A New Hope: 5.8 Revival

Check out what's going on.

Re: A New Hope: 5.8 Revival

Postby Helios » 15 Jan 2020 20:45

You might as well permanently delete the north american server, since only 5 nerds (2 of them are probably brazilians) would play whatever the version you put on it. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure a South American server would be pretty well populated. Even though you don't wanna host it at São Paulo because it's expensive, you should (please) try to allocate it in any other SA country, like Peru, Colombia, Argentina, Chile or Uruguay. Aren't we worth a try? You can always just make an experiment and if it doesn't go right, you're free to delete it whenever you want. I know a lot of people would appreciate your effort, Mr. Harboe. G-god b-bless you.
Helios

Character: Helios

Postby Oiran » 15 Jan 2020 21:02

FINALLY !
Oiran

Character: oiran

Postby Youmu » 15 Jan 2020 21:06

SA server SA server gogo. My friends will be happy to play there and with them i am sure most people of america will leave the eu server to join us.
Youmu

Character: Youmu

Postby Rospet » 15 Jan 2020 21:13

There used to be BR server, it was deader than the most dead shit ever. Stop with ur bullshit
Peace Be Uppon Thy
Rospet

Character: Rospet

Postby Harboe » 15 Jan 2020 21:20

Not exactly. Not Aion had a massive Brazilian following and the BR server was too much of a success that it had to have a login queue put on it to not crash. But that was mainly because servers in Brazil are insanely expensive, even for the ones with terrible networking causing lags, complete blackouts etc. I had to make so many adjustments to the Not Aion website to handle the BR server constantly going offline, because I wasn't used to that with EU and US servers.

The issue with a BR server is mainly about cost vs what the players are able to donate: it's just massively disproportional because a decent server in Brazil costs a fortune. So the BR donations were never enough to fund the server costs and it ended up costing money in the grand total. Plus countless hours of my time, of course.
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Postby Helios » 15 Jan 2020 21:27

Ok, but don't you think allocating it in any other South American country would be better? Try Peru, dude, it would be a good location even to bring NA players to play with us. + How can I make a donation, please? I'd like to. :)
Helios

Character: Helios

Postby Autruche2DeQI » 15 Jan 2020 21:52

"I've hopefully learned from past mistakes".
As you said, i hope you won't make the same mistake with the def sets for exemple :^).
Anyways that's a good thing Harboe.
Autruche2DeQI

Character: Bb

Postby Youmu » 15 Jan 2020 22:03

Yes. Let us know what custom nerfs/boosts will be.
Youmu

Postby Daddyy » 15 Jan 2020 23:53

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Daddyy

Character: Daddyy

Postby Rizyn » 16 Jan 2020 04:07

Please dont add unrestricted sets, as they only benefit plates and chains. I understand from your side Harb that you may want it to have players to have more stuff to spend might on, but no one wants to deal with stupid temps in leather/cloth running MR and MS sets. If there is one thing ncsoft did right in 6.0+, its that they had class restricted gear.
Rizyn

Character: Rizyn

Postby Jace » 16 Jan 2020 05:07

Rizyn wrote:Please dont add unrestricted sets, as they only benefit plates and chains. I understand from your side Harb that you may want it to have players to have more stuff to spend might on, but no one wants to deal with stupid temps in leather/cloth running MR and MS sets. If there is one thing ncsoft did right in 6.0+, its that they had class restricted gear.

Please dont listen to that bs harb, its easy to make sets, sets that counter sets etc stop crying for nothin
Jace

Postby Youmu » 16 Jan 2020 05:16

Yes, you can change set when you are silenced and ready to receive a full burst combo and then the enemy doesn't have any way to know you changed it, then the combo had 50% resist skills and easy win. Even having the magic acc set, you can't be able to know always the seconds to use it in these cases.

"You can see the skin changing"? Panda candy and easy camouflage.
Youmu

Postby Rizyn » 16 Jan 2020 05:28

Jace wrote:
Rizyn wrote:Please dont add unrestricted sets, as they only benefit plates and chains. I understand from your side Harb that you may want it to have players to have more stuff to spend might on, but no one wants to deal with stupid temps in leather/cloth running MR and MS sets. If there is one thing ncsoft did right in 6.0+, its that they had class restricted gear.

Please dont listen to that bs harb, its easy to make sets, sets that counter sets etc stop crying for nothin

So how much crying have you done since 6.0 when gear is class restricted? You must have cried an ocean full. Unrestricted sets only benefited plates and chains, I love how you couldnt argue against what I said besides "stop crying," which is the typical response from a 12 year old kid. Or just another ninja turtle mode temp who liked having access to every gear type why scouts/mages were stuck with what they had. Stop crying and learn to play your class better and you wouldnt need an unrestricted set to carry you.
Rizyn

Character: Rizyn

Postby Rospet » 16 Jan 2020 08:11

This bs only shows how little you know. 6.0 made all sets have the same damn stats. Other than some minor difference in pdef and mdef. So there was no bloody difference between a templar on cloth set with mr on 5.8 and a templar with plate on mr in 6.x
Now for real fk off with those stupid suggestions.
Peace Be Uppon Thy
Rospet

Character: Rospet

Postby Zze » 16 Jan 2020 12:42

I know that unrestricted sets may be too op on plate but same time they made the game more fun . Enemy had to constantly inspect and switch sets . To me its more of a skill battle involving switching sets on top. I dont see how this is bad unless people cant afford those sets .

Probably the think that needs toned down are the +50 manastones maybe ?! :D
Zze
Dedicated

Character: Assassin

PreviousNext

Return to News