[email protected]

Introduce yourself if you are a shy new player! Or if you just like internet-mingling.

Re: [email protected]

Postby blackcloud » 26 Sep 2015 19:04

I've decided to go a little extra mile and take a closer look at all the classes (since it is possible with 10 classes) to get a better understanding of the game. My choice with assassin as a main is fairly surely fixed, I had lots of fun with that class when I played it on retail years ago (altough I understand your concerns, as I need to know what/when to evade/resist and what buffs to kite, how to weave, ...).

However since there's 10 classes and Aion only has 8 Slots, I would have to create a second account to have everything covered. Is that allowed here?

2 Assassin specific questions:

- The "Assassination" and "Swift Edge" chains seem to overlap in purpose, but the Assassination chain has a longer cooldown.
Is the latter meant for higher damage on a good CC (it IS a Long chain) or is the former equally good damage-wise? (Not just by numbers, but in practice)
- I think I figured out my Stigma build mostly but I'm a bit torn between Sigil Strike (for 5 runes in 1 chain) and Shadowfall (for improved cc chain once / twice in a fight). Is one in practice a lot better than the other or do both work?

For Reference, rest of build so far is:
T1:
- Shadow Walk (this is not debatable even though ist gimmicky, will probably take it out for Arena stuff though)
- Oath of Accuracy
- Either Shadowfall or Sigil Strike
T2:
- Lightning strike (not sure about this one, "Break Away" Looks also fairly useful and Dash&Slash might also be, but I need some play experience to judge that, might also become the other of the above)
- Sensory boost
T3:
- Scoundrel's bond
VISION:
- Shimmerbomb
"You are what you eat" - Hannibal Lecter
blackcloud

Postby Dei » 26 Sep 2015 22:05

You're free to create as many accounts as you want.

About the rest, I have no clue of Sins here on !A... maybe someone else can answer those questions. :)
Dei
Ancient

Postby Zze » 26 Sep 2015 23:09

Shadow Walk (this is not debatable even though ist gimmicky, will probably take it out for Arena stuff though)

This is a MUST for Open World pvp ,because theres alot of players going in groups and with just hide II you will get spoted and chase down by possible chanter/ranger groups.You can change that stigma for another buff if you dont need it ex. Rechargers /BG . You can take it out if enjoy going in partys alot .

I think I figured out my Stigma build mostly but I'm a bit torn between Sigil Strike (for 5 runes in 1 chain) and Shadowfall (for improved cc chain once / twice in a fight). Is one in practice a lot better than the other or do both work?

Both work fine , you can even manage without sigil.

- The "Assassination"

You can weave 1st and spam the rest , but everything depends on enemy (class & hp ) and your buffs (flurry + scoundrel) . If you have the posibility to weave it vs ex: Cleric/chanter/Templars , do it .

-Oath of Accuracy

MUST

Shadowfall or Sigil Strike

I suggest to keep shadowfall and remove shadowalk if you need other stigma .

For T2:

Alot of Assassins go with Break Away and Senzory Boost , you need Break Away to avoid stuns /aerials /stumbles/Roots and slow also goes very well in synergy Calming Whisper plus it got his CD down to just 2 min instead of 3 in 4.8.

Lightning strike isnt very worth because you can have other better stigmas in his place but its a good stigma for masking silence every 30 sec.
Dash&Slash this stigma is used for bursting , but if it doesn't crit the damage is pretty low-medium, and the 3 min cd is not worth socketing.

For T3:

Scoundrel`s Bond is far the best choice because the buff do alot of damage + leech life , and you also get the Shimmerbomb as vision stigma who is a great skill to have as a Assassin.

Sorry for the wall of text :D
Zze
Dedicated

Character: Assassin

Postby blackcloud » 27 Sep 2015 02:23

Zze wrote:Sorry for the wall of text :D

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the help (all of you ^^).
blackcloud

Postby blackcloud » 07 Oct 2015 23:46

Btw. if there are people out there who wouldn't mind semi-regular sparring with a newbie I would greatly appreciate it. I could probably get a huge mileage out of fights where people can afterwards explain me what i'm doing wrong (or right, but that probably won't happen :P). Maybe tomorrow I will find the Courage to hurl myself into the BGs (I'm always super scared of going into PvP games because I don't wanna drag anyone down).
blackcloud

Postby HexHaXor » 08 Oct 2015 09:11

No need to sorry didn't even read it.
My pets after theyr prey

Former sexual abuser of the PVP balance
HexHaXor
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Character: HHx

Postby blackcloud » 08 Oct 2015 19:46

HexHaXor wrote:No need to sorry didn't even read it.

:?: I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. :?:
blackcloud

Postby LyoIsTooStrong » 09 Oct 2015 08:38

You dont need to understand this guy, just ignore his posts.

Whats your ingame nick?

Sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of my awesomeness.
LyoIsTooStrong
Pro

Character: Englishmeno

Postby blackcloud » 09 Oct 2015 17:47

"Blackcloud", like my forum name.
blackcloud

Postby LyoIsTooStrong » 11 Oct 2015 11:25

Weeell, when will you be ingame?

Sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of my awesomeness.
LyoIsTooStrong
Pro

Character: Englishmeno

Postby blackcloud » 11 Oct 2015 23:13

Sorry about that, I only could check in for a short time yesterday as I had a lot off RL stuff to do this weekend (finishing up a 49 page experiment protocol *buah*, preparing next experiment, making sure my lecture schedule for the coming semester checks out, ...).

EDIT: To actually answer your question, I'll try being in here around 10pm UTC (11pm CET), but I can't give promises as I regularly play LoL and I go with my friends' availability for that.
EDIT2: I forgot that we're still in summer time here, so it's 11pm CEST which is 9pm UTC.
blackcloud

Postby HexHaXor » 12 Oct 2015 09:51

LyoIsTooStrong wrote:You dont need to understand this guy, just ignore his posts.

Whats your ingame nick?

Im your nightmare kid.
My pets after theyr prey

Former sexual abuser of the PVP balance
HexHaXor
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Character: HHx

Postby blackcloud » 19 Oct 2015 22:57

I've got another more specific assassin question.

When I'm trying to use Shadowfall to extend CC I have the impression that the stumble itself is very short. Since the skill seems to be highly valued, what exactly makes it so good?
blackcloud

Postby Zze » 19 Oct 2015 23:28

blackcloud wrote:I've got another more specific assassin question.

When I'm trying to use Shadowfall to extend CC I have the Impression that the stumble itself is very short. Since the skill seems to be highly valued, what exactly makes it so good?

The fact that you cannot use Pain rune over Ambush stun, Ambush stun has priority . So the point of the extended stun lock is Ambush - Rip claw - Shadowfall then extend with pain rune if he didn't used RS . Without shadofall you whould have to either time the pain rune perfectly after ambush stun ended or Binding rune (which its a waste just to bait RS).
Zze
Dedicated

Character: Assassin

Postby blackcloud » 20 Oct 2015 03:19

Zze wrote:The fact that you cannot use Pain rune over Ambush stun, Ambush stun has priority.

How does this effect other CC skills? I found a guide that went a bit into this but I don't completely understand it. According to that source there's 2 Groups of skills:

- Stun
- Other CC

and essentially stuns "overwrite" each other and also other CC. That contradicts your statement so I guess that source is wrong. Could you elaborate on the underlying mechanics a bit?
blackcloud

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions