5.6 + Open World + EXTRA

Check out what's going on.

Re: 5.6 + Open World + EXTRA

Postby Lavkiv » 20 Aug 2017 16:50

Spartaque wrote:Lavkiv and his guessing game 3, but here you're closer to truth than before :D
I answered Crusherz in PM when he asked, and i'm waiting for Harboe to answer when he'll have time to fix this.

I'm requesting changing my Officer forum title to GuessMaster. Thank you.
Lavkiv
Officer

Character: Bardkauza

Postby Aluru » 21 Aug 2017 10:24

Hello i am looking for players to play with, as i am new and would like to try the new cleric changes.
Aluru
EU Staff

Character: aluru

Postby elaine » 21 Aug 2017 10:31

Aluru wrote:Hello i am looking for players to play with, as i am new and would like to try the new cleric changes.

oraaaa !
elaine
EU Staff

Character: Whisper

Postby Lavkiv » 22 Aug 2017 00:14

If Aluru is new, then I am a 90 year old grandpa with few grandsons and granddaughters.
Lavkiv
Officer

Character: Bardkauza

Postby MyNameIsBigDeuce » 27 Aug 2017 18:34

Aluru wrote:Hello i am looking for players to play with, as i am new and would like to try the new cleric changes.

Keep auto-attacking when blind/silenced to knd players
MyNameIsBigDeuce

Character: BigDeuce

Postby Rizyn » 03 Sep 2017 11:53

Drill wrote: The pvp atk buff for clerics I think is more to make the cleric players use full dps spec instead of full support or half support specs for pvp solo cleric since nowdays nobody runs call of lightning spec that often ..

It still is an unnecessary change though. Clerics did not need any buffs to be more competitive in BG's. I don't see buffs to sorcs running a full glacial build cause not many sorcs run it now do I? With the added fact not many sorcs run bg's because their strength with sleeps is almost useless in BG's with more than 2 teams fighting, which is a lot of them. Its common knowledge BG's are tough for sorcs but yet no buffs are given to them or at least something that will encourage more of them to run them. Many post in the forums there is talk about clerics seem to be in god mode with their survivability but yet there is a buff given to them?
Rizyn

Character: Rizyn

Postby Harboe » 03 Sep 2017 12:08

If you actually paid attention to the detail, the buffs are strictly aimed at making the DPS Cleric viable again. The buffs do nothing to make Support Cleric any stronger, more invincible or whatever.

By encouraging clerics to run more offensive builds we are countering the stale meta involving super defensive compositions.

But I guess that's too complicated for you to understand.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Rizyn » 03 Sep 2017 12:19

Just because players choose to use a certain build doesn't make a different one not viable. You cant change players decisions on how they play. You even said so yourself in the thread about the zerg location where everyone gathers in the new OW map. Most clerics, if not all, are still going to use their same build regardless of the buff so I guess in the end as I said before it really was an unneeded change.
Rizyn

Character: Rizyn

Postby Harboe » 03 Sep 2017 12:47

To be frank, we have massive influence over the kind of build, the gear and such that players use. It's a simple question of optimality. Very few players are interested in handicapping themselves.

On the other hand, the PvP formats you choose to engage in are not decided by similar terms. Heck, just look at the masses in recharger who are losing might to play there. In this case, players do what they like the most. So the only real way of influencing them is by making formats "better" or "worse" in terms of enjoyability.

Now, I don't think that any Support Cleric changed to DPS Cleric with this balance change because the playstyles are ultimately different. What I do think is that some of the players who used to like DPS Cleric but switched to a different class as it became too weak are now encouraged to try DPS Cleric again. And if they stick with it, it has an impact on the metagame as DPS Clerics bring something different to the table.

And to get back to your very first point: DPS Cleric with retail balance is absolute garbage in comparison to anything you would compare it to. That is the definition of not being viable.
Harboe
Founder

Postby sad » 04 Sep 2017 14:14

It still is an unnecessary change though. Clerics did not need any buffs to be more competitive in BG's. I don't see buffs to sorcs running a full glacial build cause not many sorcs run it now do I? With the added fact not many sorcs run bg's because their strength with sleeps is almost useless in BG's with more than 2 teams fighting, which is a lot of them. Its common knowledge BG's are tough for sorcs but yet no buffs are given to them or at least something that will encourage more of them to run them. Many post in the forums there is talk about clerics seem to be in god mode with their survivability but yet there is a buff given to them?[/quote]
a dps cler in bg is x100 times worse than a sorc.it just doesnt have enough dmg. yes cler's dmg is close to sorc's dmg but unlike sorc it doesnt have any form of cc (sorc has best ccs in game btw.) and heals are useless if there is a supp cleric with it. this makes dps cler worst class for bgs
sad

Character: Sad

Postby Hydro » 04 Sep 2017 17:04

Harboe wrote:What I do think is that some of the players who used to like DPS Cleric but switched to a different class as it became too weak are now encouraged to try DPS Cleric again.

As somebody who has played cleric for a long time, I couldn't agree more with this statement. This boost does indeed give players who liked to play DPS Cleric a chance to do so again.
Hydro

Character: Meranda

Postby HexHaXor » 08 Oct 2017 22:09

Buff chanter are you blind :D
My pets after theyr prey

Former sexual abuser of the PVP balance
HexHaXor
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Character: HHx

Postby HexHaXor » 09 Oct 2017 21:19

Harboe wrote:The DPS Cleric buff is meant to make DPS Cleric viable again by increasing the damage output and lowering the penalty of using Sacrificial Power, which allows the Cleric to play more aggressively.

The question is " Is this aggressive enough "
i want to see chanter do such dmg harbo buff chanter so people can play chanter more aggressive :)))))
My pets after theyr prey

Former sexual abuser of the PVP balance
HexHaXor
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Character: HHx

Postby Harboe » 15 Oct 2017 08:34

Update

Adjusted Open World rift exit locations.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Etnas » 15 Oct 2017 11:45

I usually dont like the changes of the past like cleric boost and other things because I think this was a bit unfair(that is just my thought)..but this change of difficulty, outrange and dredgion are very nice update and appreciated. Nice work! I hope you will add arena of gold in the future like people ask :)
Etnas

Character: Magilou

PreviousNext

Return to News