!Aion Event Suggestion Thread!

Curious if there is an event? Check it out!

Re: !Aion Event Suggestion Thread!

Postby Lavkiv » 15 Mar 2016 00:54

Mists wrote:I suggest 3v3 big ass tournament with hard rules - aka no gaying with temp-cc-cleric waiting for BG.

Pre-registration, fat prizes, love bars tickets.

And separate tourny for 3 new classes :O
Lavkiv
Officer

Character: Bardkauza

Postby Deuce » 15 Mar 2016 01:30

I suggest to play league of legends to have more balanced shit

(you cant make something balanced on Aion exept playing 2v2 3v3 etc with same classes both sides)
Last edited by Deuce on 28 Mar 2016 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
General

Character: Alisa

Postby Mists » 15 Mar 2016 05:15

Lavkiv wrote:And separate tourny for 3 new classes :O

you silly. nowadays almost-unbeatable-premade is sorc-temp-cleric. each round bg, each round SS.
Currently in Overwatch: 3446 peak.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

Postby Virusinfected » 15 Mar 2016 18:52

I feel great that you guys took my troll serious :D It makes me warm around my heart and i feel a bit bad now :/

But now, where so many ppl bring ideas, maybe we will find good stuff together :) Or we just stay with the vodka.
Aion done. All fkin gone....all fkin failed.
Virusinfected

Character: Mady

Postby Chani » 17 Mar 2016 18:06

Calomidas wrote:Also, I have to mention that I really dislike the negative approach you have towards suggestions and I feel like your comments do not serve the purpose of this thread well as you do not attribute anything on your behalf, but rather talk other ideas down instead if neutrally commenting on them and trying to improve them. Furthermore, those kinds of comments may even discourage others from sharing their ideas.

Your feedback was only partially constructive but you seemed to be trying to just find ways to talk the suggestion down because you dislike it. How about you come up with ways to improve it or other, completely different ideas? This is a creative thread after all.

I dearly wish you did not take my criticisms as personal attacks. It seems that my suggestions have been missed in your fevered reading. I will outline them in basic and concise terms. This is in response to your original post idea.
  • How many players should each team have?
    Few players (3-8 per team)
  • How can we make being the special player easy and appealing?
    Additional rewards will work; fairness of using this method is disputable.
  • What happens if one of the special players disconnects or leaves?
    Replace them with a player chosen by the disconnected player's team leader.
  • How do you make placing of the furniture possible for the special player?
    A player enabled command system. Choices would have to be simplified. Experiments would have to be done to determine the distance a jump is possible at. You can ask Harb about that. Here's a rough draft on how it may work. Syntax can be improved.
    @param right & left places the next furniture piece on a jumping puzzle to the right/left a preset distance based on difficulty
    @param forward places the next furniture piece on a jumping puzzle straight ahead a preset distance based on difficulty
    @param difficulty the difficulty based on margin for error to make a jump. I'm not sure how to calculate this yet.
    Example: .furniture remove would remove the last furniture piece placed.(optional, could be punished)
    Example: .furniture add right 3 would add a furniture piece to the right at a difficult distance to make.
  • How can we prevent the special players getting bullied if they are awful at what they do? Reduce importance on them or place them out of sight of the rest of the team.
  • How high should the rewards be? This changes pretty often. When I was GM I would probably only reward 250-500 might maximum. For a well designed, fun event: attending should be reward enough.
  • How high should the bonus rewards for the special player be? Special players should maybe get an additional 100 might.
  • How can the rules be told in a short and easy way that new players immediately understand them? This is tough with the concept currently. Local announcements work best and they can be fine tuned to be more concise as the event is repeated.
Chani

Character: Chani

Postby Virusinfected » 18 Mar 2016 01:02

Thanks for this answer. Is really helpfull and a bit more detailed as just the statement that u puke, if u think of such an event ;)

Here we can work with.
Aion done. All fkin gone....all fkin failed.
Virusinfected

Character: Mady

Postby Aha » 25 May 2016 17:29

This doesnt necessarily have to be considered an event but could as well be made as one, so i'm writing it here rather in the normal suggestion thread..

