[Guide] Magical dmg/dps

If you feel like helping out the new ones.

[Guide] Magical dmg/dps

Postby Jwh » 11 Mar 2018 02:50

Little Guide^^

Hello, its Jwh. Many players have been asking me about magical stats, dmg, caps, gear and other things for mage classes, as well as I saw many people crying out on mdps. That’s why I decided to make a guide about mage stats, about how does it work, how to count it and what it depends on.
Hope you find it interesting and it will help u to improve your dps, cuz I believe if people know how does it work – they will be able to improve it. So, lets go.

MAGICAL DPS

Final magical dmg what you see on your screens consists of two parts. 1st – is attacking characteristics of dmg dealer and 2nd – is defensive characteristics of a target. Let's look at all these characteristics, one by one.

STATS
--Atk % pvp / Def % pvp

As higher the number of pvp atk% - the more dmg you deal.
As higher the number of pvp def% - the more dmg you reduce from others attacks.

--Elemental Defence

*As for me its very and very important stat for increasing/reducing mdps. It makes really high effect on final dmg. Every skill inflicts damage with its element – Fire, Wind, Water, Earth.
As higher number of elemental defence you have – the more dmg you reduce when taking skills of each element.
As higher reduce of your elemental defence (like sorc’s or sm’s debuffes) – the more dmg you take of each element skills.

I should say about its CAP. So CAP for elemental defence is -420 to +420.
What doest it mean?
If you have +420 to all elements – that means you reduce dmg of magical skills as much as possible(sure due to this stat). If you have -420 to all elements – that means you take maximum increased dmg of magical skills (sure that maximum means maximum that elemental defence could increase).
Also -420/+420 is -30.7% / +30.7% to increasing/reducing dmg. Other numbers % like for 100/200/300 elemental defence could be counted with proportion (that’s how I prefere to count).

You may ask me – ‘’What if I have 700/900/1kk elemental defence with chants buffes in group?’’.
If you have more as +-420 it counts like – difference btw your elemental defence and elemental reducing skills on you.
For example you have 500 fire elemental defence - sorc use on you flame fusion (-150 to fire defence).
So you will take dmg as you have 350 fire defence, when sorc use on you fire element skills.
Another example you have 700 fire elemental defence – sorc use flame fusion(-150 to fire defence).
So if 700-150=550? You see that you have more as 420 elemental defence, that means you will take dmg with CAP of elemental defence. You will take dmg with as 420 fire defence in this example, even If you have more than need.
It works the same way for increasing and for reducing damage, so I think there’s no need of more examples.

--Magic Boost / Magic Suppression

Both stats make effect on increase/reduce dmg which you deal/take. As much number – the more increase/reduce. It works as difference btw dmg dealer’s mboost and target’s msupp but with one nuance.
ImageImage
CAP of mboost is 3210. So if you have 3210 more mboost as target’s msupp – you will deal max dmg possible.
But how to count how much effect it make on your dmg?
Here’s simple formula (DEALER_MBOOST-TARGET_MSUPP)/(BASIC_KNOWLEDGE*10).
Also this is CAP => (DEALER_MBOOST-TARGET_MSUPP), remember CAP is 3210

Example (numbers could be different depends on situation, this now is best variant for mboost).
You (bard) have 7k mboost, target got 3500 msupp. Bards basic knowledge is 110.
So formula will be like (7000-3500)/(110*10) and 3210/1100=2.91.
Why 3210? Cuz 7k-3.5k=3.5k will be more as need so we count it as CAP – 3210.
What is that number – 2.91? Its modify for your skills which is applied in final formula, you will see how does it work a bit later.

--Movement Modifiers

When you stay same place you have constant dmg. But when you move each way, forward or backward you will have boost of couple stats. You can see + or -. Near stats when I move different ways.
Same place =>>
When you move forward u have +10% more dmg pvp/pve and -5% less defence pvp, reduced stats as on screens
ImageImage
When you move backwards you have -20% dmg but more defensive stats as on screens.
ImageImage
Modify could be counted as (1+move_modify/100).
Example – move forward modify=(1+10%/100)=1.1

