ranger tp bug

If something's not right, say it here.

ranger tp bug

Postby MyNameIsBigDeuce » 18 Feb 2018 18:44

The Ranger 10m TP (maybe other classes too) have a lil annoying bug, when you use it while facing somewhere it dash where your character face instead of where your CAMERA face.
(it's a bit like in 3.0+ with the Retreating Slash before the fix)

I asked ppl to use a root on me to be more explicite, cuz once you attacked while being rooted you are fucked to dash forward and you dash on your ennemy.

both proofs
MyNameIsBigDeuce

Character: BigDeuce

Re: ranger tp bug

Postby Crusherz » 19 Feb 2018 03:11

If it’s going to be fixed, don’t touch other classes without proofs pls, e g for sorc the camera direction in root never mattered that’s why everyone used location skills to rotate their character (it doesn’t work 100% on retail but that’s not the point) instead of simply rotating their camera.
Btw the retail video looks like a root bug to me, I’d say the ranger doesn’t blink in his camera direction, he just blinks where his character was faced before the root because his character location wasn’t updated or something. I doubt ranger can blink where his camera faces if his character is faced the other direction AND its location is updated. Dash skills and blinks have totally different mechanics in aion.
If it’s needed I can find some retail videos proving exactly that only character direction matters when we talk about blink skills, although I’m not a ranger expert so I don’t know all niceties with ranger’s tp and root.
Crusherz

Character: Crusherz

Postby Etnas » 19 Feb 2018 08:02

I can try with my bard if you need a test for other classes
Etnas

Character: Magilou

Postby MyNameIsBigDeuce » 19 Feb 2018 10:54

Crusherz wrote:If it’s going to be fixed, don’t touch other classes without proofs pls, e g for sorc the camera direction in root never mattered that’s why everyone used location skills to rotate their character (it doesn’t work 100% on retail but that’s not the point) instead of simply rotating their camera.
Btw the retail video looks like a root bug to me, I’d say the ranger doesn’t blink in his camera direction, he just blinks where his character was faced before the root because his character location wasn’t updated or something. I doubt ranger can blink where his camera faces if his character is faced the other direction AND its location is updated. Dash skills and blinks have totally different mechanics in aion.
If it’s needed I can find some retail videos proving exactly that only character direction matters when we talk about blink skills, although I’m not a ranger expert so I don’t know all niceties with ranger’s tp and root.

You are right about this, it dash where your character faced before the root, I just made the test on retail, thanks dood

So yeah, the bug is just related to the root, however its fine.

proof2:
MyNameIsBigDeuce

Postby Harboe » 19 Feb 2018 11:38

So is this a bug compared to retail or not?
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby MyNameIsBigDeuce » 19 Feb 2018 12:45

Harboe wrote:So is this a bug compared to retail or not?

Its bugged when you are rooted, like the first video. You shouldnt leap where you face while you are rooted but leap where you were facing before the root.
MyNameIsBigDeuce

Return to Bug Reports