!Aion Official Suggestion Thread!

Just discuss stuff in here.

Re: !Aion Official Suggestion Thread!

Postby ADED » 23 Feb 2019 16:44

Harboe wrote:What do you need it for? Mastarius' Favor is cheap.

For a little collection of skins in my inventory, each with unique icon :oops:
And some people was asking for shop invention because of simpleness and easement. It will be very nice to have fashion shop like it is on 6.2 serv - with cheap skins and expensive masta :|
ADED

Postby puss » 24 Feb 2019 00:17

Pin EU server schedule event thread.

There is old NA server shcedule, even if there is no NA server at all.
Fucking boring to search this thing on forum and most people even don't know how to search.
puss

Character: Sm

Postby Wnt » 24 Feb 2019 14:52

Give sins 1m+ like in 4.9 https://youtu.be/14e7CMi7g0o
cuz atm play sin is horrible all the skills are bugy, use fang strike and the guy go away 3m and u need 1m to attack so we are perma Your target is too far away. Is a perma 4.6 add some things wont kill it come on xD already we have some things added why no add the good things too :s just check how many ppl main sin, most of them reroll cuz right now is unplayable xD
Wnt

Character: Wnt

Postby Crusherz » 24 Feb 2019 21:01

guys most ppl reroll from sin cuz too hard to kill with 2 stances give boost pls make it like b4 when i could press 123 on my sin and deal 20k dps killing clothes in 0.3 seci isn't enough please give good things like attacking from 15 m
Crusherz

Character: Crusherz

Postby Kupyd » 25 Feb 2019 08:36

Add Magical Accuracy 16 / Crit. Strike 9 manastones. As Rangers, even if we socket everything with Mag. acc 14/Crit.8 , we don't have enough magical accuracy to pass Sorcerers and Sins ' MR.
Kupyd

Character: Kupyd

Postby wushulegend » 25 Feb 2019 20:10

is there an option to add Bandit Letter in 4.6 for group outlaw fun??? :>
wushulegend

Character: Leewah

Postby Hydro » 25 Feb 2019 21:35

puss wrote:Pin EU server schedule event thread.

There is old NA server shcedule, even if there is no NA server at all.
Fucking boring to search this thing on forum and most people even don't know how to search.

But there is an NA server now! (:
Hydro

Character: Meranda

Postby Burden » 27 Feb 2019 04:06

NA server suggestion: Consider adding PVE elements to Katalam and adding Danaria. Specifically camps and associated quests from retail (I know that's heresy, but please hear me out).

Reason: Even in low population people would have something to do to keep them logged in, giving more opportunity to increase the population... and it's fun even in low population. 4.6 thrived on retail because it nailed combining PVP and PVE:

1) EVERYONE did the quests. Too worthwhile to pass up and easy to accomplish even solo.
2) The camps were spread out enough that strong players couldn't camp and inhibit other players from doing the quests so there was no value to camping and zerging.
3) Because camps were spread out and everyone did the quests it was easy to find solo and small group pvp all the time.

To work perhaps some other slight changes to ensure everyone playing wants to be out in the camps:

1) Shops with exclusive and best food and candies when camps flipped.
2) Perhaps the highest gear tier only available with camp quest currency, just slightly stronger than the shop gear, but enough that everyone will want it.
3) Quests at the camp so simply by seeing the camp flip you know where to find people (rather than them leaving before you get there).
4) Camps soloable by everyone and every class easily so again no reason not to be out doing them.

Camps and quests would be a good replacement for the solo/group pve instances. Even if they were still in game, they could be at certain camps just like EB was.
Even if only 5 people are on, they will have plenty to do and plenty of reason to stay on. Not to mention Katalam/Danaria are simply the best maps and content Aion ever had. If people are having fun in low population and staying logged in, then the population has potential to grow, but it's hard if there's nothing keeping the low population logged in simply because of nothing to do.

