5.8 + Tiamaranta's Eye

Check out what's going on.

Re: 5.8 + Tiamaranta's Eye

Postby Rizyn » 14 Feb 2018 10:19

Harboe wrote:I'm not sure how long you've been around, but it's customary for us to always disable the MR/Block/SR nerf when a new update is released that significantly affects stats levels. It's a temporary thing that we do in order to observe balance and give us a bit of time to settle on the best updated thresholds for the nerf.

I can assure you, it's going to be enabled again, but this update really shaked things up, and I'd rather take a bit longer to do it right the first time, than rush into some bad numbers that end up doing more bad than good.

If you want to review the motivation behind the DPS Cleric buff, I'm sure you can find something in the relevant update thread (5.6).

Thanks for the reply. While I have already read through that thread, and have some disagreements, I still dislike that clerics dps buff was given a priority over making rangers and sorcs more desirable in BG's. Im sure you can agree to that these two are less desired in BG's than clerics are. Correct me if im wrong but aren't dps clerics still qued for BG's as support class and not a dps class?
Rizyn

Character: Rizyn

Postby Harboe » 14 Feb 2018 10:47

I respectfully disagree with your opinion on Sorcerer. It's a highly potent class in BG's and has been a key component in some of the latest metas. Even Ranger was played at the highest levels of competition before 5.6 where we nerfed Fear Shriek.

The DPS Cleric buff was specifically aimed at bringing back the potency of the old school Cleric in 1v1/Open World. It was not done because we wanted to balance anything (as you pointed out yourself, other classes were potentially better suited for a balancing buff). The sole point was to bring back this "forgotten" sub-class of the Cleric with absolutely zero regard for the rest of the balance situation.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Rizyn » 14 Feb 2018 11:06

Harboe wrote:I respectfully disagree with your opinion on Sorcerer. It's a highly potent class in BG's and has been a key component in some of the latest metas. Even Ranger was played at the highest levels of competition before 5.6 where we nerfed Fear Shriek.

The DPS Cleric buff was specifically aimed at bringing back the potency of the old school Cleric in 1v1/Open World. It was not done because we wanted to balance anything (as you pointed out yourself, other classes were potentially better suited for a balancing buff). The sole point was to bring back this "forgotten" sub-class of the Cleric with absolutely zero regard for the rest of the balance situation.

So if I may ask, what are you exactly trying to evaluate with the healing boost nerf removed? I don't see a need if everyone gained more pvp defense. I could understand if we all gained 10-15% pvp attack and you removed the nerf so that heals could keep up with the added attack. But with more defense, heals will do a better job and removing the nerf doesn't seem to be needed.
Rizyn

Postby Harboe » 14 Feb 2018 11:19

It appears you missed the line in my previous reply about stats levels. The new gear and +10 manastones significantly changes the normal stats levels and also the absolute differences between the defensive stat and counter stat in the "standard" build as well as full counter build.

On top of that, this patch has had a balance impact because the overall PvP defense/attack differential increased by roughly 3 %-points.

Do you understand now what it is that needs to be evaluated?
Harboe
Founder

Postby Rizyn » 14 Feb 2018 12:12

Harboe wrote:It appears you missed the line in my previous reply about stats levels. The new gear and +10 manastones significantly changes the normal stats levels and also the absolute differences between the defensive stat and counter stat in the "standard" build as well as full counter build.

On top of that, this patch has had a balance impact because the overall PvP defense/attack differential increased by roughly 3 %-points.

Do you understand now what it is that needs to be evaluated?

I haven't crunched the numbers out like yourself to know this, which is why I asked. I guess I assumed that though the +10 manastones were added the ratio of defensive/offensive stats will still be about the same. 1/2 is still the same as 4/8 which I just assumed, lets say a +5 accuracy build against a +5 agility build would be no different than a +10 of the same.
Rizyn

Postby MyNameIsBigDeuce » 14 Feb 2018 14:32

Ranger is fun in BG, especially when you apply solo.

jk it's pure shit, the only viable thing is SM/Ranger in 2 teams bg, and a big problem of this it's the SEED that doesn't have its place on the server since 4.0 now.

When you apply as ranger a bg without a sm / cleric premade, I experience myself enough, all the teams apply a 1 over your head, Templars rush you with a seed up and you are focused all long and die everytime a pull is landed on you, because the class is overall the weakest on Not Aion and almost no rangers apply BG anymore so you have many chance to be the only one present.

You want to buff the class without touching any stats ? Remove that fucking seed, please.
MyNameIsBigDeuce

Character: BigDeuce

Postby isaac » 14 Feb 2018 17:30

My think about this patch is that damage is insane, even with full gear enchanted pvp the pvp last 5 sec or less.
All class that are dps pure can kill you in a blink eyes.
Just see how people are playing, if you are a solo player or we are in high night time,
only u will see assasins or rangers.
The damage its outta of control, with a stun lock there's no chance to survive or even run to try to react.
At this moment for me the pvp is, the first who remove's the "remove shock" or get the enemy locked or sleeped or cc, he won (u have to be quickly hitting the remove shock skill)

You cant react with this damage to a ambush.

Sorry for my english. Just my own think
isaac

Character: Isaac

Postby Harboe » 14 Feb 2018 17:37

isaac wrote:snip

Did you play in 5.6, bruh? :D
Harboe
Founder

Postby Jagzer » 14 Feb 2018 17:51

This probably sounds crazy and maybe its not doable or maybe it doesnt belong here but would it be possible for you to get the korean files and host the game here in chicago like you do now with not aion ? plus there is a fan made english patch out so wouldnt it be great ? I mean im willing to pitch in real money to support this project if in any ways it interests you.
Jagzer

Character: missjoa

Postby Harboe » 14 Feb 2018 21:18

Jagzer wrote:This probably sounds crazy and maybe its not doable or maybe it doesnt belong here but would it be possible for you to get the korean files and host the game here in chicago like you do now with not aion ? plus there is a fan made english patch out so wouldnt it be great ? I mean im willing to pitch in real money to support this project if in any ways it interests you.

I'm not sure you understand how things work. Besides, this is not the place to post such matters in. Nor is anywhere on this forum.
Harboe
Founder

Postby ooze » 15 Feb 2018 04:04

Harboe wrote:The DPS Cleric buff was specifically aimed at bringing back the potency of the old school Cleric in 1v1/Open World. It was not done because we wanted to balance anything (as you pointed out yourself, other classes were potentially better suited for a balancing buff). The sole point was to bring back this "forgotten" sub-class of the Cleric with absolutely zero regard for the rest of the balance situation.

Then why don't you give them 50% or 500% of pvp damage? :roll: :shock:
they are hitting like a truck, more like train, since 5.8 till now.
ooze

Postby SPACEadd » 10 Mar 2018 16:14

Hello, recently I have made a new character and I saw that the gear set is pvp and way better than the pre-5.8 starter gear. Can I ask for one little favor, can you add that box with gear to the store, or make like a refresh for that bonus only, that appears in game?
SPACEadd

Character: Ishwara

Postby Harboe » 10 Mar 2018 17:27

If what you're asking is for the new starter gear on older characters, just make a ticket ingame asking for a starter survey reset.
Harboe
Founder

Previous

Return to News