Gladiator duels

Got a cool video or screenshot to show off?

Gladiator duels

Postby Alwaysmad » 14 Oct 2017 12:02

Alwaysmad

Character: Alwaysmad

Re: Gladiator duels

Postby Adventuretime » 23 Oct 2017 02:20

best
Adventuretime

Character: Adventuretime

Postby Sunnymuffinz » 23 Oct 2017 06:06

watched a little when you know lockdown is going to be on full duration (ie when buried) throw up slaughter more often then bring def prep back after its down. can do it fluid enough that you arent wasting much of any time for a bit of extra damage during a control phase
The Great Canadian Maplemuffinz
Sunnymuffinz

Character: Unsung

Postby Alwaysmad » 23 Oct 2017 13:44

It depends if i lockdown him and he can follow with daggers its better to keep defense il say, but its all done on feeling
Alwaysmad

Postby Sunnymuffinz » 23 Oct 2017 17:17

Alwaysmad wrote:It depends if i lockdown him and he can follow with daggers its better to keep defense il say, but its all done on feeling

Your ping just seems low enough that I think you could pull it off more consistently, but I totally understand what you mean about it being done on feeling. I don't do it unless I am absolutely sure. You find weaving less important on glad too?
Sunnymuffinz

Postby Satanx » 23 Oct 2017 22:15

I'm new here and have a couple questions, I used to play back in 2.5 as Satanx on Siel.

That said, things done changed. When did people EVER use defense prep? Why would you use it over slaughter?

Are your stigma's also the best vs casters? Magic defense vs dauntless spirit?

Thanks for the help, again I only know old-school and am new to this era of Aion. Advice would be helpful, my character is Satanx USA.
Satanx

Character: Chauvinist

Postby Ecto » 23 Oct 2017 22:35

Def prep is mathematically superior now.

Slaughter - 10% pvp attack and 10% extra green attack
Defense prep - 20% pvp defence
Ecto
EU Staff

Character: Ecto

Postby Satanx » 23 Oct 2017 23:28

You're kidding!? I didn't know! No wonder I've been so damn squishy <.<

Well thanks for that info, I'd still like to know about magical defense vs dauntless spirit...

Likewise it seems as if 1400 crit is mandatory get around strike resist? If y'all could give input in more tips I'd appreciate it...Thanks.
Satanx

Postby Sunnymuffinz » 24 Oct 2017 01:39

I use MagD over dauntless, have never used dauntless. I don't use Ankle Snare. With MD + Wall of Steel both providing MS + an MS set to tank dmg I believe MD is superior overall.

What they said about def/sltr is true. This is why I mentioned using slaughter when you have control.
Sunnymuffinz

Postby Alwaysmad » 24 Oct 2017 02:41

Your ping just seems low enough that I think you could pull it off more consistently, but I totally understand what you mean about it being done on feeling. I don't do it unless I am absolutely sure. You find weaving less important on glad too?[/quote]

I dont think weave is much important for glad, but again it depend on situation,i try to spam evry skill as fast as possible not focus much on weave,but i do sometimes with daggers, like few skills with polearm then fast switch daggers for weave
Alwaysmad

Postby Sunnymuffinz » 24 Oct 2017 17:31

Yeah, I agree. People tend to give me crap for not weaving like I am a Templar or Sin or something. There are very few skills I do weave, usually spike dmg skills. burning through ferocious and weaving maybe 1x or 2x on body combo..
Sunnymuffinz

Postby Satanx » 24 Oct 2017 20:58

Sunnymuffinz wrote:I use MagD over dauntless, have never used dauntless. I don't use Ankle Snare. With MD + Wall of Steel both providing MS + an MS set to tank dmg I believe MD is superior overall.

What they said about def/sltr is true. This is why I mentioned using slaughter when you have control.

Thanks, can you tell me what MS does? This again is a new passive skill to me, but it reduces magical damage but doesn't resist? So you could still get snared? Thanks.
Satanx

Postby Sunnymuffinz » 24 Oct 2017 22:32

For every point of Magic Suppression you have you reduce incoming Magic Boost. It is a 1 - 1 ratio so it is very strong. Magic Defense increases MS.
The idea is to pop MD and or Wall of Steel + an MS set. You can reach 4k or more or something MS so it's pretty effective for eating dmg while your opponent is in a control phase (say you know a bard is going to penguin you or something).

It merely helps you survive so afterwards you can buff up and come out swinging like a mad man and they usually aren't prepared for you to still be a threat afterwards.

MR isn't nearly as useful as this IMO, especially not for a Glad.

Example - Temps are built (or rather were built) to excel in Magic Resist, where as Glads are built to excel in Magic Suppression as a defensive set.
Sunnymuffinz

Postby Reiyuuuu » 25 Oct 2017 07:58

nice duels man
Reiyuuuu

Character: Reiyu

Postby Sunnymuffinz » 25 Oct 2017 21:37

Ya, back to the point. Solid Glad!