!Aion Event Suggestion Thread!

Curious if there is an event? Check it out!

Re: !Aion Event Suggestion Thread!

Postby Serenity » 19 Nov 2015 23:18

Virusinfected wrote:I have a small suggestion for an event. I dont know if its possible to do, but maybe it is.

Until i find a better name, i call it

The Sims Event

We need a bit more players than a few.
There are two teams, get two captains with /roll, like the KOR-Event. They are the "Husbands".
Every captain can chose a player from the group to be the "Wife".

- every team has one mansion. At the create mode is a choice of furniture. Every piece of that has a price (Kinah or whatever currency). Only the Wife has to stay here. She wants to create a nice home.
- all players from both teams they are not the Husband or the Wife are the "Mob". They have to meet at an area outside of the two houses.
- the Husbands have now to go to their work: they are hitmans. Now the two Husbands have to go to the area where the "Mob" waits. They have to kill the enemy-mobteam with help from the own team. Every died person have to get respawn after 10 seconds will full TP/MP. If a Husband dies, he have to get port back after 20 seconds. In this 20 seconds the own mobteam is not allowed to attack the other mobteam. They have to hope the best and try to survive however without leaving the Mob-area.
- only for every kill the Husband do, he becomes a "credit" for his team (here u need good diszipline and a bit luck that not another guy of the team do the kill).
- from this credit, the Wife of the team is free to buy furnitures and make their home ezpz fine.
- after time ends (dunno which time is good...maybe 15 minutes sounds good), the team with the most furniture in the mansion wins.

Rules

- the Wife have all the time to stay in the mansion
- the Husband will spawn at start at the Mob-area. He have all the time to stay there. If he dies, he will become respawn after 30 seconds.
- the Mob have all the time to stay at the fight arena too. Its not allowed to leave this area. A player who leave will get a sleep for 30 seconds
- its not allowed to use healskills from Cleric/Chanter/Bard or whatever at the whole event. They all are only allowed to use pots/herb threatment for saving life. (and ye ofc a Suppcler/chant have a few dmg skills too he can spam ^^)
- no fighting for the husband-died team for 20 sec until husband-respawn
- the Wife is not allowed to buy more expensive furnitures without enough credit
- the teams are not allowed to see the mansion from the other team

Win

- the winnerteam becomes 1000 Might and a Mastarious
- the other team becomes 500 Might

What if there is a gay man or lady on the team? What flavor of cancer does this event come in?
Serenity

Postby Virusinfected » 01 Dec 2015 05:34

What if there is a gay man or lady on the team? What flavor of cancer does this event come in?

The opinion of Chani i can accept, if he/she hate smg like this he/she is free to vomiting, i would do the same.

But your answer Serenity...is only useless Trashtalk. I rly fight against me if i answer this shit or not...but cause i m a good lady...

I hope that it only be a maximum troll. If not, you should read this text again. I dont care about the gender, ofc there have no real woman to play the wife part for example. Which place all player have will be with /roll or whatelse, or if gay, shemale and whatever, cares nobody.

But ofc i believe hard in your troll!

But u both guys (or girls) should suggest by yourself some events, before you speak about another suggestion in form like this.

I saw here nothing from you both (or i was blind), and events that other ppl wanted to create are such ordinary, that i rly understand why we never saw these events.
Aion done. All fkin gone....all fkin failed.
Virusinfected

Character: Mady

Postby Chani » 05 Dec 2015 19:17

Virusinfected wrote:
The opinion of Chani i can accept, if he/she hate smg like this he/she is free to vomiting, i would do the same.

But your answer Serenity...is only useless Trashtalk. I rly fight against me if i answer this shit or not...but cause i m a good lady...

I hope that it only be a maximum troll. If not, you should read this text again. I dont care about the gender, ofc there have no real woman to play the wife part for example. Which place all player have will be with /roll or whatelse, or if gay, shemale and whatever, cares nobody.

But ofc i believe hard in your troll!

But u both guys (or girls) should suggest by yourself some events, before you speak about another suggestion in form like this.

