Not Aion VPN

Check out what's going on.

Re: Not Aion VPN

Postby Harboe » 04 Mar 2016 22:22

Faidroth wrote:To begin with I am returning back in this game due to the vpn adding. Really appreciating it and I hope you get the hype you deserve for the work you do and the time you spend :)

I installed everythig and got no errors, but after I try to launch the game, the launcher freezes. Internet works but the launcher freezes (server online players numbers etc not appearing) and game won't start. What should I try to do first to solve it? I tried to connect only via DE1, maybe try the other proxies?

That's your firewall. You need to add an exception for the Not Aion Launcher in it :)
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Dei » 04 Mar 2016 22:43

@Faidorth or if you have a 64bit system, try to use our 64bit Launcher. :)
Dei
Ancient

Postby Faidroth » 06 Mar 2016 14:45

Thank you very much guys, what actually worked was setting metric to 9000(after I disabled firewall for notaion launcher), and I needed to do that while I haven't troubles with internet browser. Nevermind it worked and it is ok now.

Btw only NL2 server worked well and it didn't lower my ping (which actually is better than what I had here 2 years ago that i played last time) but it stabilized it to 65-80. I believe it is a good number for the connections we are having here in Greece...
Faidroth

Postby Harboe » 06 Mar 2016 14:51

Faidroth wrote:Thank you very much guys, what actually worked was setting metric to 9000(after I disabled firewall for notaion launcher), and I needed to do that while I haven't troubles with internet browser. Nevermind it worked and it is ok now.

Btw only NL2 server worked well and it didn't lower my ping (which actually is better than what I had here 2 years ago that i played last time) but it stabilized it to 65-80. I believe it is a good number for the connections we are having here in Greece...

Alright. Thanks for coming back to us. It's always good with extra knowledge about the different kinds of issues people can have, so we can solve it faster next time it appears!

And I wouldn't expect any better ping from Greece sadly.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Kazuya » 21 Apr 2016 12:10

Hej, harb, wanted to let you know this works very well and I appreciate the time you took to make this. I'll always use it while playing here. Personally for me, from eastern/northren europe, almost always NL connections yield better results than DE connections.
Kazuya

Character: killergodxqt

Postby Harboe » 21 Apr 2016 15:50

Kazuya wrote:Hej, harb, wanted to let you know this works very well and I appreciate the time you took to make this. I'll always use it while playing here. Personally for me, from eastern/northren europe, almost always NL connections yield better results than DE connections.

Well, it wouldn't make much sense to use a proxy server in Germany if you are from Northern Europe as the Not Aion server is in Amsterdam, NL, which has direct fibers to the UK and Denmark. Germany would, in that case, be a detour!
Harboe
Founder

Postby Bruce » 26 Apr 2016 22:35

Bruce

Character: Bruce

Postby Harboe » 26 Apr 2016 23:02

Holy fuck, I don't want what your regular connection is smoking.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Yes » 09 May 2016 16:07

Yes
Pro

Postby Harboe » 09 May 2016 16:12

I have said it again and again; if US players want a proxy server, then they need to actually suggest something. EU players did a lot of work by providing details on which WTFast/BattlePing servers worked well for them, traceroutes of their poor routing to the server, etc. US players? They don't give no fucks.

It's obvious that the US players don't actually care and don't mind paying for a WTFast subscription or whatever. And the few that do care, well, they are BR's and don't understand a word of English so the chance of successfully communicating with them is zero.
Harboe
Founder

Postby dbgudwbs31 » 18 May 2016 06:12

Can this work with NA servers too?
dbgudwbs31

Character: Ginny

Postby Harboe » 18 May 2016 07:10

dbgudwbs31 wrote:Can this work with NA servers too?

That would require VPN servers to be set up there. In order to do that, a substantial number of players should be looking to use the service. And they would have to relay to be which WTFast/BattlePing or other proxy servers work well for them.
Harboe
Founder

Postby dbgudwbs31 » 18 May 2016 08:28

Oh, I see

Well, I have been using WTFast and I found that best servers that work best with !Aion servers is Chicago servers.
dbgudwbs31

Postby Harboe » 18 May 2016 10:34

dbgudwbs31 wrote:Oh, I see

Well, I have been using WTFast and I found that best servers that work best with !Aion servers is Chicago servers.

You should get the IP of the good servers (for example using resource monitor). It's kind of a no brainer that Chicago servers work well.

Anyway, as I also said, it requires a substantial number of players who are actually going to use it if it's to make any sense for me to spend money on. On EU, there's over 100 players using the VPN service on a daily basis.
Harboe
Founder

Postby dbgudwbs31 » 18 May 2016 12:55

Oh, I see.
Then for future purposes I want to send you the IPs of the good servers, should I just directly post them here or do you have a separate email address?

Thank you for all the hard work :D
dbgudwbs31

PreviousNext

Return to News