Not Aion VPN

Check out what's going on.

Not Aion VPN

Postby Harboe » 22 Feb 2016 18:03

Not Aion VPN

Installation and setup instructions

by Harboe

Current server list:

• Frankfurt am Main, Germany (Not Aion DE1)
  • Bochum, Germany (Not Aion DE2)
  • Roubaix, France (Not Aion FR2)
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands (Not Aion NL1)
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands (Not Aion NL2)
You add the servers to your VPN list by double-clicking the file with their name in the downloaded archive.

The latest version of the VPN setup tool + server configurations can be found here: https://notaion.com/launcher/Not_Aion_VPN.zip

A measurement tool is also included (Not Aion VPN Ping Test) which can be used after you've set everything up and added all the servers. This tool will measure your latency to the EU gameserver while connected through each VPN server and compare it to your normal connection. So if you want to see which server is best for you, run this tool. It takes ~1 minute to complete the analysis.

Installation instructions

Make sure to follow each step carefully and precisely!

1) Download SoftEther VPN Client, an open source VPN made by some Japanese peeps.
http://www.softether-download.com/files ... -intel.exe

2) Run installer.

3) Accept UAC prompt.

4) Select the VPN Client.

5) Install it.

6) Run SoftEther VPN Client Manager.

7) Create new Virtual Network Adapter (name it VPN).

8) Download: https://notaion.com/launcher/Not_Aion_VPN.zip

9) Unpack the downloaded zip archive.

10) Double-click Not Aion DE1.

11) Double-click the Not Aion DE1 VPN connection in the window.

12) Now, run Not Aion VPN.exe from the downloaded folder. Accept the UAC prompt and click Setup once its started.
Let it run until it's done (if it gives an error it's probably because you didn't do the previous step).
The VPN connection will disconnect and automatically reconnect after 15 seconds.

13) Test that it's working by pinging Not Aion EU from a command prompt. The command is: ping ls.notaion.com
You can also use the Not Aion VPN Ping Test tool now which will find out which server works best for you.

14) After playing, you can disconnect by right-clicking Not Aion DE1 in the window and selecting Disconnect.

You can also just completely shut down SoftEther VPN if you want to.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: Not Aion VPN

Postby Harboe » 22 Feb 2016 18:48

Troubleshooting

If your internet doesn't work after connecting to the VPN, do the following:

Click the Windows Start Button and type ncpa.cpl followed by hitting Enter.

Now right click the VPN adapter and select Properties.

Select TCP/IPv4 (Internet Protocol Version 4) and click Properties. Click advanced at the bottom of the new window.

Ensure that "Automatic metric" is selected at the bottom (if it's not, tick it), then click OK and OK until all the windows are closed.

Now reconnect the VPN (if you were connected, first disconnect, then connect). Your internet should work again.

Troubleshooting extended

If it still doesn't work, follow the same steps as before, but now untick Automatic metric and type 9000 in the box. Click OK and OK until all the windows are closed and reconnect the VPN.

Unstable ping with VPN

If you are experiencing large ping fluctuations in-game while connected using one of the VPN servers, you can try the following:

Disconnect the VPN, right click your preferred VPN server connection in the SoftEther VPN Client Manager and select Properties. In the bottom right corner, click Advanced Settings. On the right hand side of the window that pops up, tick Disable UDP acceleration. Click OK and OK again to save the settings.

Now reconnect the VPN and test if your ping is stable.

Uninstalling

Before uninstalling SoftEther VPN Client, you should delete the Virtual network adapter that was created. Do this by opening SoftEther VPN Client Manager and selecting the adapter in the list at the bottom. Right click and select "Delete Virtual Network Adapter". Wait till it's gone from the list.

Now you can uninstall with peace at heart :)
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 23 Feb 2016 19:45

Support

If you are having issues setting up the VPN or none of the servers improve your connection, then please write here and we will try to assist you. If you simply have a bad connection or live very far from the main server, then we most likely cannot help you.

If there's sufficient demand, we can get more servers in different locations.

Disclaimer

The Not Aion VPN can only be used for playing on the Not Aion EU server (currently). You cannot use it for any other purposes and it will only allow connections to/from the Not Aion EU server.

Manual setup (if step 12 fails)
Please note that this should only be done if step 12 fails and the VPN setup is not working for you.

Make sure you are connected to the VPN.

Click Start Menu and type in regedit then hit Enter.

Navigate to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces (check that the path matches in the lower left corner of the screen).

Go through the different interfaces with names like {2CD528B6-53F8-423C-BA41-24BD5945770B} until you find the interface which contains a key called DhcpDefaultGateway with the value 192.168.30.1.

Right click in the open space on the right hand side and select New > DWORD-value (32-bit). Name it TcpAckFrequency, hit Enter, then Right-click and select Edit and change the value to 1.