I saw here nothing from you both (or i was blind), and events that other ppl wanted to create are such ordinary, that i rly understand why we never saw these events.

Your post wasn't really worth more of a response than the sentence I provided. I'll humor you this time. I am male. I don't have events suggested in this thread because... I made them. Many of which when I hosted them took hours to set up. This especially included painstakingly teleporting around maps to find good arenas. Several unique events I hosted: Race to the finish/Obstacle course event, Infection, 2 player KOR, Reverse KOR, Hide & Seek, and many others.

So let's pick apart the idea so maybe you can learn something.

Virusinfected wrote:I have a small suggestion for an event. I dont know if its possible to do, but maybe it is.

Until i find a better name, i call it

The Sims Event - Copyright infringement

We need a bit more players than a few. - That is not a set amount, do teams have to be even for the mechanics sake? Would too large of groups mess up the spirit of the event? People often hate events that they feel like they have no control over. This is true in larger events and the primary reason people bitch about doom.
There are two teams, get two captains with /roll, like the KOR-Event. They are the "Husbands".
Every captain can chose a player from the group to be the "Wife". - Ok.

- every team has one mansion. At the create mode is a choice of furniture. Every piece of that has a price (Kinah or whatever currency). Only the Wife has to stay here. She wants to create a nice home. - furniture and housing is unlikely to be implemented or worth the time to implement. Seems quite a bit of work for just two players in the event. This is also stereotyping a gender role.
- all players from both teams they are not the Husband or the Wife are the "Mob". They have to meet at an area outside of the two houses. - sure, wish this was more specific. Are they a separate team altogether? It seems not in the following sentence as you say "with help from the own team." So if the Mob is a part of the "husband"'s team, you left out how they are chosen... In the case the Mob is a different team from both husbands, there's no way one player will be able to get a single kill and the event will undoubtedly steamroll into the mob winning.
- the Husbands have now to go to their work: they are hitmans. Now the two Husbands have to go to the area where the "Mob" waits. They have to kill the enemy-mobteam with help from the own team. Every died person have to get respawn after 10 seconds will full TP/MP. If a Husband dies, he have to get port back after 20 seconds. In this 20 seconds the own mobteam is not allowed to attack the other mobteam. - ok so now they're two teams. What's up with this mechanic though? I see no real advantage to it, other than to make the event unbalanced. If you're trying to make the "VIP" or "husband" important, that's not a good way to go about it. Even with buffs, players will be destroyed by multiple people attacking them. - They have to hope the best and try to survive however without leaving the Mob-area.
- only for every kill the Husband do, he becomes a "credit" for his team (here u need good diszipline and a bit luck that not another guy of the team do the kill). - besides your lovely English, this is a strange way to accumulate points and is very difficult. I don't think that discipline or luck should be a method of scoring in an event that is pretty chaotically designed. Besides, who wants to try to not get a kill on a PVP server? -
- from this credit, the Wife of the team is free to buy furnitures and make their home ezpz fine. - at this point i'm thinking: why even have the wife at all? It's an arbitrary and arcane way to do scoring. -
- after time ends (dunno which time is good...maybe 15 minutes sounds good), the team with the most furniture in the mansion wins. - ok -

Rules

- the Wife have all the time to stay in the mansion - that's definitely what people want to do in an event. Sit around and wait for other players to have fun. -
- the Husband will spawn at start at the Mob-area. He have all the time to stay there. If he dies, he will become respawn after 30 seconds. This is inconsistent with the previously mentioned 20 seconds. -
- the Mob have all the time to stay at the fight arena too. Its not allowed to leave this area. A player who leave will get a sleep for 30 seconds - and I assume you meant that they would get ported back into the arena as well... 30 seconds by the way is an incredibly long amount of time to be inactive: there are way better ways to keep players in the arena. -
- its not allowed to use healskills from Cleric/Chanter/Bard or whatever at the whole event. They all are only allowed to use pots/herb threatment for saving life. (and ye ofc a Suppcler/chant have a few dmg skills too he can spam ^^) This will undoubtedly piss people off and makes little to no sense. -
- no fighting for the husband-died team for 20 sec until husband-respawn - Seriously you didn't notice the inconsistency a few lines above? -
- the Wife is not allowed to buy more expensive furnitures without enough credit - ok but this was pretty much implied -
- the teams are not allowed to see the mansion from the other team - why? wouldn't you want to see the other team's score and be motivated to beat them? -

