Early release of 7.0

Check out what's going on.

Early release of 7.0

Postby Harboe » 08 Jul 2019 13:11

Hey guys,


Not Aion is planning to release 7.0 prematurely (before retail) on July 12. This is caused by GameForge delaying the release of 7.0, pushing back their release date from the originally planned July 10 to July 24.

That means you will have to use a custom 7.0 client (non-official) in the time between Not Aion going live with 7.0 and GameForge releasing their official 7.0 client. Please download the custom 7.0 client before we go live with the update to ensure you are able to play once it goes live.


Aion 7.0 custom client download
Download the custom 7.0 client through torrent (30 GB): https://notaion.com/launcher/Not_Aion_7.0.torrent

(you can use a torrent client program such as qBittorrent to download the client)


The custom client has been created from stitching together the current Russian 7.0 Aion client patched with a fan-made English translation pack, credits to Github user Kukami (https://github.com/Kukami). Disclaimer: any translations of tooltips, etc. are fan-made and therefore cannot be trusted to be accurate.

Please download the custom 7.0 client before we go live with the update. You won't be able to play after the update without the custom client!

Once GameForge releases 7.0, you will be able to update your retail Aion client and play with that on Not Aion as well. Both clients are compatible.


Best regards,
Harboe
User avatar
Harboe
Founder
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 Mar 2011 16:09
Character: Harbkind

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Donkeykong » 08 Jul 2019 13:17

Would putting a Japanese/Korean voice pack affect anything?
Donkeykong
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 May 2019 17:36
Character: Wolf

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Harboe » 08 Jul 2019 13:18

Donkeykong wrote:Would putting a Japanese/Korean voice pack affect anything?

You can customize the client with soundpacks yourself all you want, but there's zero support offered for custom modifications from us. And please keep in mind, this client is only meant as a temporary thing until GameForge releases the update on retail.
User avatar
Harboe
Founder
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 Mar 2011 16:09
Character: Harbkind

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby shitfacedface » 08 Jul 2019 13:42

Wow thanks!
Anything you say from now on about not updating earlier than retail after making this post will make no sense, hence any custom private server can update to the latest patch at any time assuming the server holder is skillful enough (I'll assume you are that now after this post).
I've been kinda waiting for 10'th to try out Painter and they held it back like that. We'll see how that blended client works, thanks for making it earlier. Downloading right away.
shitfacedface
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 22 Apr 2019 18:28

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Harboe » 08 Jul 2019 14:03

shitfacedface wrote:Wow thanks!
Anything you say from now on about not updating earlier than retail after making this post will make no sense, hence any custom private server can update to the latest patch at any time assuming the server holder is skillful enough (I'll assume you are that now after this post).
I've been kinda waiting for 10'th to try out Painter and they held it back like that. We'll see how that blended client works, thanks for making it earlier. Downloading right away.

Stop trolling.

When Not Aion updates has never been about whether it was technically possible or not. Staying in sync with the official English version (whether that is EU or NA) maximises our playerbase. It also means we don't have to play with a fan-made translation of the client.

The only reason I'm releasing this update early is because GameForge moved the release date to a time where I won't be home. It's as simple as that.
User avatar
Harboe
Founder
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 Mar 2011 16:09
Character: Harbkind

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Yxcvbnmnbvcxy » 08 Jul 2019 17:59

Will there be a possibility to still have access to the 6.5 server (just like the 4.6 servers) or will there only be a 7.0 server when the update hits notaion?
Yxcvbnmnbvcxy
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Nov 2018 01:19
Character: Infidelity

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Harboe » 08 Jul 2019 18:12

Yxcvbnmnbvcxy wrote:Will there be a possibility to still have access to the 6.5 server (just like the 4.6 servers) or will there only be a 7.0 server when the update hits notaion?

No, it's an update that will take place on both of our Live servers. Remember that we're just releasing the update 12 days earlier than retail. It's not like we're going off on a completely new tangent here.
User avatar
Harboe
Founder
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 Mar 2011 16:09
Character: Harbkind

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Yxcvbnmnbvcxy » 08 Jul 2019 18:26

Harboe wrote:
Yxcvbnmnbvcxy wrote:Will there be a possibility to still have access to the 6.5 server (just like the 4.6 servers) or will there only be a 7.0 server when the update hits notaion?

No, it's an update that will take place on both of our Live servers. Remember that we're just releasing the update 12 days earlier than retail. It's not like we're going off on a completely new tangent here.


Alright, thanks for clarification :)
Yxcvbnmnbvcxy
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 Nov 2018 01:19
Character: Infidelity

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Lovecraft » 10 Jul 2019 17:16

So, I can just use my official russian 7.0 client, right? If the only difference between it and yours is fan eng localization, which is unnecessary for me. Or there is need to rehash with using notaion's torrent?
User avatar
Lovecraft
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jul 2019 17:01
Character: Daniel

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Harboe » 10 Jul 2019 17:23

Lovecraft wrote:So, I can just use my official russian 7.0 client, right? If the only difference between it and yours is fan eng localization, which is unnecessary for me. Or there is need to rehash with using notaion's torrent?

No, you can't use it without doing something, because it will throw an error message at login. You only need to download the ENG folder from the torrent and put it inside your Russian client's L10N folder, though. Then it should work.
User avatar
Harboe
Founder
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 Mar 2011 16:09
Character: Harbkind

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Lovecraft » 10 Jul 2019 17:50

Ty for fast reply, Harboe. My previous experiments with localization had showed me that the main thing is "ENG/ENG.pak" file. Other content of this folder can be replaced, but this small .pak must be there as is. I will try to use this method after update. And another question - is it allowed to change game's login/loading/logout fullscreen pictures, fonts, music e.t.c.? It would not give me any unfair advantage, after all.
User avatar
Lovecraft
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jul 2019 17:01
Character: Daniel

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Harboe » 10 Jul 2019 18:08

Yes, it has always been allowed to do cosmetic changes to your client. We offer no support if you have issues with custom modifications, however.
User avatar
Harboe
Founder
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 Mar 2011 16:09
Character: Harbkind

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Youmu » 11 Jul 2019 21:56

If i use the 7.0 from the torrent at 12th, should i download the gameforge 7.0 at 24th? or can i still playing in notaion with the torrent?
Youmu
 
Posts: 53
Joined: 03 Jun 2019 23:31
Character: Youmu

Re: Early release of 7.0

Postby Harboe » 11 Jul 2019 22:06

I would strongly suggest updating your GameForge client to 7.0 on the 24th and removing the custom 7.0 client at that point. The translations are fan-made, so unofficial, and there could be some minor discrepancies due to version differences.
User avatar
Harboe
Founder
 
Posts: 8206
Joined: 17 Mar 2011 16:09
Character: Harbkind


Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests