Custom balance change: MR/Block

Check out what's going on.

Re: Custom balance change: MR/Block

Postby Miltos » 20 Jul 2016 02:47

Zze wrote:HealsBadMan , no more prayer heal .

8-)
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do 8-)

Fear not, the dark, my friend. And let the feast begin.
Miltos
Veteran

Character: Illuminos

Postby Xion » 20 Jul 2016 04:03

Oneuproad wrote:A suggestion. I understand the nerf for the healers because of unfair setups in BGs in certain scenarios. However cannot this feature be disabled outside of BG? I mean in a situation of 2v5 or something like that, when your friends healing boost is super low due to MR or Block, it is not fair definitely as well. HP is not really viable in these situations as well due to the perma CC and then not being able to lower the incoming DMG significantly due to no MR or block.
Yeah, I had the same thought too, having the nerf in bgs, but not OW. At the least, it would encourage more clerics/chanters to go solo in OW, I know that I (a chanter) run into a lot of 3-man or more plate groups, or a group of casters, that other classes might have a better time handling/escaping (depends on skill level for any class at the end of the day, of course). Would classes that generally excel in 1vx be considered unbalanced, then? Or...temp in general? (Then again I'd probably get an 100% yes for temps, regarding their tanking abilities)
Xion

Postby Kyryu » 22 Jul 2016 08:32

Harboe wrote:While the nerf is definitely aimed at Battlegrounds, I'm of the belief that people would be too confused if such a drastic change only was in effect during BG's. Besides that, if you're outnumbered that heavily, being able to stay alive and keep your friend alive seems to be a clear indicator of imbalance.

Well, me & him had one of my most epic moments in my Aion career where I charged after Club with the Ely 2k DP skill in the middle of like 20 people & managed to score a kill & then get out, I remember the 2 lines of debuffs like it was yesterday. We used to have a small zergbusting squadron before pony's became a thing, I don't think we had HB nerf up at that time.
Kyryu
Dedicated

Postby Harboe » 27 Aug 2016 10:58

Update

From next update, the values will be updated to the followingly due to the impact of higher overall stats with 5.05:

Magic Resist: going above 2700 MR will decrease Healing Boost by 0.6 points for every point of MR above the threshold.

Block: going above 4500 Block will decrease Healing Boost by 0.5 points for every point of Block above the threshold.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Bruce » 28 Aug 2016 18:26

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Bruce

Character: Bruce

Postby Harboe » 12 Feb 2017 12:05

Update

The values have been updated to the following due to the impact of higher overall stats with 5.3:

Magic Resist: going above 2800 MR will decrease Healing Boost by 0.6 points for every point of MR above the threshold.

Block: going above 4800 Block will decrease Healing Boost by 0.5 points for every point of Block above the threshold.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Previous

Return to News