Win

- the winnerteam becomes 1000 Might and a Mastarious - These rewards are egregiously high. They are way too valuable for an event that can be repeated and leaves almost everything to chance. -
- the other team becomes 500 Might - 500 might is pretty high for any event in my experience. -

Really, I could go on. But I want to cook myself lunch.
Chani

Character: Chani

Postby Virusinfected » 09 Dec 2015 11:27

Bro, pls chill, it was only an idea and suggestion. I m rly sorry for your vomiting, but this is the old problem with different taste you maybe know :D

What you wrote to the points, i agree in some of them. But in a few you didnt understand me right (maybe my suck english - i know it :()

And all by all, thanks for your for bother to critic my suggestion point for point and not only with "vomiting", even when it was not worth :D
Virusinfected

Postby Chani » 09 Dec 2015 18:52

Virusinfected wrote:Bro, pls chill, it was only an idea and suggestion. I m rly sorry for your vomiting, but this is the old problem with different taste you maybe know :D

What you wrote to the points, i agree in some of them. But in a few you didnt understand me right (maybe my suck english - i know it :()

And all by all, thanks for your for bother to critic my suggestion point for point and not only with "vomiting", even when it was not worth :D

Thank you for your civilized response. It's very possible I didn't understand what you meant due to translation issues. A lot of my comments were based on anecdotally based objective data. I haven't conducted any statistical tests on event success and feedback. It's not scientifically accurate, so it is entirely possible that your event could be a success.
Chani

Postby Calomidas » 10 Dec 2015 12:50

Well to contribute something to the discussion...

I think the idea of Virusinfected is not bad at all, but it needs a bit more fine-tuning.

It inspired me to think of something a bit similar:

Mostly regular KOR Rules, 2 teams, captains pick regularly, but 1 player per team gets a special role that I get back to later. All players are assigned a fixed number by their captains that defines in which order they are sent. All numbers are known to everyone in the event, so the count of players of each team should not be too big to prevent confusion. After both first players of their respective teams fought eachother and one of them died, number 2 of the team whose first player just died gets sent and so on (this alone also has the potential to be a different style of KOR you could do sometimes).

After dying, everyone goes back to their team and once the last player died, number 1 gets sent again. The fixed order system is needed so that the same player can't be sent over and over again.

And here is the objective:

For every kill, the special player of the team that killed someone (who was chosen either by the GM/AM who organizes the event or by their respective captains), gets a special furniture piece, like a table for example, which they can place (with the normal housing edit mode I suppose? this part needs fine-tuning) in order to create a path similar to the puzzles in the PvE-instances, leading to a platform. Here you need to be creative and decide, whether you want to risk having a harder time jumping but needing less items, or making it easier for yourself, which needs your team to do more kills.

The team, whose special player reaches the platform first gets a reward (like 400 Might), the special player him-/herself also gets a bonus reward (like a Mastarius Favor? + the 400 Might of his team) and the losing team gets a smaller reward (200 Might for example).

In order to make this possible, there are a few questions yet to be solved:

Should the two special players see eachother in order to make it more of a contest, at the risk of a worse one copying the strategy of someone who is more successful?

and a few more general ones:

How many players should each team have?
How can we make being the special player easy and appealing? (It would be awkward if nobody wants to do that, because there is no PvP involved for him/her)
What happens if one of the special players disconnects or leaves?
How do you make placing of the furniture possible for the special player? (Placing things in the air is not even possible with the retail housing system)
How can we prevent the special players getting bullied if they are awful at what they do?
How high should the rewards be?
How high should the bonus rewards for the special player be?
How can the rules be told in a short and easy way that new players immediately understand them?