--Additional Buffes

Many classes got its additional buffes/passive skills (with a bit hidden stats) which make effect on dmg (as pvp atk% or boost for skills in pvp/pve).
Here’s buffes and passives which make effect on madic dmg inflicted/taken.
Image -- +5%pvp atk (AT)
Image-- +15%pvp defence (AT)
Image-- +50%pvp defence (AT)
Image-- +5%pvp atk (AT)
Image-- +15%pvp atk (Gunner)
Image-- +15%pvp atk and +10% to skills dmg (Gunner)
Image-- +50% pvp defence (Gunner)
Image-- +40% pvp defence when shield is active (Sorc/Bard/SM)
Image-- +15% to skills dmg (Bard)
Image-- +20% pvp defence (Bard)
Image-- +30% pvp defence (Bard)
Image-- +15% to skills dmg (Sorc)
Image-- +10% to skills dmg (SM)
Image-- +10%pvp defence (Templar)
Image-- +10%pvp defence (Templar)
Image-- +20%pvp defence (Gladiator)
Also here’s few passive skills which boost pvp atk % and pvp def %.
Image-- +2% pvp atk
Image-- +2.5% pvp atk
Image-- +2% pvp def

Modify could be counted as (1+-buff/100). Also +-depends on increase/reduce dmg/defence.
Example – dmg modify with bard’s buff is (1+15%/100)=1.15

--PvP Decrease of All Skills

As I tested – I’ve got that pvp decrease of all skills is like 59%. Also you should take into account that many skills like for example sorc’s, bard’s (high dmg skills) got special modifiers in pvp (like x0.8/0.65/0.5 etc), which make effect on final dmg. How to get that modifiers numbers? – Use aion databases.

I should say also about shield buffes.
This buffes ImageImageImageImage reduces final dmg for 50%-80% and every buff doesn’t work with any other buff of this list.
But ImageImage this buffes could. Mean that for example Image + Image will be 0.5x0.5=0.25.
That means that such two shields will reduce dmg up to 75%.

Another magical stats
--Crit Spell, Crit Spell Resist and Spell Fortitude

As much crit spell you got – the more CHANCE u deal critical hit.
Crit spell resist works another way – it reduces your opponents chance to deal crit hit on you.
For example 1000 crit spell will give u each % chance to deal critical hit. If your target got 200 spell resist – you will have %chance to crit on him as you got 800 crit spell. Its simple.

Crit spell for mages got its own modify – x1.5 (1000dmg no crit will be 1500 if critical).
Here’s a little example about dependency of crit spell number and its % chance to crit (tested with ARM).

Another very important stat is (it was aviable on NotAion up to 5.6) – SPELL FORTITUDE.
So now its not aviable to use such stat, but how does it work?
It reduces the power of critical spell modify.
For example 100 spell fortitude make crit modify of your opponent (if its mage class) not x1.5 but x1.35.
Important that it make effect only on critical attacks, remember it.
I have no more info about that stat cuz theres no possibilities to get another number of it and test.

--Magical Accuracy/Magical Resist

As more magical defence of target as your magical accuracy – the more chance for target to resist your skills. For example if target got 4k mres. You have 4k macc. You will have almost 100% chance to use your skills without resists. But if u have 3.9k/3.6k/3.5k/3k and less, same time target got 4k mres – your target will have more and more chance to resist as less your macc.
Heres a little example of dependency btw difference of macc/mres number and its % chance to resist.

--Another usefull info

*Movement modifiers doesn’t work with chargeable skills. Even if u run and then charge skills it will not work with it – dmg will be same as you stay same place – x1.
*Some delayed skills dmg got its own mechanics. For example bards delayed skills ImageImageImage doesn’t depends on ADDITIONAL BUFFES. It depends only on movement modifiers, pvp atk% etc.
*For sorc ImageImage for example dmg counts according to stats of both opponents at the moment when you started to cast this 2 skills, not according to stats when they will be directly activated.
*For DoT skills, special for SM’s. ADDITIONAL BUFFES makes effect only for 1st hit. All the other hits will be as WITHOUT ADDITIONAL BUFFES.
*Special for Clerics – as I know they got artificially boosted dps (Harboe’s balance changes) of couple skills so formulas will probably give wrong results but anyway it works same way as with another magical skills.

