!Aion Official Suggestion Thread!

Just discuss stuff in here.

Re: !Aion Official Suggestion Thread!

Postby puss » 24 Jan 2019 19:42

Make Bard fear/sleep resist skill Mvt. 2: Summer be counted as 1 buff when removing with dispel.

Add legendary and ultimate "OFFENSE TYPE ONLY" manastones (Manastone: Physical Attack +21, Manastone: Crit Strike +82, etc.)
puss

Character: Sm

Postby Fremd » 29 Jan 2019 00:08

Will we get seeds back since rangers are a bit overpowered atm ?
Fremd

Postby yukifireee » 29 Jan 2019 11:46

And still clerics win vs rangers
yukifireee

Character: Yukifire

Postby Mishat » 29 Jan 2019 14:34

yukifireee wrote:And still clerics win vs rangers

What's this poor argument of yours lmao, claiming we don't need seeds because a cleric can beat an average ranger? They're overpowered enough, there's no need to keep it this way if there's an item to see hide 1,its for a good reason.

Any good ranger (or even some bad ones can do it, won't point fingers xD) will slideshot silence cover from hide and not even with 1 ms someone can dispel that.

they will use agonising so your potions are dog shit and when you're almost out from silence and have 10% hp, they'll sleep you and wait for their next silence cover that they'll use under a Stun so you can't dispel

Not sure what bad rangers have you fought but regardless your reasoning to "why" it shouldn't be added is pretty poor.

PD: you're welcome rangers, just taught you how to beat any magic class with 100% win ratio, gimme mastas ty
Mishat
EU Staff

Character: Asuna

Postby Ecto » 29 Jan 2019 14:40

I do like the addition of offensive manastones, there's precedent for it too in that we previously limited strike resist, block and MRes builds. Defense has always trumped offense in this game.

As I mentioned already mishat, there are decent arguements you could make for re enabling seed, however, "it's this way on retail" will never have any strength. The decisions here are based on merit and logic, not being a sheep. It's so easy to say that all the healers would never have full pdef, mdef and matck sets in their inventory all with perfectly secondary stats. Should we get rid of that ability here too?
Ecto
EU Staff

Character: Ecto

Postby Mishat » 29 Jan 2019 14:47

Notaion is a server with fully geared players and overpowered dmg in many classes (ranger isn't nearly as OP in retail even with gear)

We also have an optimised custom change for range in melee classes which straight up makes melee way stronger than in retail (target is too far away spam)

We all have the possibility to make sets, not only healers, which makes things interesting for everyone including you as a gladiator.

Yet here we are, ranger being able to use hide and we can't see it, and we can't counter them either. I wanna point out hide on sin is necessary to approach the enemy (because they need to get close) and hide as a ranger is way stronger as its ranged + their current dmg and instant cover.
Mishat
EU Staff

Postby Ecto » 29 Jan 2019 15:03

I'm not actually campaigning for a reduction in set attainability, just using it to back the point that copying retail blindly is not a productive decision making method. That being said, there's no arguement that having lots of sets benefits certain classes much more than others, specifically healers. I also don't take my class into account when debating matters of balance, instead I remain objective.

Despite sorcs shortfallings this patch, and the lack of AT players, magic still dominates the ladder, exceptions being chanter (due to their group viability) and rangers (good for them finally after years of oppression).

I would sooner look at strengthening other classes to level the playing field rather than picking on the one class that stands in my way. Before making the switch to bard you commented that it had unfair advantages compared to cleric. I'm no expert on either so I don't know if that was true or not. What is clear though, is that now you've made the switch there has been no discussion about how bards > clerics, only that rangers > heals. In my book it makes it too personal.

You'd have gotten more traction if arguing something a long the lines of "seed was enabled in a time of need for rangers, that time has definitely passed going by their recent performances. Though I do realise that they are the only physical class who can reliably deal with healers currently. Given that, we should look at re enabling SOD as well as thinking about similar sliding scales of heal boost reduction at high levels of physical and magic defence. It should bring more balance overall and creat more diversity in the ladder rankings too! I want to see ATs, temps, sorcs gunners and sins in the top 20 again!"

Even if it had been put like that in the first place I'd still have my doubts that harb would enact the suggestion, it would at least have been more palatable though.

Ewwww I typed a wall, sorry everyone, am on phone and didn't even realise jaja
Ecto
EU Staff

Character: Ecto

Postby wushulegend » 29 Jan 2019 15:09

since chanter heal got fixed to 6.5 version already, why cant rangers agonizing arrow be changed so its like in 6.5
wushulegend

Character: Leewah

Postby Mishat » 29 Jan 2019 15:12

If I took it personal, I wouldn't have asked for a nerf for sm ranger and bard (my current class btw) but it doesn't matter, I believe it's obvious seed was removed when rangers "were weak" > I didn't agree to removing them because good rangers never complained about this, rather didn't care.
And now rangers are way stronger which leads to having seed back, maybe I thought this was too obvious to even point it out.
Mishat
EU Staff