I kinda like the idea, maybe we can shape this a bit more to make it a viable suggestion!

-Knowledge
Last edited by Calomidas on 13 Dec 2015 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Calomidas
EU Staff

Character: Know

Postby Virusinfected » 11 Dec 2015 07:52

Thank you for your fine-tuning Calo. Now it sounds rly much better!
Virusinfected

Postby Calomidas » 08 Mar 2016 19:52

By the way, I would love if there was more activity in this topic.

I personally am really open to event suggestions and would love to do something that hasn't been done hundreds of times before, so if you have any creative ideas, please share them with us!

I would like to note that many good events suggested here have actually already been done ingame so it is not like you do this for nothing.

When suggesting something, always keep in mind:

- The event should be easy to make/set up if it should be a common thing, events that are harder to set up are fine too but they are less likely to be done commonly and less practical in general, but don't let this hold back your awesome idea!

- The event should be easily explainable and understandable to all participants; if it takes 20 minutes simply to explain all different kinds of rule sets, the event probably is not that great and won't be enjoyable.

- The event should allow a clear structure. What that means is that it should be relatively easy to tell what is going on when looking at what's happening, so events that are all over the place are hard to manage.

If you can think of something that meets these conditions at least I will for sure check it out!

-Know
Calomidas
EU Staff

Postby Chani » 10 Mar 2016 19:26

Calomidas wrote:
And here is the objective:

For every kill, the special player of the team that killed someone (who was chosen either by the GM/AM who organizes the event or by their respective captains), gets a special furniture piece, like a table for example, which they can place (with the normal housing edit mode I suppose? this part needs fine-tuning) in order to create a path similar to the puzzles in the PvE-instances, leading to a platform. Here you need to be creative and decide, whether you want to risk having a harder time jumping but needing less items, or making it easier for yourself, which needs your team to do more kills.

The team, whose special player reaches the platform first gets a reward (like 400 Might), the special player him-/herself also gets a bonus reward (like a Mastarius Favor? + the 400 Might of his team) and the losing team gets a smaller reward (200 Might for example).

Seems like a pretty arbitrary use for the furniture. You may as well use points. How about this:
-Create a obstacle course that is absurdly high in the air, so that if a player fails they will die from fall damage. This would need to be in an area where gliding is disabled. - or - ask Harb to create an object that kills players at a y -axis height, making these furniture pieces into "lives".

In order to make this possible, there are a few questions yet to be solved:

Should the two special players see eachother in order to make it more of a contest, at the risk of a worse one copying the strategy of someone who is more successful? The number of variations is pretty low here. Probably not a big deal.

and a few more general ones:

How many players should each team have? The way you have it designed, I would recommend few players. This will irritate people who want to get into the event and make it less useful. Try making an event that serves more?
How can we make being the special player easy and appealing? (It would be awkward if nobody wants to do that, because there is no PvP involved for him/her) If you can't come up with this, maybe it shouldn't be an attribute in the first place.
What happens if one of the special players disconnects or leaves? Replace them
How do you make placing of the furniture possible for the special player? (Placing things in the air is not even possible with the retail housing system)It's difficult for people with experience doing this. Back in the day I used to create jumping puzzles as a WoW private server owner/host/GM. This is an age old question of tackling a 3D environment with 2D controls. This is why my recommendation is advising against it.
How can we prevent the special players getting bullied if they are awful at what they do? Reduce importance on them
How high should the rewards be? Might fluctuates in importance. This is a standard that a GM can easily decide with enough experience and communication with other staff. Always ask Harboe in doubt
How high should the bonus rewards for the special player be? above
How can the rules be told in a short and easy way that new players immediately understand them? Something you have to deal with as a GM

I kinda like the idea, maybe we can shape this a bit more to make it a viable suggestion!

-Knowledge
Chani

Postby Calomidas » 10 Mar 2016 23:26

Chani wrote:If you can't come up with this, maybe it shouldn't be an attribute in the first place.