--Formulas

Now when you know how to count each characteristics – you are able to count dmg.
My tests and final formulas allow to calculate the damage with a small margin of error.
For final dmg you should multiply many of that stats.
Sooooooo.
FINAL_DMG=SKILL_DMG* (MBOOST-MSUPP/ (BASIC_KNOWLEDGE*10)+1)*((PVP ATK% - PVP DEF%)/100+1)*ELEMENTAL_MODIFY*YOUR_MOVE_MODIFY*TARGET_MOVE_MODIFY*ADDITIONAL_BUFFES*PVP_DECREASE_OF_SKILLS* SPECIAL_SKILLS_MODIFIERS *SHIELDS*CRITICAL_MIDIFY.
Also critical modify – if crit hit. Special skills modifiers/shields when - look --PvP Decrease of All Skills.
For PvE will be almost the same but without PvP stats.

I made a calculator for mdps. So u should just put there all needed info and use it for counting.
http://dropmefiles.com/katyS <== link for download.
Here you can choose from drop lists info according to your class/buffes etc.
Here you can choose from drop lists info according to your targets buffes/modifiers/passive defece skills etc.
This one info you should put yourself according to stats you got.
Result.
Here also you can see pve dmg of skill, you still have to choose stats/modifiers but for example pvp atk% will be as pve atk% (sure if your class got pve buffes or smth like that)
Remember the result will be with a small margin of error. When we tested the formula, we got results close to the truth. The error was up to 1% with max accurate stats. Remember info you put should be max accurate!!!
Anyway I think its good result with so many variables and especially values with a large number of decimal places.
Also its very important to use max accurate info, cuz even 0.1% of any stat could make really big difference as ingame dmg.

As a result of this guide I can confidently say that all NotAion dmg is OK.
Sure that mdps classes could deal huge dmg or something like that, but its question to KOR balance of game according to this patch.
I will be very grateful if someone will improve this guide.
Later when 6.0 this guide will be updated according to the new dmg formulas.
Special thanks for ‘’Sm’’ for much tests.
Made by Jwh.
Hope you enjoy)

Examples of PvE test of skills. Look on PvE dmg in calc.
AT skills, dummies.

1st screens - difference btw calc and truth is 4/6 points (no crit/crit).

2st screens - difference btw calc and truth is 16/25 points (no crit/crit).

Gunner.

Difference btw calc and truth is 12/19 points (no crit/crit).

Bard.

Difference btw calc and truth is 6/11points (no crit/crit).

Difference btw calc and truth is 15/23 points (no crit/crit).

Difference btw calc and truth is 27/40 points (no crit/crit). Here's running (run modify x1.1) bard with wind buff (+15%) and atk speed buff (10% to pve dmg).

Leter I will add examples of PvP tests.
Last edited by Jwh on 11 Mar 2018 17:45, edited 3 times in total.
Jwh

Character: Jwh

Re: [Guide] Magical dmg/dps

Postby Mishat » 11 Mar 2018 05:33

It's an amazing guide and well explained

However, I think the essence pvp attack you mentioned, 1 of the buffs is pve attack

Also, you forgot to mention some skills have + X magical accuracy and also - X magical accuracy, for example root from cleric has - 100 i believe, so having 4k magical accuracy won't make an almost 100% chance to not resist

And about Magic boost cap, I believe its 3.200 here in notaion but it should be 3.400 (or that's what I read in shoutbox) and they're gonna fix it soon (if it's not already implemented)
Mishat
EU Staff

Character: Asuna

Postby Jwh » 11 Mar 2018 05:54

There's 4 passive skills, 10points - 2% pvp def, 15 points - 2% pvp atk, 5 points +2% pve atk/defence.
Also that examples about crit/macc - its not indicators of CAP of such stats but just examples of dependency.
+ Additional macc for skills is just like nice bonus^^
About mboost cap - mdps is constant with common stats. So if u for example remove gear until u got 3k/3.1k/3150 up to 3210 - dmg will grow up. After - it will stay same point.
Jwh

Postby Mishat » 11 Mar 2018 06:34

Jwh wrote:There's 4 passive skills, 10points - 2% pvp def, 15 points - 2% pvp atk, 5 points +2% pve atk/defence.

