5.8 goes to Katalam

Check out what's going on.

5.8 goes to Katalam

Postby Harboe » 29 Mar 2020 09:11

Hello guys,

As it's been 2 weeks since the last change to the Open World PvP map, I've decided to go ahead with a map change. The new map is Katalam and more specifically the Quarantine Area which I find to be the most fitting given the state of the world in these dark times.

Katalam is one of the old maps that were destroyed with the 4.8 update, so in order to play on it you need the "Old Maps" pack installed in your Not Aion 5.8 client. You most likely already have it if you played on the Sarpan OW map a few weeks ago or if you downloaded the Not Aion 5.8 client within the last month.

However, for those of you who get the error message "The region data in this client is incomplete" when you try to go to Open World, please follow the instructions in this support thread: https://forum.notaion.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10173

Best regards,
Harboe
Harboe
Founder

Character: Harbkind

Re: 5.8 goes to Katalam

Postby Rospet » 31 Mar 2020 17:26

Since the OW map has moved to katalam, would be nice to move the main base to Kalatam as well. Or literally anywhere else but Norsvold/Illuma, place is horrible XDD
Peace Be Uppon Thy
Rospet

Character: Rospet

Postby Harboe » 31 Mar 2020 17:53

Rospet wrote:Since the OW map has moved to katalam, would be nice to move the main base to Kalatam as well. Or literally anywhere else but Norsvold/Illuma, place is horrible XDD

The reason for not moving the bases there was initially due to concerns about players who tried to log in without the old maps patch. There are still frequently people who log in without that patch, though we're talking small numbers. Anyway, I'll think about it, though I literally just wiped the base spawns yesterday to prevent farming them of the NPC's.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 11 Apr 2020 14:50

Update notes

The Open World PvP map has now been changed to Tiamaranta's Eye (I know, a day early on the 2-week schedule, but suited me better today).
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 25 Apr 2020 11:39

Update notes

The Open World PvP map has now been changed to Levinshor.
Harboe
Founder

Postby Harboe » 06 May 2020 18:10

Update notes

The Open World PvP map has now been changed to Iluma.
Harboe
Founder

Return to News