Calomidas wrote:I kinda like the idea, maybe we can shape this a bit more to make it a viable suggestion!

Also, I have to mention that I really dislike the negative approach you have towards suggestions and I feel like your comments do not serve the purpose of this thread well as you do not attribute anything on your behalf, but rather talk other ideas down instead if neutrally commenting on them and trying to improve them. Furthermore, those kinds of comments may even discourage others from sharing their ideas.

What I wrote was merely a try to improve the basic idea Virusinfected came up with and to point out what kind of issues need to be overcome in order to qualify the solid base line of it as a possible event.

I think the idea of a kind of growing advantage that is gained by winning against the enemy team is a very interesting idea that can very well be converted to a really good event as long as we can come up with a good shell for it that solves most of the problems you and me talked about while staying simple and interesting.

Your feedback was only partially constructive but you seemed to be trying to just find ways to talk the suggestion down because you dislike it. How about you come up with ways to improve it or other, completely different ideas? This is a creative thread after all.

-Know

By the way, sorry for the off-topic. If anyone wants to respond to the discussion I started please send me a PM and don't follow my bad example and reply here.
Calomidas
EU Staff

Postby Virusinfected » 11 Mar 2016 06:02

Since along time there are the basic events which are more then simple to explain, understand and organize. If its Kor, or BR, or Kysis or Douffa.....all simple stuff. It seems like the people wanna keep going this structure and are not impressible for such events...they need them where gladis with gk reset make the might of doom, or the Kor is more a family date because everyday the same player. (no i dont dislike this events, i try just to explain)

I tried to suggest something what you can really call "event" because its not the "daily shit" (metaphor). Ofc its not perfect in the first step, but thats why this topic here exists - that people can disagree or help with their own mind to create it better. This dismissive sarcasm against people which spend their time to search for new things is really pathetic. Sadly the most of people dont know what it means to give and to take. Only take while give nothing and flame at once ....pure nonsens. But nevermind.

To stay on topic:

If they want it simple and ez, maybe make a "Hate-Kor" instead of a "oldschool-kor"...means just the 3 new classes in a kor.

(Thats my first idea to "simple and ez")
Virusinfected

Postby Mingyu » 13 Mar 2016 17:51

Virusinfected wrote:If they want it simple and ez, maybe make a "Hate-Kor" instead of a "oldschool-kor"...means just the 3 new classes in a kor.

I actually like this idea, just add temps and it's perfect
Mingyu

Character: Yoongi

Postby Deuce » 13 Mar 2016 18:17

I actually like this idea, just add temps and it's perfect

Allow Msup/Mres/Block add godstones armor effects :thugdoge:
Deuce
General

Character: Alisa

Postby Calomidas » 14 Mar 2016 16:24

Deuce wrote:Allow Msup/Mres/Block add godstones armor effects :thugdoge:

Well only allowing so few classes I don't know, but allowing all specs, stigma sets and manastones should work. I don't know if people would like it so much though.^^

But you can definitely play around with the rules of common events, something I have been thinking of which I am going to try soon is keeping the teams in KOR after the first rounds, as well as keeping the captains, but letting the captains decide 3-5 players from the enemy team who they "steal" to their own team. The number of those is equal of course. That way the event is unlikely to be imbalanced in the second round, if it even was in the first one.

Something else I tried was allowing and giving everyone DP in kor, which seemed to only be fun and interesting for the first time, because after that kor, some of those who already saw that were heavily against doing that again. :(

We have seen some 7vs13 KORs before, as well as Oldschool KORs.

Is there anything else that you guys can think of that you could try to make things a bit more interesting? :)
Calomidas
EU Staff

Postby Mists » 14 Mar 2016 16:26

I suggest 3v3 big ass tournament with hard rules - aka no gaying with temp-cc-cleric waiting for BG.

Pre-registration, fat prizes, love bars tickets.
Currently in Overwatch: 3446 peak.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

PreviousNext

Return to Events