Repeat the procedure, but name the key TCPNoDelay and set the value to 1 again. If these keys already exist, simply change their values to 1.

Now open a Command Prompt as Administrator (Start Menu > type in cmd > right click it and select Run as Administrator).

Type the following command: route add -p 109.201.133.38 192.168.30.1

Hit Enter and it should say OK!

Now you must either restart your computer or disable and re-enable the VPN network adapter. You can do that by going Start Menu > type in ncpa.cpl > hit Enter. Now select the adapter which is called VPN and right click > Disable. Wait for it to gray out and say Deactivated. Right click > Enable.

And that's it.
Harboe
Founder

Postby tiagosmita » 23 Feb 2016 20:39

Hey harb when i try to setup vpn, it say's unable to find vpn adapter ! :<
tiagosmita

Character: misspain

Postby Harboe » 23 Feb 2016 20:42

tiagosmita wrote:Hey harb when i try to setup vpn, it say's unable to find vpn adapter ! :<

Are you connected to the VPN when you click Setup?
Harboe
Founder

Postby tiagosmita » 23 Feb 2016 20:44

Yes, I do !
:s
but nvm, I entered in game ping same ... I disconnected from the program and aion disconnected to so it means was working i guess..
tiagosmita

Character: misspain

Postby Harboe » 23 Feb 2016 20:45

tiagosmita wrote:Yes, I do !
:s
but nvm, I entered in game ping same ... I disconnected from the program and aion disconnected to so it means was working i guess..

Sounds plausible. The reason why it doesn't help is because the proxy servers are in Germany, not a very good location for improving your ping (not going to disclose your country here). I'm trying very hard to look for proxy servers in locations that can benefit Western part of Europe, but it's not easy.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Yenz » 23 Feb 2016 21:30

I never had problems with my Ping, but its still a really nice work Mate. Surly will help some.
Yenz

Character: Ayuki

Postby Harboe » 23 Feb 2016 21:36

Yenz wrote:I never had problems with my Ping, but its still a really nice work Mate. Surly will help some.

Getting a lot of positive feedback, so surely helping a lot :)
Harboe
Founder

Postby Yenz » 23 Feb 2016 21:42

Harboe wrote:Getting a lot of positive feedback, so surely helping a lot :)

Thats great! :)
Yenz

Character: Ayuki

Postby Harboe » 23 Feb 2016 22:36

If you know a good WTFast server, please share it with us. It should be a server that drastically improves your connection to Not Aion.

The best you can do is connect to Not Aion with WTFast running on the good server. Then start the Resource Monitor (Start Menu > resmon.exe /res) and go to the network tab. In active connections (TCP), filter on WTFast and take a screenshot. Post it here and then we will see if we can get a similar server.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Erlichman » 24 Feb 2016 04:05

http://puu.sh/njf3J/9945e53241.jpg

With the VPN (and it correctly works, when clic on disconnect IG it dc me IG) I from France

The FR01 WTFast server is just perfect, never had issue with since 2 years.
http://puu.sh/njfDp/e1fcf2770c.png
http://puu.sh/njfAL/1144362258.jpg
Erlichman

Postby Fireflyer » 24 Feb 2016 07:17

Awesome nice job harb is work more than perfect keep doing that awesome job :D . Is fantastic how i can at last make skills with no delay or lag or kick back from no where i enjoy the game more than before god bless you :)

Good morning :)
:) Time is Like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice,
Because the flow that has passed
Will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of Life :)
Human can live with out technology ! But Technology cant live with out Human ^^
{The wolf path}
Fireflyer

Character: 1

Postby Harboe » 24 Feb 2016 07:57

Erlichman wrote:http://puu.sh/njf3J/9945e53241.jpg

With the VPN (and it correctly works, when clic on disconnect IG it dc me IG) I from France

The FR01 WTFast server is just perfect, never had issue with since 2 years.
http://puu.sh/njfDp/e1fcf2770c.png
http://puu.sh/njfAL/1144362258.jpg

Thanks a lot! Would you mind providing a "counterfactual" - your ping when simply connecting to Not Aion without any aids? It doesn't have to be a screenshot or anything, just like, state the number :)
Harboe
Founder

Postby Erlichman » 24 Feb 2016 08:42

There is my ping with nothing else http://puu.sh/njrYs/ee89582bbd.jpg

And when there is more ppl on (like 200) its around 100ms to 200+ (with wtfast almost never hit 90)

By the way for ppl who have a shitty internet like mine (not bad ping but bad connexion 300kb as max download like moi) I suggest you to use this soft : NetLimiter 4 its free for... idk like 30 days (Ill not teach you how to download a full free version hue) with that soft you can regular every apps on your pc, for example I change the max download in Chrome to 75kbs and then I can watch youtube video in 480p and play w/o any lags, enjoy

http://puu.sh/njskC/e9f3d4d487.png Net Limiter 4
Erlichman

Next

Return to News