I'm stupid about programming and coding, so I have no idea how complex what I'm suggesting is...
Burden

Character: Skim

Postby Ecto » 27 Feb 2019 12:19

Hi Burden,

Before continuing I should say I´m not the voice that dictates the future. That being said I still don´t think these changes are likely to happen. There are several main reasons why:

A considerable amount of effort would need to be put in to achieve what you´ve described
It isn´t something that EU are currently crying out for, therefor any time spent would be for benefit of only a small portion of the overall population
Having exclusive items which must be farmed was one the reasons (one!) that 6.2 was less popular than other patches in my opinion. Having a significant gear grind only opens the gap between new players and veterans in terms of maximum potential. Notaion should be a place where there best players win, not the ones with the most currency or play time.
Ecto
EU Staff

Character: Ecto

Postby Rospet » 27 Feb 2019 19:52

How bout some pets and mounts on the 4.6 server??? Since we cant see enemies behind us on mini map like other future patches an alert pet would be neet to have. And seeing how big the map currently is mounts would be damn useful AF
(Also could we have normal Heal Boost manastones as well as ancient ones?)
Peace Be Uppon Thy
Rospet

Character: Rospet

Postby puss » 27 Feb 2019 21:57

Hydro wrote:
But there is an NA server now! (:

Yes. So why not to pin EU schedule?

Some sort of this:
https://forum.notaion.com/viewtopic.php ... 20#p106520
https://forum.notaion.com/viewtopic.php ... le#p105180
or anything else, doesn't matter. It's not taking that much efforts. ;)
puss

Character: Sm

Postby Burden » 27 Feb 2019 22:12

Ecto wrote:Hi Burden,

Before continuing I should say I´m not the voice that dictates the future. That being said I still don´t think these changes are likely to happen. There are several main reasons why:

A considerable amount of effort would need to be put in to achieve what you´ve described
It isn´t something that EU are currently crying out for, therefor any time spent would be for benefit of only a small portion of the overall population
Having exclusive items which must be farmed was one the reasons (one!) that 6.2 was less popular than other patches in my opinion. Having a significant gear grind only opens the gap between new players and veterans in terms of maximum potential. Notaion should be a place where there best players win, not the ones with the most currency or play time.

Eyy, thanks for actually reading all of that. :D

I agree with everything you mentioned but figured it was worth a shot. I was hoping that implementing things that were already in the retail game would somehow be easier (putting mobs in original places, adding quests, etc), but again I'm stupid about coding so I had no way of really knowing.

The EU population is thriving and there is no need for anything to change so I completely understand it only benefiting the small group. If that group could also grow, it could have been worth it, but again that goes back to the effort involved without a real guarantee (EU could also like the changes even though they do not need them... but again, I do understand the point you are making).

As far as the gear grind, again I agree. I really meant something so slight that you would not be able to clearly see a great difference almost like how nominal the +10 plume is to a given fight, but it's still worth enough to actually go out doing the quest. Especially with food that maybe added 100 extra HP or 10 more attack, not game changing but you now how we love to get every possible point on our stats. Honestly even if it was just to stockpile might I think people would do it. It would have to be tested, but the point would be something to keep people online if there isn't a large population.

TL;DR
I agree with everything you said, but one last question/idea. My original ask may have been a lot of effort but what about simply adding a quest to the camps that give might and adding 20 or so mobs to kill right around camps (for the quest). No more than that. Would that still require an immense amount of effort? Ignoring all the gear, shops, and other quests stuff. Just literally a quest to kill mobs, turn in for might and perhaps GP.
Thanks again for reading and responding in the first. :mrgreen:
Burden

Character: Skim

Postby Ecto » 28 Feb 2019 11:29

Setting them up as camps, that can be conquered etc is purely up to harb, because there´s back-end coding that´s done for stuff like that. A few extra mobs to farm should't be out of the question however, I´ll bring it up in staff chat, no promises.
Ecto
EU Staff

Character: Ecto

Postby sativaaa » 01 Mar 2019 13:23

Hi
is it possible to add the manastones magic boost/crit to the 4.6 shop ?
I like switching to Mboost stuff on my chanter when I trigger blessing of wind
sativaaa

Character: sativaaa

Postby rtx » 03 Mar 2019 19:10

[4.6]
Can we get lvl 60 manastones?
Manastone: Magic Boost +27 / HP +47 [item: 167000697]
Manastone: Magic Boost +27 / Magical Accuracy +7 [item: 167000705]
Manastone: Magical Accuracy +14 / Magic Boost +13 [item: 167000708]
rtx

PreviousNext