6.2 - A New Dawn

Check out what's going on.

6.2 - A New Dawn

Postby Harboe » 19 Sep 2018 17:56

Hello everyone,

Today we have updated to 6.2 as is tradition. Not Aion continues our long streak of keeping up with retail patches on the same day as the patch is released.

First, some practical stuff:
You will have to download a new launcher for Not Aion with 6.2! The x32 and x64 launchers have been updated and can be downloaded here: https://notaion.com/launcher/Not_Aion_Launcher.zip

If you are getting the Error [1024] when launching the client, it means you are using the old launcher for Not Aion which clearly doesn't work anymore. So just get on with it and download the new one from the link above!

Only the GameForge Aion client can be used to play on Not Aion now, so if you have the NCsoft Aion client, you're going to need to install the GameForge Aion client to play. Please follow the instructions here: https://notaion.com/connect

The update brings a plethora of changes to stats, gear, a new level 80 cap, removal of the Essence/Creativity system, and much, much more. I'm not going to list all those changes here as you can read about most of that stuff in the official patch notes.

Open World
We have switched to a new Open World map called Lakrum. The new bases are also on this map. There will only be one way into the Open World PvP area from base, and that's by using the Random Rift that's spawned in your base. That means you won't be able to walk into Open World on foot.

We also have a new Siege fort: Lakrum Fortress. Unlike the old Kaldor Fortress, this one resets to Balaur whenever it goes vulnerable. Use the Siege Rift in base to get to the siege zone.

PvE Challenges
A lot of maps are gone with 6.2 and so are the associated NPC's that existed on those maps. This means that most of the custom PvE challenges on Not Aion broke with the update. We're rigorously trying to bring them back ASAP, but for now, only Drana Facility and Anoha's Challenge are available (with updated rewards!). Jotun Stronghold and Dragon Dance will be returning soon - we just gotta make sure they're not filled with scary invisible monsters that instagib you :D

Secret Library is, unfortunately, completely gone and will not be returning. The map has been removed from the client and no real substitute exists, so we will be retiring this instance even though it is with great sadness.

Some shortcomings
Since GameForge decided to surprise us all with an unexpectedly early release of 6.2 (2 weeks earlier than I had planned for unfortunately), you may find that the patch on Not Aion is a bit rough on the edges. New skill mechanics associated with the Daevanion skills such as shortening skill cooldowns, triggering on special conditions, etc. are pretty much all not working at this stage. I will be focusing on implementing those new skill features as soon as possible. So, please bear with us if there's a few more bugs than the usual high quality you're used to on Not Aion.

Noteworthy mentions
  • ALL existing gear, weapons, armors, accessories, plumes, bracelets, you name it, will become unusable when the patch goes live. No items will be deleted, so you can sleep sound knowing that none your skins will disappear overnight.

• Due to the above, ALL players will receive the Starter Survey again with the new Starter Gear, which will be pretty damn great. You can expect to be highly competitive even in Starter Gear - but obviously it's never gonna be as good as the gear you buy in the item shop.

• All-powerful Enchantment Stones (omega) and Holy Upgrade Serums (TS) serve no purpose in 6.2. They are useless and will not be exchanged. Existing players already have the advantage of being able to save up piles of Might before a patch. You're not going to get any further advantages than that.

• Stigmas will now automatically be +9, which means that 2 additional stigma slots will be unlocked and usable!

• The new Daevanion skills will automatically be available for all characters.

• Might reward from completing a Daily PvP goal has been bumped from 100 to 200 Might, and you will now get bag with a selection of Slot Stones or PvP enchantment stones as a reward.

• Transformations are available and unlocked up to the Green grade for everyone. The transformations above this grade are currently not possible to unlock, but scrolls will be available in the Item Shop and from future rewards.

• And many, many other things that you will have to find out yourself by logging in!

Best regards,
Harboe
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: 6.2 - A New Dawn

Postby Harboe » 19 Sep 2018 19:41

A note about the contributors who helped out with level 80 base stats and more in preparation of the patch.

