!Aion Official Suggestion Thread!

Just discuss stuff in here.

!Aion Official Suggestion Thread!

Postby Step » 25 Jul 2012 10:15

Here it is!! The Official !Aion Suggestion Thread!!Image
This is the place, the place to verbalize your ideas, things you can in-vision for the future of the server!

There are a couple of things that come with this though, as the dev team here is small (Harb ^-^) we can't put every single feature you guys suggest in but rather, we will think about the best and tweak them to something we think would be a nice feature.
Is it viable? Is it worth the time? How would it change the server? You don't have to have the idea completely developed we would just like high quality. You also need to think about how it can be done server side, as we will not change the client.

As I said, nothing is guaranteed, although if there are any stunning ideas out there that no one else has thought of, we would love to hear them, if we end up implementing it, there may even be a small chance for some sort of reward to be arranged. ;)

Also, please discuss GM event suggestions here:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2383

Do not go off-topic, keep the thread CLEAN!! No derogatory comments and discussions of personal issues please, feel free to peacefully discuss ideas but not have arguments. If so posts will be removed and people banned for however long I feel under my jurisdiction.
~Step.
Have a Question for me? | Got a Bug? | Need Support? | Don't know what to do? Need a Guide?
Want to watch the best PvP video's? Go to http://www.pvpallday.com !
. . .
Step
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Re: !Aion Official Suggestion Thread!

Postby Kyryu » 25 Jul 2012 12:26

My idea is quite simple and will change the way FFA works a bit:

When you enter a Team Deathmatch BG you get a killstreak, My idea is implementing a killstreak into the FFA and rewarding players with tolls/AP every milestone 5...10...15 and so on.Same as in Team Death match you lose your killstreak when you die.... the player that got the kill should also get a small reward for stopping your rampage :D. The hard part would be highlighting your Killstreak.... Maybe showing your rank or smt like that to flag out to other ppl that you are on a killstreak.

How will this change FFA? 1st Ranger heroes will stop going faceroll kamikaze for kills and will try to play smart for once. 2nd ppl will be more competitive. Since world PVP is so broken given the mentality of players nowdays, improving the BG and events is way to go.
Kyryu
Dedicated

Postby Minnie » 25 Jul 2012 14:55

I agree improving the BG and events is good, but I don't think improving them specifically for classes with high survivability and self-heals (templar & chanter) is the right way. :)

On other hand.. having serverside support (if it's possible) for "3rd party Unreal Tournament sounds" on killstreaks would be something nice. xDD
Minnie

Character: Renako

Postby Sawary » 25 Jul 2012 23:23

Make group BGs more frequently.

It's the only fun thing to do in this server and sometimes there aren't any group entry BGs for like an hour. >_>
Sawary
Officer

Postby Dei » 25 Jul 2012 23:38

Sawary wrote:sometimes there aren't any group entry BGs for like an hour. >_>

this.
Dei
Ancient

Postby Minnie » 25 Jul 2012 23:53

..but not everyone has a premade group to enter with, isn't it now so that sometimes it is Random-only, and sometimes it is Groups-permitted? o_0 You've to keep an option for those who don't have premade groups, otherwise the arenas become much less populated..
Minnie

Postby Dei » 25 Jul 2012 23:58

I mostly enter without a premade. xD but okaaay.
Dei
Ancient

Postby Kyryu » 26 Jul 2012 11:38

Rangers often get more of a killstreak than me... even tho i got high survivability i got low DPS ( on paper >:) ) And what about cleric? :>
Kyryu
Dedicated

Postby Harboe » 26 Jul 2012 11:51

As to the group BG stuff: Do you want it to be consistently Solo -> Group -> Solo -> Group and so on rather than the randomness? (atm it's just a flip of a coin that decides whether it's solo or group round)

As to the FFA kill streak stuff: We actually talked a lot about this back when FFA map was introduced but since we never really figured out a good way of implementing it (as you say, pointing out WHO's on a kill streak is rather hard considering no names are shown :P).
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Sawary » 26 Jul 2012 14:42

Harboe wrote:As to the group BG stuff: Do you want it to be consistently Solo -> Group -> Solo -> Group and so on rather than the randomness? (atm it's just a flip of a coin that decides whether it's solo or group round)

Well I'd say it's better to have it predictable aka alternating between solo and group so at least it won't happen that ppl login, want to do some bgs w/ friends and all they see is solo entry. Or maybe change the ratio from 50:50 to 60:40 or something along those lines.

Oh and is the BG spawn interval a fixed amount of time or a bit random? 'Cause it feels like it's random. Sometimes after a kill ground BG the next BG pops up like 10sec after the previous one ended and sometimes it takes ages. If it's random i guess setting it to a fixed amount of time like 30sec after the last BG ends would be nice too.
Sawary
Officer

Postby Minnie » 26 Jul 2012 18:24

Having first thought about longer entry-type rotations with set numbers (for example 3x Solo -> 3x Group), I've to agree on that alternating Solo -> Group -> Solo -> Group would be better for those who wish to play only one type. (Both of those options being 'consistent rotations'.) Then it wouldn't be so great loss logging in with friends, and finding a Solo BG, or on opposite logging in alone for random group fun and finding a Group BG only (without further info on "how long will these keep coming", resulting in same "problem" there is now).

On that note, I also think a consistent rotation (be it S->G->S->G or any other) is more convenient for everyone, than the randomness. That way one who logs on for specific type of BGs does not have to guessplay all the time (I can imagine what chaos it makes in a premade group; though same applies to those who like only-Random group entries with no chance of having Random vs. Premade).
Minnie

Postby soot » 27 Jul 2012 20:05

imo with bg's, if you apply with 2 ppl in a group, you should ONLY end up in a 2v2/2v2v2v2, same as solo/trio etc. the one thing that keeps me away from bgs is the fact that whenever i apply solo/duo/trio (i hate full group pvp) i always end up in 6v6v6v6 or ally v ally.

maybe you could add that as a 3rd choice or make it another option when u apply (could solve the whole no group bgs for an hour problem)
soot
Veteran

Character: Soot

Postby Polarbear » 27 Jul 2012 20:10

soot wrote:imo with bg's, if you apply with 2 ppl in a group, you should ONLY end up in a 2v2/2v2v2v2, same as solo/trio etc. the one thing that keeps me away from bgs is the fact that whenever i apply solo/duo/trio (i hate full group pvp) i always end up in 6v6v6v6 or ally v ally.

maybe you could add that as a 3rd choice or make it another option when u apply (could solve the whole no group bgs for an hour problem)

Polarbear
Officer

Character: Polarbearie

Postby Harboe » 27 Jul 2012 20:18

First of all, only solo rounds have alliance BG's.

Secondly, I disagree. The BG system is all about including as many people as possible of those who signed up. That only gets harder with more limitations. And tbh, it's good for you to have to carry every once in a while - it makes you a better player.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby soot » 27 Jul 2012 20:38

but its boring as fuck and unmotivates me to go bgs - so i never do. tho i can see it might be hard for everyone to get a spot with those limitations :o
soot
Veteran

Character: Soot

Next

Return to General Discussion