I'm well aware of those but you said the 5 points of essence also give pvp attack xD

And about the magical accuracy of skills, I thought it would be worth mentioning given the fact you also mentioned some skills with their pvp attack/defense increase
Mishat
EU Staff

Postby Jwh » 11 Mar 2018 06:45

Idk but https://imgur.com/a/lfNs7. 1- +2%pvp def, 2 - +2% pvp atk, 3 - +2% pve def, 4- +2% pve atk. I mean that if u count pve dmg for example with passives and pve skills, in calc u should use it as pvp atk. Just cuz i hadnt make another cell for pve atk %.
Jwh

Postby Mishat » 11 Mar 2018 06:54

Jwh wrote:Idk but https://imgur.com/a/lfNs7. 4- +2% pve atk.

https://imgur.com/a/wvaKm
Mishat
EU Staff

Postby wasilytrash » 11 Mar 2018 06:58

Wo nice Guide dude
fuck off
wasilytrash

Character: wasilly

Postby Jwh » 11 Mar 2018 07:05

Looks like i wrote incorrectly about that, i mean only that 3 passives in list make pvp effect^^
Jwh

Postby puss » 11 Mar 2018 08:41

Best guide ever. This explain almost everything about how game mechanins is working. I appreciate your contribution. Thank you.

Sm.
puss

Character: Sm

Postby Etnas » 11 Mar 2018 08:57

At the moment vs most classes(if they use dps set) the magic boost cap start at 6500, vs cloth classes with almost full knowledge you need 6800. Vs sm, when they use the vision skill buff, you need 7000 mb for the cap. Anyway nice guide for newentry players!

Edit: To expand the guide

For magic boost formula you can use too the Etnas theorem...ok no it's not my theorem XD

Base skill damage + ((Magic Boost/(basic knoweldge/10)/100) * Basic Skill Damage) = Actual Damage

the knowledge of every magic classes:
Cleric- 105, max multiplier damage 3,57x
Sorcerer- 120, max multiplier damage 3,5x
Spiritmaster- 115 , max multiplier damage 3,47x
Songweaver- 110 , max multiplier damage 3,45x
Gunslinger- 100 max multiplier damage 3,7x
Aethertech- 105 max multiplier damage 3,57x

Another formula taken from google (i don't know if it's correct)

SpellDamage(SpellX) = (SpellX’s Base Damage) * (1 + (.000825 * AttackerMagicBoost))

It's very complicated but with 6.0 this will be simplified because the cap will be removed!
Etnas

Character: Magilou

Postby HexHaXor » 11 Mar 2018 15:51

just go full knowledge bard is 123 sleep free cover silence bind on sleep dps sleep again no problemo with full knowledge you will crit even the sleep boys.
My pets after theyr prey

Former sexual abuser of the PVP balance
HexHaXor
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Character: HHx

Postby Harboe » 11 Mar 2018 15:54

Etnas wrote:For magic boost formula you can use too the Etnas theorem...ok no it's not my theorem XD

Base skill damage + ((Magic Boost/(basic knoweldge/10)/100) * Basic Skill Damage) = Actual Damage

the knowledge of every magic classes:
Cleric- 105, max multiplier damage 3,57x
Sorcerer- 120, max multiplier damage 3,5x
Spiritmaster- 115 , max multiplier damage 3,47x
Songweaver- 110 , max multiplier damage 3,45x
Gunslinger- 100 max multiplier damage 3,7x
Aethertech- 105 max multiplier damage 3,57x

Another formula taken from google (i don't know if it's correct)

SpellDamage(SpellX) = (SpellX’s Base Damage) * (1 + (.000825 * AttackerMagicBoost))

It's very complicated but with 6.0 this will be simplified because the cap will be removed!

There's nothing complicated about it. The formula in the guide is already correct, and you're only gonna confuse people with the shit you posted here. Learn some basic math and you'll understand things a lot better.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Etnas » 11 Mar 2018 16:39

compared to the physical attack forumula, it's more complicated. I don't said it's impossible. And the multiplier damage posted by me are correct, taken from the official aion site. And i don't see nothing wrong with my math. Have a nice day
Etnas

Character: Magilou

Postby Harboe » 11 Mar 2018 17:04

Etnas wrote:compared to the physical attack forumula, it's more complicated. I don't said it's impossible. And the multiplier damage posted by me are correct, taken from the official aion site. And i don't see nothing wrong with my math. Have a nice day

Because you don't know math, you can't see that what you posted is actually the exact same as in the fucking guide.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Serenity » 12 Mar 2018 01:15

Jwh wrote:*Movement modifiers doesn’t work with chargeable skills. Even if u run and then charge skills it will not work with it – dmg will be same as you stay same place – x1.

I'm quite certain this is false
Serenity

Next

Return to Guides