As soon as the craze has gone down a little bit, I will compile a list of contributors and send you PM's on forum asking for which character you want to receive the reward on (and what the reward is). That'll probably be tomorrow as tonight is still quite hectic.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 19 Sep 2018 21:59

On another note, there's a few issues with stuff like auto attack damage from Assassins, etc. All of this is being looked at and fixed as soon as we find out what's right and wrong.

As for the Slot Stones used to unlock manastone slots in the new gear: they will not be available in shop, but should be regarded as a new item perfectly suited for The Market. It is currently only acquirable from the 2 active PvE challenges, from daily PvP goals and vocoliths, but we will be adding many more ways of obtaining them through both PvP and PvE.

For now, I advice players to use their starter gear which is the best starter gear that has ever existed compared to what's available in shop. And remember, everyone is using that gear right now as Slot Stones are still hard to come by. Over the coming days and weeks, we will be ensuring that the supply of Slot Stones in game and on The Market is reasonable so that people can start upgrading to the new shop gear.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 20 Sep 2018 16:36

I just want to give an official word on the matter of players abusing the bugs with Assassin damage, creating multiple accounts to spam Anoha's Challenge.

Any player who participated in such bug abuse will be punished. Depending on the severity, you will either have your items taken away or be banned (up to permanently for the worst offenders).

EDIT:
Punishments have now been dealt out.

The ones who abused the most (8 players total) have been permabanned on all accounts. Everyone who abused on at least 3 separate accounts has been banned for 1 week.
Harboe
Founder

Postby guiguimasters » 20 Sep 2018 23:33

why when i launch NA i'v a error "this program is unavailable in your country" ?? pls :(
guiguimasters

Character: resdf

Postby mewtwo » 21 Sep 2018 01:47

Harboe wrote:I just want to give an official word on the matter of players abusing the bugs with Assassin damage, creating multiple accounts to spam Anoha's Challenge.

Any player who participated in such bug abuse will be punished. Depending on the severity, you will either have your items taken away or be banned (up to permanently for the worst offenders).

EDIT:
Punishments have now been dealt out.

The ones who abused the most (8 players total) have been permabanned on all accounts. Everyone who abused on at least 3 separate accounts has been banned for 1 week.

I'm sure every of them is very sad now for getting banned on this broken shit with a retarded trash on its head
mewtwo

Character: Cloud

Postby Harboe » 21 Sep 2018 09:25

Meh, fuck it, I've lifted all bans for Anoha abuse.
Harboe
Founder

Postby daviddavv » 21 Sep 2018 16:29

thank you :)
daviddavv

Character: Troskaa

Postby ooze » 21 Sep 2018 16:55

Harboe wrote:Meh, fuck it, I've lifted all bans for Anoha abuse.

you are so cute *kiss*
ooze

Postby Brokenblades » 21 Sep 2018 18:51

thank god I didnt get banned. cause I play sin just to play sin if I wanted to abuse op shit I'd just play chanter or gunner xD
Sensory boost be like
Brokenblades

Character: Feelsgoodman

Postby lemon7 » 22 Sep 2018 04:34

Lel why does every patch from aion nowadays feel like memery.
Original Forum Account Proudly playing on notaion since 2011.
lemon7

Postby dobr1k » 22 Sep 2018 23:00

Hello,

Is there any plan to bring re-identification on items? Buying 100 times weapon for 500 mights to get decent stats isn't really cool. Some Item-shop option would be great.
Thanks in advance for answer
dobr1k

Postby Harboe » 22 Sep 2018 23:11

Uhm, .tune command. And you can write .tune best to get the best random stats on the item.
Harboe
Founder

Postby dobr1k » 22 Sep 2018 23:22

Harboe wrote:Uhm, .tune command. And you can write .tune best to get the best random stats on the item.

I think tune best not work properly. lets say I use it on weapon. and I dint get best Stats as value. Lets say Attack speed. Max is 19% it gives 17%. even if I used the command 10 times nothing changed. Same stats all the time :). Is it as it supose to work?

Thanks in advance
dobr1k

Postby Harboe » 23 Sep 2018 07:20

Yes, it's supposed to work like that because the new random stats system is still not implemented here, so you can't get all the possible stats. You'll have to wait a bit before we're done with it.
Harboe
Founder

Next

Return to News