Cleric-Summon Noble Energy broken

All fixed bugs will be moved here

Cleric-Summon Noble Energy broken

Postby Lemegeton » 23 Jun 2015 06:32

I am using a Dps Cleric but i noticed that the dps is much lower than i usually see compared to the other classes.
So i started paying attention to the combat chat and i saw this(tested on many mobs):
Noble Energy inflicted 3752 damage on......by using Noble Energy VI
You inflicted 7631 damage on ........ by using Punishin Earth

Now,a single attack of Noble Energy should deal MORE damage than Punishing Earth,as the description says that it does 2738 fire damage while Punishing Earth does 2028. But actually it does like half damage.Punishing Earth is just an example btw,if you test this with any other skill,you see that Noble Energy is so much weaker than it says.
Since Noble Energy is the main source of dps for a Dps Cleric,this makes this class really weaker than it should be.
Lemegeton

Character: Lemegeton

Re: Cleric-Summon Noble Energy broken

Postby Harboe » 23 Jun 2015 09:35

Noble Energy has never dealt damage according to the tooltip and it also has its own complicated formula for damage which means that it's barely affected by Magic Boost whereas Punishing Earth gets a lot stronger the more Magic Boost you have.

Trashed.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Lemegeton » 23 Jun 2015 14:37

Noble Energy DOES get affected by magic boost in every official server of Aion,and it does more damage than Punishig Earth with every single hit.So,the complicated formula you mentioned,is just lacking the magic boost multiplier.Now,just to know,is it a decision of NotAion to keep the Cleric nerfed compared to official servers,or is it just a bug that you are not willing to solve?
Lemegeton

Postby Harboe » 23 Jun 2015 14:46

Magic Boost does affect Noble Energy on Not Aion too -- I never said otherwise.

Could you please provide retail proof (4.8) of your claims? I will happily fix whatever is wrong if something is wrong but you made a bug report without any sort of evidence and that shit gets trashed instantly.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Lemegeton » 23 Jun 2015 17:30

Ok i made 2 screenshots of the Noble Energy damage compared to Punishing Earth,both in official server and Not Aion.
NotAion:
Official server:
To be honest i will say that the official server screenshots is taken from Eu servers,so it's patch 4.75 ;i do not have a lv65 cleric on Na so i couldn't do any screeshot of 4.8. Anyway,there's no mention of Noble Energy damage being retouched in 4.8 patch notes ,so it's sure to say that the damage formula for Summon Noble Energy will not change from 4.75
By the way,i play Aion from 2.0 and NobleEnergy has always been cleric's core dps skill,and its damage x hit has always been greater than Punishing Earth
Lemegeton

Postby Harboe » 23 Jun 2015 17:49

The difference in damage is due to only the bonus Magic Boost (green part) affecting the damage of the servant here on Not Aion.

Can you please confirm that this is wrong by stripping down and using Noble Energy without any (or very little at least) bonus Magic Boost? (on retail, that is)
Harboe
Founder

Postby Lemegeton » 23 Jun 2015 18:32

NotAion:
Official:
I can see that Noble Energy with no magic boost does approximately the same damage in NotAion and official servers.The difference in Punishing Earth damage is due to 4.8 change,since as the patch note says:Punishing Earth- Changed to automatic acquisition. Reduced cooldown time. Increase damage. Skill chain no longer requires Flashbolt.
So,the problem really is how magic boost works on summon noble energy here in NotAion,since it affects its damage very little compared to all other skills.
Lemegeton

Postby Harboe » 23 Jun 2015 18:39

If you are able to equip an item that only gives you base Magic Boost and not bonus Magic boost then we can solve the mystery of exactly how Magic Boost works with Noble Energy :)

And please do the tests on the same monster type because they can have different elemental resistance values.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Lemegeton » 23 Jun 2015 18:51

Can you explain me the difference between base and bonus magic boost?I mean,if bonus magic boost is the green number,it gets green with any weapon i equip,while it stays white at 0 only if i have no weapon at all
Lemegeton

Postby Harboe » 23 Jun 2015 18:52

Can you buy a bad weapon at a merchant perhaps?
Harboe
Founder

Postby Lemegeton » 23 Jun 2015 19:25

I made 2 tries with 100 and 350 mb on the same mob as before:
Seems like base magic boost does not affect Noble energy at all,while it does affect punishing and other skills
Lemegeton

Postby Harboe » 23 Jun 2015 20:31

Great. Now get just a little bit of bonus magic boost (like a few hundred) and do Noble Energy on the same mob.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Lemegeton » 23 Jun 2015 20:47

This is with the weapon that has 350 base magic boost + 209 bonus magic boost = 559 total
Lemegeton

Postby Harboe » 23 Jun 2015 20:54

You are amazing, thank you for your great work.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 23 Jun 2015 20:57

Conclusion: Noble Energy no longer has 335 Knowledge but instead has 100 (or 105, can't really tell) Knowledge and is only affected by bonus (green) Magic Boost. This fix will mean a pretty huge increase in Noble Energy's damage (yay for DPS cleric) and will be effective with next update.
Harboe
Founder

Next

Return to Confirmed and fixed bugs