Postby Crusherz » 29 Jan 2019 15:19

rangers have hide I instead of hide II for a reason
with 6.x some classes already lost their seeing through hide skills, hide lvl 1 isn't supposed to be a super strong skill allowing rangers to use 2 debuffs b4 their enemy can actually do something/letting sins to be safe 3 seconds afk after pressing rs

rangers have all tools in game now: strongest ccs with super low cd, fastest cover ing, best pvp dps ingame, no cd passive stunres boosting attack speed and dps insanely, no cd p attack buff, no cd heal boost effect, super low cd evades with dispel, the leap with movement debuffs removal, another leap with stun + focused shots + insta animation skill (seriously? maybe also add fear to this 1 skill?), no cd dps stunlock combo forcing their enemies to be afk for a whole second, best dp, some random buffs with 0 cd to help their teammates cover everything they wish, new root with aoe effect perfect for killing/stopping sm's pet and also dealing insane damage, move speed buff also giving attack stats for free, every skill is instant, almost nothing chains to the ground while using it etc etc etc

anyone with a decent game knowledge understands that rangers are totally broken, easy to play and OP class now indisputably absolute best tier. with the very poor skill and complaints of most notaion rangers who disliked something in 5.x being a super strong class as well unfair changes like super instant unavoidable sleep trap and removal of seeds found their place here. sadly the really good rangers didn't play here much, they were more like winning a 1v1 tournament and quitting cuz no challenge, ppl forgot about them and start judging balance by duelling average afk rech players thinking it really shows something, but now even those average ones are able to win everything in every kind of pvp content since besides insane class strength they also get such custom unfair help
Crusherz

Character: Crusherz

Postby wushulegend » 29 Jan 2019 15:42

also cuz healing classes got custom nerfs on healboost already >.> so agonizing just makes it more insane :))
wushulegend

Character: Leewah

Postby Mishat » 29 Jan 2019 16:38

Indeed. Clerics and bards have 75% heals and chanter 50%,if agonising decreases healing by 50%,we are technically healing only 25% and 0% in chanters case.
Mishat
EU Staff

Postby Miz » 29 Jan 2019 21:21

This is not like this work ratio , proved you don't know a shit about better get back on your op composition calculation , you have a real talent for that :lol: Myshat
no time for amateur
Miz
Veteran

Postby Mishat » 30 Jan 2019 00:34

With that broken English I can't even make out what you're trying to say, what means work ratio and what part of what I said is wrong?
Mishat
EU Staff

Postby Miz » 30 Jan 2019 03:46

Mishat wrote:With that broken English I can't even make out what you're trying to say, what means work ratio and what part of what I said is wrong?

Here we go , Blame english now , well cannot expect much from someone like you who pretend know shit about game with balance blabla , but can only run around with op classe , Anyways when i talked about ratio , you actually compare HB ratio decrease % with Pure skill + HB ratio in Decreased % healing

18-10-2018: The bonus from Healing Boost is reduced by 50% for Chanter and 25% for Cleric and Bard.

Agonizing Arrow : Shoots an arrow at enemy within 0m and deals 1142 physical damage. Reduces your target's HP recovery effects by 50% for 12s.

Hb nerf % = 1000 hb will give ( x % bonus heal on healing skill + nerf ( 50% for chant and 25% for Clerc and Bard )

As exemple gonna doing a Formula with a 10% hb per 100 HB Ratio on a Splendor Of Recovery with 5000 Healing . ( Don't remember exact ratio , just an exemple )

Without HB nerf : Add 500 HB on a clerc Splendor of Recovery : 5000 + 500hb = 5000 + 50% Bonus = 7500 healing , Now let's apply that 25% nerf

With HB nerf : So 10 - 2.5 = 7.5% healing more each 100 hb with nerf , 7.5% x 5 = 37.5% HB bonus with nerf = 5000 + 37.5% Bonus = 6875 Healing

HP recovery effect by 50% = 5000 healing + HB bonus + nerf = 5000 + 37,5% = 6875 - 50% = 3437.5 , This basically affect Basic Healing Cap and not HB one ;) since it's already counted in .

I hope my english is enough good and maybe now you know anything about game , if our was GM had knowledge about how aion work ( no offense right to freedom of expression i didn't trashed you by saying you have no knowledge about game sadly it's just fact ) Like ECTO and SHIELDER maybe we should have good suggestion from Staff side and less stupid KOR with rule like not allow Daevanion when any clerc can do whole kor because damage are way too low for kill them .

PS : Feel free to test ingame , don't forget Celerity Mantra give 10% heal also ! like 3000 base = 3000 + 300 = 3300 healing so Agonizing arrow count as 40% on chanter ;)

Mishat wrote:Indeed. Clerics and bards have 75% heals and chanter 50%,if agonising decreases healing by 50%,we are technically healing only 25% and 0% in chanters case.
And yeah this is pure bullshit from beginner on game and i cannot consider someone like this as Veteran if you ignore things like this , even worse as healer main
no time for amateur
Miz
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion