with sub? Id like that, but other ppl won't.

Tori, I cant hate on sorcs, since sorc needs more skill than AT or Gunner. So atleast, I can respect him /her being killed XD
Also also,I really hate on lowered CD of Kinetic Bulwark, free 30s Iron with 5 min cd.

But ye. Aluru & Riu killed Frex & Besh on my last tourney, that was impressive and awesome. Thats why i said, not player depends on class, but class depend on player.

Alsoooo, sadly we cant use Panda / Sanctum arenas. These locations are closed for players.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

Postby Demonicsouls » 21 Apr 2014 13:17

Torial wrote: Thanks for ur post it's really helpful.

You're welcome, glad it was understandable for you, i felt like i was typing a sea of text with no real grammar xD

Torial wrote:And yes, this event is made mostly for pros, it's purpose is to provide quality pvp, and not a newbie-friendly event, thats why it's called a tournament and not just an "event".

True but even so, having the same teams, maybe with a bit of variation of consisting players, the teams as a standard will be relatively the same and so it may become boring. Also maybe gear restriction to at least full eclipse could be put in place so that even if they aren't 'pro' at it were, they still have the potential to enter. Furthermore, it's also going to be highly likely that randoms will try to enter anyway.

Torial wrote:At last about class ratio, u r right, that's why it's preferable to go for 4 or 5 in a team, 6 would be too much and 3 would be too low.

True and agreed in the sense that 3 would be too low if one player can solo the whole team. However i still think 3 can be suitable, especially if it comes down to 8 teams, as it would be less time consuming. But yes most definitely 4 or 5 players to a team.
Dear conscience,

This game is full of idiots. Don't degrade yourself to their level.

Regards,
Subconscience
Demonicsouls
Dedicated

Character: Hid

Next

Return to Events