I was thinking to give players the opportunity to practice puzzles from Jotun Stronghold and Drana Facility. I know that there was such an event long time ago, but since then there is many new players and also many players which now are interested in those pve contents and havent really been before (including me). So I think it would be fair to not only let the old participants of this event have the privilige of having experience in puzzles, but also newcomers. :D
Aha

Character: Nano

Postby Calomidas » 27 May 2016 03:43

Aha wrote:I was thinking to give players the opportunity to practice puzzles from Jotun Stronghold and Drana Facility. I know that there was such an event long time ago, but since then there is many new players and also many players which now are interested in those pve contents and havent really been before (including me). So I think it would be fair to not only let the old participants of this event have the privilige of having experience in puzzles, but also newcomers. :D

Those puzzles are not meant to be easy. :P In my opinion not being able to properly practice them outside of regularly doing the instance is part of the challenge. I might be in the minority here, this is just what I think!
Calomidas
EU Staff

Character: Know

Postby Harboe » 27 May 2016 07:42

And the event he's talking about was something that happened only when Frozen Temple was introduced. That instance doesn't even exist anymore and there hasn't been similar practice sessions since then. And that was like 3 years ago.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Dei » 27 May 2016 13:06

Harboe wrote:that was like 3 years ago.

omg... time flies by...
Dei
Ancient

Postby Moonst » 22 Jun 2016 21:53

Will be any class tournaments before 5.0 ?
Moonst

Character: Moonstone

!AiON - "LAST MAN STANDING"

Postby Obadiah » 03 Sep 2016 15:42

Yo~ Oh, bad here.. also known as G.O.D <God Of Death> Obadia.

*WARNING! This may be straight up crazy!"

It could also be named "EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF". Inspired By Arenas, KOR, Kysis, Free For All and Battle Royale. This would be a new event which combines all of the events so far in Notaion! All participants would only able to engage in one fight at a time. One versus One. Initiation occurs engaging or retaliating, once engaged you would still be able to see the other fights going on you in a certain area or map, just not paticipate. Giving participants freedom to take their time and choose their opponents. This will make the event more strategic and "tricky".

This if applied, could also be made so that its in world PvP. Like marchutant or the invasion. A certain area in the map would be marked and apply the things below. It doesnt have to be in .queue~

How to win

Once the game registers your kill, all of your cooldowns are resetted like in arena or .1v1. Which as in result will make you immediately "Available" to engage or be engaged. Simple~

Fight durations could be set at 3-4 minutes per fight, meaning eternal fights of cleric v cleric dont happen or similar situations with other classes, hide limitation is a given. No infinity hide.

Fights that surpass the time limit could either result in both of the players eliminations or the one who was more aggressive, one who did more dps to live and the other left dead.

Spectate could be available to entertain the players who wish to do so. Notification of eliminations could appear on screen like FFA to better show who kills who.

If you die you are eliminated.
REWARDS

1st Place = THE LAST MAN STANDING.
2nd Place = MOST ELIMINATIONS/KILLS.
3rd Place = 3rd person to die.

In addition to might per each kill achieved during the event, winners could also get pots, scrolls and candies or just raw might.

Rewards explanation-
They should be set that way because of the likehoodness of 2nd person to die SHOULD have most kills "naturally". When it is so, this will inturn balance out the rewards however when it is not. Since this is not always not the case. (like a sin could eliminate 10 sorcerers then die to AT in the final fight etc.) 2nd to die getting NOTHING, this will discourage aim for survival and speed up things. GO HARD OR GO HOME.

Tricky.

-G.O.D
Obadiah

Character: God

Postby Kyryu » 03 Sep 2016 18:20

This is bullshit. Event intended for sorcs Cover->Nuke->Rave->Repeat
Kyryu
Dedicated

Postby Obadiah » 04 Sep 2016 17:09

Kyryu wrote:This is bullshit. Event intended for sorcs Cover->Nuke->Rave->Repeat

Every class gets cd reset not only sorc
Obadiah

Character: God

Postby Lavkiv » 06 Sep 2016 02:08

Obadiah wrote:
Every class gets cd reset not only sorc

But biggest profit get those, who have aoes.
Lavkiv
Officer

Character: Bardkauza

PreviousNext

Return to Events