Custom balance change: MR/Block

Check out what's going on.

Custom balance change: MR/Block

Postby Harboe » 27 Jun 2015 10:42

Hello,

A little more than a year ago we issued a custom balance change on Not Aion in order to deal with a core balance issue in Battlegrounds (and elsewhere). You can read about what happened here: https://forum.notaion.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5572

Today, we are doing something very similar by re-introducing the balance change with slight adjustments to the values.

Balance change:
When a Cleric, Chanter or Bard goes above a certain threshold value of Magic Resist or Block, their Healing Boost stat starts to decrease.

Magic Resist: going above 2800 MR will decrease Healing Boost by 0.6 points for every point of MR above the threshold.

Block: going above 4800 Block will decrease Healing Boost by 0.5 points for every point of Block above the threshold.

To anyone who has participated in Battlegrounds recently, it is evident that both Clerics and Chanters are very good at this format in 4.8 - and that's fine. However, also being able to become a complete fortress by swapping to a set with no drawbacks is too much of the good stuff. Much of the argumentation is the same as it was last time we introduced this balance change.

This change is not meant to fix all problems with BG balance but I don't believe in changing everything at once, because then it's impossible to anticipate the outcome and likewise impossible to separate the good from the bad changes. And, it is of course temporary as in, it will be disabled should these builds no longer seem an issue.

Regards,
Harboe
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: Custom balance change: MR/Block

Postby HexHaXor » 27 Jun 2015 10:46

if i say i love you it's to small. thank god no more block fuks
My pets after theyr prey

Former sexual abuser of the PVP balance
HexHaXor
Isn't it getting boring yo?

Character: HHx

Postby DarkVoid » 27 Jun 2015 10:50

nice nice nice nerf0)00
extendables weapons?
DarkVoid

Character: Avoid

Postby elaine » 27 Jun 2015 11:42

from one side I agree from other I don't - this patch is melee one and templar got boosted beyond all reason, glad just behind. New bg way is 2 templars + bard... and this even in block / insta swap mr/ block is impossible to survive.
I'd say ok but a bit less on numbers not to boost melee even more.
elaine
EU Staff

Character: Whisper

Postby Harboe » 27 Jun 2015 11:47

elaine wrote:from one side I agree from other I don't - this patch is melee one and templar got boosted beyond all reason, glad just behind. New bg way is 2 templars + bard... and this even in block / insta swap mr/ block is impossible to survive.
I'd say ok but a bit less on numbers not to boost melee even more.

I don't know where you're seeing these Bards, but there's an overwhelming majority of Clerics, Chanters and Templars currently.
Harboe
Founder

Postby alexu » 27 Jun 2015 12:04

i guess it's not enough that all the plates are teaming against clerics...now we need to nerf them more even if the plates got boosted
try to play cleric in hp set and see how u will explode in 1 stumble when all the plates are targeting the same target...everybody knows that plates
are rulling the bgs
We don't need this anymore since we have premades only with 3 ppl...that was the best thing to do. We all remember the old premades with 1 chanter, cleric, 3 glads and 1 temp...but it's fixed already.
PS: 3.4 block is basic acc for a temp...
Last edited by alexu on 27 Jun 2015 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
alexu

Character: Cleric

Postby Harboe » 27 Jun 2015 12:07

alexu wrote:i guess it's not enough that all the plates are teaming against clerics...now we need to nerf them more even if the plates got boosted
try to play cleric in hp set and see how u will explode in 1 stumble when all the plates are targeting the same target...everybody knows that plates
are rulling the bgs

This nerf does not prevent you from using a Block or MR set nor does it prevent you from going hybrid between Block/MR and HP.

And as I mentioned in the OP, this is not meant to fix all problems. I will take one measure at a time to improve balance instead of throwing everything up in the air and fucking shit up.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Miltos » 27 Jun 2015 12:16

U wot m8?

Seems that now I have to start playing with SW as support.

RIP 460 HB Cleric, you will be missed... :cry:
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do 8-)

Fear not, the dark, my friend. And let the feast begin.
Miltos
Veteran

Character: Illuminos

Postby Mists » 27 Jun 2015 12:16

HP chanter/cleric is good, why cant you just try -__-
Currently in Overwatch: 3446 peak.

Hater.
Mists
Haters gonna hate

Postby Miltos » 27 Jun 2015 12:25

Mists wrote:HP chanter/cleric is good, why cant you just try -__-

I use MR on Cleric to facepalm those Sorcs/SMs and SWs when they resist Fear and sleep. By this way I can dispel my team if they get Fear Shriek. Otherwise, taking into account the current hate for clerics when always I get focused in every BG, I get shrekt evritim.

And Block set is capped at 50% chance to block. Still 5/10 of their attacks won't be blocked.

If I continue with Cleric, I shall build a MSupp and a PDeff set.

P.S.: Can a Cleric use Pure Dynatoum Cloth gear? Or is it only for mage-use?
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do 8-)

Fear not, the dark, my friend. And let the feast begin.
Miltos
Veteran

Character: Illuminos

Postby bloodi » 27 Jun 2015 12:35

wow this is the best news i ever read xD
I describe Her in one word, Mine.
bloodi

Character: Bloodi

Postby alexu » 27 Jun 2015 12:37

Harboe wrote:This nerf does not prevent you from using a Block or MR set nor does it prevent you from going hybrid between Block/MR and HP.

And as I mentioned in the OP, this is not meant to fix all problems. I will take one measure at a time to improve balance instead of throwing everything up in the air and fucking shit up.

There will be no point for me to play full block as support against all the plates(maybe some of them with acc sets) if i lose 360 healing boost :) That's more healing boost than Benevolence. I think the problem was the chanter, cleric teams....but this is already a fail group for a premade of 3. I understood something wrong?
alexu

Character: Cleric

Postby Deuce » 27 Jun 2015 12:38

Its just the start to give motivation to other classes for apply bg :p
Deuce
General

Character: Alisa

Postby Harboe » 27 Jun 2015 12:39

alexu wrote:There will be no point for me to play full block as support against all the plates(maybe some of them with acc sets) if i lose 360 healing boost :) That's more healing boost than Benevolence. I think the problem was the chanter, cleric teams....but this is already a fail group for a premade of 3. I understood something wrong?

If you don't find it valuable to go full Block, then don't go full Block. It's not one or the other exclusively.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Oneuproad » 27 Jun 2015 12:51

I do not see what kind of balancing this can bring, as we all know it is either the soft targets getting focused or the healers.
If someone goes full Attack/Crit or full MBoost/HP, why should not they feel that they are getting blocked and resisted while the other is just fully against their manastone build? I have seen numerous times 1 healer dying by 1 guy without problems because he simply countered the healer's manastones.

HP build is sure nice, but it is nowhere anything good as Block or MR. I am rather happy when i see someone in HP set, can kill it way easier than a Block, or even MR healer.

About MSUP set, msup sets are basicly PvE sets with none or very minor PvP deff %, you will explode to physical classes that is my only point there.

Also, i am a Templar and was Gladi and i never had any problems with Block users... it is the same amount of might for me to build an accuracy set, or for the magical people to build a MA set to counter the Block or MR.

P.S.: @Harboe: Forgot to mention, is it not already just a 50/50 chance to either Block or Resist... or is it not implented on NotAion?
Last edited by Oneuproad on 27 Jun 2015 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
Oneuproad

Character: Tetsuhiko

Next

Return to News